California Family Fitness Employee Reviews

Good for younger people
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2017
Lots of hard work for minimal pay. Little room for advancement. There was a lot of picking up others slack too...............................................
cool and refreshing place to work
Deck attendant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 25, 2017
I started working for CFF about two and half months ago. every sense I started they have been awesome.I totally recommend this job for everybody who seek a part time position.
Fun place to work at
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJuly 25, 2017
This is a great place to work if you want to meet friendly people with a good attitude. Awesome job for a student who barely starting. They are flexible with hours.
Pros
Free amenities
Child care
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 20, 2017
• I was responsible for the health and safety of the children
• My main job was to entertain the children in large groups by hosting events such as arts and crafts, outside games and educational learning activities
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
minimum wage
Great for my first job.
Front Desk Supervisor/ Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for. they really take care of their employees. You grow to love your coworkers as family. You never get bored. Its great to se all the members progress! very motivating!
Great Place to Work
Aquatic Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 15, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about the company as a whole. They do a great job of running the gyms and they are always striving to improve the experiance.
Fun, Relaxed, interesting
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 12, 2017
Cal Fit is a fun place to work. It is a very relaxed and slow pace workplace. The members are fun to talk and always in a good mood. You also get a free gym membership.
Pros
gym membership, nice people
Cons
standing for long hours
Awful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJune 30, 2017
Rather not talk about it. Found out a lot about the company that ruined my experience as a member and employee. I used to love the place and the way it was run. Everything changed for me once i was employed by them and witnessed how corrupt they are.
Cons
Bad management
Productive and fun work enviroment
Child Care Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 12, 2017
It has been several years since I have worked for this company, and do not feel comfortable writing a review for them. Since this required I will say that working with the children, and organizing the activities was a lot of fun. This work experience help me develop my social skills.
Child Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 6, 2017
I loved my job at California Family Fitness due to the children I was able to work with. I enjoyed working with my team mates. This was a very fun and energetic place to work. I made alot of friends with the members and with my coworkers but the absolute best part was working with the babies.
Pros
Free Family Gym Membership!
Cons
Low pay
low wages
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 6, 2017
even if you decided to advance in the operation dept. the pay difference is not there, and they utilize front desk attendants for trainers and then do not compensate them for such.
Elk Grove childcare position
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 1, 2017
I have been with calfit for only 2 months so far, and on my first week of work I had already started to notice that management was not good.!!! manager has favorites and sides with them even when people complain about certain workers (even 2/3 supervisors). my first day I was supposed to be getting trained by either a supervisor or mangager. neither of them were there when I got there so an employee who had only been there a month showed me around and told me the basics then I was left in the little kids room. later manager arrived and she gave me a tour and was left again with the small kids. when it came around to cleaning time I was left with the bigger stuff to do. such as cleaning inside playscape, mopping all the bathrooms and basketball room, vacuuming and cleaning bathrooms, while everyone else just cleaned the surfaces and picked up the toys. for the next two weeks it was like this, people would take advantage I was new and didn't know much to leave me with all the work while they pretty much just stood around and did nothing. another time I was even left alone outside with two infants that could not crawl and a child who kept crying for their mother, along with around 10 other toddlers. the other girls who were supposed to be out there were inside chatting it up with the supervisor and eating for about 40 min until they decided to come back to work... i have a lot more to say but basically MANAGEMENT is BIASED and NOT HELPFUL. i am just about ready to quit because of all the work abuse that goes on. only reason i;m giving 2 stars is because i really love this gym,  more... ive been a member since 2013 and because i really enjoy working with the kids. i hope corporate sees this and investigates because honestly the manager does not deserve this job.  less
Pros
free membership, can take kids to work (unless manager is there because she doesnt like it)
Cons
Horrible management
fun and low stress environment
Child Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 6, 2017
minimum wage job with little room for advancement or raises,

Management is approachable and helpful.

fun and health-conscious work environment. simple job tasks.
Exciting place to work very family oriented
Front Desk/Child Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2017
I enjoy working here. Staff is very polite & the environment is super outgoing all the time. I love the fact that they provide free childcare for all staff & childcare employees.
Pros
events, free childcare
Cons
pay
Fun and playful place to work.
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2017
As a part time employee at CalFit, they were very compliant with my busy school schedule as a full-time student. The staff was very encouraging and leadership was key.
Great place to work and meet different people.
Maintenence (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 25, 2017
I go in to work every shift that consists of cleaning and maintaining the gym to the best it can be. Also, meeting members allows to better my social skills as well.
Pros
Free membership.
Cons
Food shops are not close enough for a 30 minute lunch
Friendly environment with hard working people.
Child Care attendant (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I haven't worked at California Family Fitness for very long; but through my personal experience and from what my coworkers have said it is a friendly place with people who truly care about helping others. The hours are pretty routine once they are set, you can switch shifts relatively easily between coworker to coworker.
Creates active lifestyle
Daycare provider, Input member payment information (Former Employee) –  Antelope, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Working in a gym can be very inspiring and that is why I loved working there. Seeing people come in everyday an establishing a friendship with them as they achieve their goals is very inspiring and makes you want to change your life to a healthier more active style as well .
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
no room for growth
Fun for you, work for them
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 11, 2017
At the time I worked for Calfit you sat your bag down and went to work ASAP. Your job was to look out on the floor and prevent people alternatives and faster results in the gym setting. You had options though on how to get clients. You would sit the client down and talk and express who you are and what you can offer them. Given a brief breakdown what you can do for them they will make a choice on how do they want to accomplish their goals and how much they willing to invest in their future.
Pros
Free gym, seeing results in clients, flexible schedules, and meeting new people everyday
Cons
Annoying Clients, only by Commission, high standards, salesperson
Free membership and alright hours
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 31, 2017
So I enjoyed my job when working alone or with a partner, it was okay. What really messed me up was how certain supervisors had favorites and fake smiles and the like when it came to anything really. Coworkers, some were great and good friends but others seemed like they were still dramatic highschoolers, it was annoying to work with. I guess its to be expected of a minimum wage job. Supervisors (and manager) seem to not really care about employees which is probably why there is such a high turnout rate despite such a nice free membership. A lot of the parents were awful to deal with because if any child misbehaved they would get upset that we had to stop their precious workout time to remove a child OR would act like their child is perfect.
Too much bloody noses/knees and parents not changing diapers before dropping them off for anyone to remain sane lmao.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
short breaks, lofty managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Family Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

California Family Fitness Reviews by Location