California Dental Association Employee Reviews

Every Member Every Day
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 6, 2018
CDA is dedicated to servicing their members, everyday. In all we do, it's with our members best interest in mind.
One of the most enjoyable part of working for CDA is that everyone shares the same vision of providing superior service to the members we serve, and helping our members remain in business doing what they love, practicing dentistry.
Lack of corporate responsibility and welfare of employees
Practice Management (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 29, 2018
CDA and its subsidiaries may seem like a great opportunity at first but after awhile you experience an unstable work environment that goes through multiple restructures throughout the different companies underneath CDA. Senior management does not care for employees and view them as expendable toys.
Very interesting place to work.
Legislative Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2017
Very interesting work as a legislative/administrative assistant to a very busy lobbyist. There was alot of on the job training in a very fast paced, deadline oriented department.
Pros
Immediate supervisor was great.
Cons
Upper management.
Good Company
Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2017
Company treats employees well with rich benefits and good pay. Work/life balance is fabulous. This is a group of individuals who value their people and their balance.
Pros
Paid week off between Christmas and New Years
Cons
Career Advancement
Awesome Culture
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2017
Wonderful environment, great training and opportunity for advancement. Benefits are amazing and so is the HR. Definitely a great place to work and learn all about dental.
Good Company
Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 24, 2015
Good Company, management needs some work. No appreciation for hard work. Flexible hours. Good Benefits. Have to pay for parking.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
A membership-based organization that serves dentists in California and upholds highest standards in excellence, integrity, respect and accountability.
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 13, 2013
My primary responsibilities included supporting the Committee on Volunteer Placement, volunteer recognition, Executive Committee dinner coordination, and House of Delegates registration/material. The nature of this work was very detailed and complex, and involved daily interaction with highly educated dental professionals.
I have learned a great deal about organized dentistry and governance processes, and had a privilege of working with many amazing people.
My managers were very supportive and genuinely interested in my success and growth, providing training and educational opportunities, and maintaining an open-door policy to ensure transparent communication.
My department team members were very close, sharing workload, traveling for events/meetings, celebrating milestones, etc.
The most challenging part of my job was a deadline-driven schedule, juggling a lot of meetings, events, material distribution and online posting.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with amazing people, traveling, and great benefits.
Pros
Management, travel, benefits, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Few opportunities for advancement
Great company, excellent benefits, some mgrs lousy
Senior Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2013
Company going thru reorganizing, layoffs lately, great caliber of people for the most part
Pros
Best benefits
Cons
some lousy managers
Fun workplace environment; however unethical culture and values
Office employee (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 16, 2012
This is a company that has many components and room for growth. However, although the room is there doesn't mean that the employees are given the opportunity to do so. HR and Manager agrees to it, so if your manager doesn't like you it won't happen. It's not based on experience or merit. Your growth is dependent on making the next person's life mesirible to suffice your boss and HR. So if you are not in their favor don't even think about it. However, a Beside the day to day drama that occurs. There are ethical managers and employees who are really there to make a difference in the company or bring the best out in their subordinates and collegues. Overall, the work environment is very fun. This company is very good about keeping the morale up with fun parties, events and social gatherings. The free lunches are awesome too! The compensation is very generous. The people for the most part are very friendly and nice. Overall I give it a B-.
Pros
lunches, parties, social gatherings, movie day, etc..
Cons
micromanagers, employee value, hiring within
Challenging and enriching work experience
Freelance Graphic Design (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 21, 2012
As a freelance job, I worked my own hours. My usual work load was approximately 2-3 double sided flyer advertisements every two weeks with occasional business card assignments. I remained in close contact with the organization's clients and learned a great deal about how to deal with clients that were, perhaps, unaware of the technical side of the job. It allowed me to translate my knowledge and skills into a much more universal language so that clients would not feel out of their depth or uncomfortable when communicating with me.
Was a wonderful run.
SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2012
I learned how to be organized, manage time, and work with the public in the most efficient way.
Very fair and honest place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2012
Great place to work, they genuinly car about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Dental Association. Our community is ready to answer.

California Dental Association Reviews by Location