California Conservation Corps

California Conservation Corps Employer Reviews

Fun and productive place and to live on campus.
Coremember (Former Employee), Fortuna, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: living on a campus, helps others get a high school diploma
Cons: no free lunches on weekends
i had a great experience learned new experiences, experienced working out doors and i really enjoyed it. if you like working outdoors you will like working for the California conservation corps. they give you structure, team building help you get your class B drivers license, you can get work with cal trans company. To me its a great place to go when you are young and have no experience under your belt.
Trails
Trails Specialist (Former Employee), Greenwood, CAJanuary 12, 2015
This job was interesting but at the same time very difficult because the fact that no matter what the weather condition was we still had to get the job done. Management and my co-workers were most of the time being productive at the job sites. The hardest part of the job was working under harsh weather conditions, like working in very cold weather while it was raining. The enjoyable part of the job was feeling accomplished after getting each and every job project done at the end and the supervisors thanking for our service.
Review of Applied Behavior Consultants
Core Member (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: had fun with children
Cons: not enough hours
I had the great chance to work with kids with autism. I helped students with gross motor skills, speech development, social skills and many other things. I was also required to wear uniform and that I do daily data collection so that progress of the student was measured. The management was okay although some workers were rude in nature it was still a good place to work. Management was very organized.
Always productive, never a boring day, and there is always something new.
Corps Member (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: residential centers, health insurance, and scholarship opportunities
Cons: extreme conditions
My typical day at work started off at 7a.m. Doing PT to make sure we wouldn't cramp up on the job. After all of that, we head out to the place we were going to work. It was usually a different place each week. We got to go to beautiful places, and sometimes it was in extreme conditions. We did things like trail maintenance, fire fuel reduction, fire camp support, and we worked with Cal Trans. I learned quiet a few things in the corps, such as chainsaw work, proper body mechanics, and even how to cook. The other corps members actually feel like they become family. Everyone gets so close, and it's a very friendly environment. The whole job is hard but it is very well worth it. If you are one for outdoors and hard work then the California Conservation Corps is for you!
Corpsmember (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: traveled
Cons: bad weather
A typical day of work would consist of us meeting in the morning and hearing our objectives for the day, then load up our vehicles with the tools for the day. I learned many things during my time at this like how to avoid workplace injuries and also how to properly use tools. The supervisors that i had the honor of working under gave me guidance on certain trades that i was interested in. My co-workers were hardworking, we always worked as a team to fulfill the needs of our contractors. There really wasn't any hard parts of the job. the most enjoyable parts was all the experience that i gained.
you will learn a lot working for the CCC
corps member (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 20, 2014
I learned a lot working here. the hardest part was hot days, but i enjoyed working outside and learning everything i learnd
Productive and fun work place
California Conservation Corps - Conservationist (Former Employee), National City, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: time
Providing assistance on managing, improving maintenance and protecting wildlife habitats recreational parks, alongside Caltrans ,trail building.

Learning developing skills, strong team work ethic. Leading, helping ,showing. Hands on power tools ,hand tools, strong lifts.

The love for nature, free spirit.
good place to work
Food Preparer (Former Employee), CANovember 18, 2014
working for the conservation corps was an intressting experiance but it was all a dog eat dog work place very one wants to be the favorite and the staff arnt so nice unless you stay on there good sides
Productive and fun environment
Corp Member (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: certify you with alot of certification
Cons: spikes
The hardest part about this job would have to be the spike. Where we would have to go to a certain location and live for 8-10. I had to be up by 4:30 and prepare breakfast for my crew. After they ate i would do a morning safety meeting.
productive work
Corps Member (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: a very interesting job
Landscaping, tool maintenance, building trails, emergency response.
Expericence and Growth
Corps member (Former Employee), Napa, CANovember 12, 2014
California Conservation Corp was a fun and hard labor job. Our motto was, "Hard work, low pay, miserable conditions, and more, and the people that worked their lived by that motto. A typical day at work was landscaping enjoying the hard work with your co workers and getting through the day safe and efficiently. Our supervisors were easy to get along with as long as you did your job as a corps member. The hardest part of the job was working long hour shifts varying from 10 hour shifts on the week days or spikes or even 16 hour shifts on emergency events we would respond to such as fires or floods. The most enjoyed part of the job was getting to know your coworkers after a long day of work.
Not all it was made it to be
Corps Member (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CANovember 11, 2014
It was a good program but flawed in many ways but over all taught me I can be a cook.
Continuous Growth Opportunity
Corps Member Development Specialist (Former Employee), Fortuna, CANovember 9, 2014
State program for youth between 18-25 years of age performing manual labor in the effort of performing environmental conservation.Hard work, Low pay, miserable conditions.
the ccc provides vital services in are comunity as well as fire fighting and salmon restoration project
salmon restoration crew men (Former Employee), Ukiah, CANovember 4, 2014
The ccc taught me a variety of tool usage as well as fire fighting, trail building, first aid basics and CPR
horrible
Conservationist (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: everything
not a good place to be.. staff are rude and employees are just as bad.
Productive and fun workplace
Corps Member (Current Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 21, 2014
Friendly environment with motivational assistance. Learn new skills to assist you with advancement.
Great for adventure. Love the Hikes!
Corps Member (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: help firefight, and visit state parks
Cons: miserable weather conditions
Everyday was another learning experience with new lessons. Drama was at the workplace and even my supervisors needed lessons. Overall i loved the C.C.C.
productive place
Labor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: will give you a place to stay if needed
Cons: a lot of physical work for low pay
A lot of work for low pay.gives the opportunity for appreciation for the work force. you work alongside people who are so self motivated that you yourself become self motivated.
A great experience!
Corps-member (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great experience, awesome work
Cons: difficult living environments/ work environments
This was my first real job experience. A typical day started at waking up early morning around 5 am. and getting ready to start on our current project at the time , whether that was doing trail maintenance and construction while camping in big sur, or doing a back country 'spike' project, camping in the out back for a few weeks and doing work on the trails. I learned so much in the program and the management could be inspiring and strict at the same time. I made plenty of good friends in the program who were my co-workers and we got along very well, the hardest part of the job was the physical aspect of waking up at 5 AM to go sit in a dining room full of people, and also the poison oak got bad at some times. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work outdoors with your friends, doing the physical work you love doing in the wilderness, and just having new experiences with different projects all over the place.
A workplace where you live at and anything can happen
Corps Member (Former Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: plenty of recreational facilities, interaction with fellow corp members, unpredictable work days
Cons: harsh weather conditions
A normal day of work in the CCC has some crew members go out and do fuel reduction, bridge making, fire camp support, and spikes all around California. While some crews stay at the center and either make the meals and lunches for the week or clean and straighten up the center. The facilities in the housing area of the center consists of a library, a recreational room, a gym, laundry room, and a movie room so when the weekend comes around, the corp members can relax.

1 2 3 4 5

About California Conservation Corps

The California Conservation Corps (CCC) helps fight fires, save the environment, and respond to emergencies across the state. – Read more

California Conservation Corps Photos