California Family Fitness

California Family Fitness Employer Reviews

Positive and motivating environment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAOctober 8, 2014
Working at California Family Fitness truly felt like I was a part of a very close and hard working team and work family.
Loved the fun and energetic enviorment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 13, 2014
Mornings were amazing, meeting with the team getting everyone's goals for daily production and pumping then up for the day. I learned that you can not train someone to be motivated and driven, but you can shape and train imperfections in motivated individuals to be successful in Sales. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, but if you teach a man to fish he eats for a life time. Management was fair and motivated us into higher standards. My co-workers became some of my closest friends outside the work place. The hardest part of my jobs was watching customer disregard their health and choose to maintain a unhealthy lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching lives transform into healthy people determined to make a change and reap the benefits of better health.
seasonal
Swim Instructor/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2014
Pros: great staff. gym was exceptional
Cons: seasonal job.
Great fitness company. I was a pool supervisor and a swim instructor. I loved working in the pool and teaching people to swim.
Great company to work for
Spin Instructor (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJune 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Everyone I worked for was motivated to the members. My typical day at work was coming into the gym and teaching a class. Motivating people in fitness and making sure they would want to come back. I learned that people want to feel better about themselves and so do I. The most enjoyable part of the job was making people feel good, which also made me feel good.
Fun environment with management team of slave drivers
Membership Consultant (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 8, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: pay is based on bonuses, not commission. hit the imaginary impossible number and you get some more money.
This is an individual based performance pay structure. Hit the numbers and you are rewarded, but next year we will make sure you can't hit them. Individual achievements are based on how many people are work with the team and if people quit, which is very high, then your quota is sky rocketed. Last month you hit plan, but this month your teammates quit, so now they punish you by making you hit their numbers to make up for it. And they don't replace the people who quit until two months later. So if you are above average you will make 3000+ a month, but if your teammates quit and you can't hit plan expect only 2000 that month. Pay is based on bese+commission+bonus, if you hit plan you get all three, if you don't you get only base+commission. WARNING! Bonus is more than commission, so without hitting the impossible numbers, you average 11-12 bucks an hour. If you hit the numbers you make 19-22 bucks an hour. Good Luck with that. I was an above average consultant and hit plan every month until more and more consultants quit, so I had to make up for it with a higher goal. Tough, so be prepared.
The team atmosphere is great and a lot of the members are really sweet.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: commissions on retail sales
Cons: wish i had more hours
The team atmosphere is great and a lot of the members are really sweet.
Fun, High energy
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: was able to workout as part of the job.
A typical day would include trailing between two to three gyms fixing and maintaining gym equipment ranging from treadmills to free weights. This job thought me a lot about what it takes to keep a gym properly up and running and how to fix gym equipment. The management was helpful and understanding. My co-workers were fun to be around and full of energy. the hardest part of my job was to juggle work loads between three very busy gyms that all had over 200 pieces of equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job was the atmosphere of the gyms, always lively and full of energy.
Productive and fun work place with many customer interactions
Maintenance Associate (Current Employee), Folsom, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: the people, early hours, environment i love
Cons: minimum wage
At California Family Fitness we are all about the customer and maintaining customer satisfaction. The typical day on the job requires me to clean the steam room, sauna, stairs, various cardio rooms, and our pure motion room. I have learned a lot at California Family Fitness since the day I was hired. In the corporate introduction meeting we watched a video on how to promote a positive work environment, include the customers in our fun, and the importance of caring about our job. The management team at California Family Fitness is a strong team, management is always on the floor with employees helping with any problem that may arise throughout the day. The hardest part of the job was the hours, 4:30 am start time, but after being employed there long enough i have adapted to the early hours and have learned to love it. The most enjoyable part of the job is my amazing, hardworking, and dedicated co-workers. The people I work with are nothing short of amazing and practice excellent customer service on a daily basis. The members have also made my job very fun and enjoyable, I have had the opportunity to meet a various amount of new people, build networking bonds, and friendships while at my place of work.
thankyou cal- fit , natomas.
Janitor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2014
all was well at Cal- fit, natomas. however I had to relocate.
Great coworkers and a friendly environment
Child Care Assistant/ Maintenance Associate (Current Employee), Carmichael, CADecember 20, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: no benefits
On a typical day, I would show up and play with the kids and/or clean while enjoying conversation with the members. The coworkers are some of the best people I've met and the managers are always willing to work with you. The best part of my day would have to be playing with the children and making their parents happy.
Loved working in an atmospher where everyone was focused on one thing!
Janitoral/Child Care/Receptionist (Former Employee), Roseville, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: got off earlier, more flexiblitiy
Cons: no social life, opener shifts are hard.
I enjoyed working at California Family Fitness...I enjoyed the employees and the members and guest that came through the facility! I was responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the gym along with helping out at the front desk and back in child care. I was the opener and would go in at 3am...I enjoyed all my morning people so very much!
Production production production
General Sales Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 4, 2013
Pros: great advancement opportunity for producers!
Cons: high pressure environment
High pressure sales job great environment for a beginner to learn to produce, learn the diligence it takes to make commission and learn how consistent production creates wealth
Commission Sucks
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 12, 2013
Its a great company on the outside but is all about sales sales sales.....turnover ratio of employees is ridiculous.
Positive and fun work life balance
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJuly 23, 2013
Although my time at California Family Fitness was short the company treated me well and it was a fun and exciting place to work that both challenged me and allowed me to grow and expand in my area of interest.
Great company to work for
Swim Instructor/Child Care Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJuly 16, 2013
I really enjoyed my time working here. My position involved customer service, child care, and rule enforcement. I acquired great skills from this position that have stayed with me to this day.
Work
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 15, 2013
Great gym! Loved the people I worked with, such a friendly environment.
The best Company that I have ever worked for! Innovative! Calfit remembers your birthday and your yearly anniversary's.
Part-time Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: calfit provides childcare while your instructing! great job for part-time working mums. also, having access to all the fabulous amenities that calfit provides to it's members.
Cons: injuries that all instructors will undoubtedly at some have to confront.
There is no typical day at work.

I've learned so much about how a persons individual health effects every aspect of their life. I am still learning new and improved techniques on how to motivate individuals in keeping fit both physically and mentally.

Knowledgeable, multi-taskers, patient, compassionate, and very reliable.

High maintenance, extroverted, energetic, fit, creative, competitive, and friendly.

Teaching more then 5 exercises in a day. Teaching with injuries!

Getting paid to stay fit! Watching members have fun in my classes. Knowing that I can motivate individuals to try and live healthy lifestyles.
Productive and fun workplace with the children.
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 4, 2013
Pros: fun, enjoyable, great co-workers
Cons: short breaks, sickness
A typical day at work is clocking in, doing a locker room check, signing in children, go straight to your required zone for the day whether it is the baby section, the older kids, the play scape, or the art table, signing out the children, playing games with them, making sure they are safe, helping them if they are hurt, etc. The management and co-workers are friendly but they all enforce the rules strictly. The hardest part of the job is making the new parent's feel comfortable with leaving their children with us, but the most enjoyable part is being with the children and spending one on one with each of them.
Great atmosphere
Sales (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Being able to walk around and talk to clients as well as helping out with they're health.
Great expirence working with the general public
Kidz Klub/Child Care Center Employee (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 7, 2013
I watched the children of the gym members while the parents worked out.
Learned a lot about early child development and special behaviors.

About California Family Fitness

Our philosophy is simple: We make being fit fun and entertaining for the entire family. That's because we, too, are family members – Read more

California Family Fitness Photos