California Family Fitness

California Family Fitness Employee Reviews

A good job for those who are inexperienced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 14, 2016
California Family Fitness is a great place to begin a journey into the world of work. It has a fun and energetic atmosphere and is a great place to learn a of basic job skills.
fg
Deck Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2016
I'm really only doing this because indeed is making me. It's been a while but cal fit was a pretty alright job. But the manager sucked..
Fun atmosphere
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAAugust 26, 2016
As a personal trainer i would be responsible for generating my own leads and scheduling my clients to come in for training sessions. I learned that people tend to forget unless you keep calling to remind them that they had a scheduled appointments. Hardest part of the job was to generate new clients. Most enjoyable part of the job was making a sale.
Pros
nice people
Cons
split shifts everyday
Clients Progress
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 5, 2016
I've currently worked there 1 1/2 yrs. The gym life has a high turnover in all departments. I stay because of my clients needs and goals. I have been training most of my clients for 1+ years.
Pros
Clients progress
Cons
Anything but a family environment.
Love it here!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 7, 2016
GREAT PLACE TO WORK! Friendly people members are great family fun atmosphere. Love this place because it feels like we are a family and its just a overall great place to work!
Great company to work for
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 25, 2016
Best part of working here is the relationships you build with the members and co-workers, I met some of my very close friends through working here.
Pros
Works well with school schedule
helping families grow
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  elk groveJanuary 21, 2016
i enjoyed singing families for something that i believed in helping them grow a plan and finding something very affordable for them
helping them understand the decion for signing up is a right one
Pros
coustomers meeting new people
Cons
benifits
Wants to Hire to Fire
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 6, 2016
This company is a huge lie. They promise opportunities for advancement, competitive salary, and all kinds of perks. It's all a lie. They strive to hire tons and tons of membership employees and sales reps to scare them to death, get them to sell tons of memberships, then fire them for absurd reasons or get them to quit. I've seen this happen to 20+ employees. Don't be fooled by the fake reviews on this site. They ask their employees to post positive reviews to make themselves look better. This is a terrible place to work that will run you in to the ground.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
insane hours, no life balance, no benefits, they'll fire you for anything
Good Job, Bad timing.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 20, 2015
Generate sales by: talking to people on the gym floor, making phone calls, servicing clients well.

It's a good place to work if you are a very seasoned trainer who has already made a career out of it, but by no means a good place to work if you are just getting started. CFF treats their employees much better than other places I've been. As well, they are very understanding about how difficult it is to get started.
Pros
Free gym membership, great people and employees
Cons
High pressure, make it or break it sales
productive and fun work place
Childcare Staff (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 12, 2015
staff is always really friendly. you have to be positive and energetic all the time, there are no exceptions. parents are always so friendly. love this job.
Awesome place
Front Desk Attendant, Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orangevale, CASeptember 10, 2015
This place is awesome, management taught me so much. I learned and experienced so much from this company. I will forever hold everything I learned from this job so close to my heart.
Horrible
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orangevale, CAAugust 18, 2015
They did not allow you appropriate breaks or lunch time. Spent most of my time out in the sun without adequate support from the management.
extremely fun active work environment
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 16, 2015
Greet guests, check in members, manage facility/departments, coordinate nonmember traffic through different departments, reconcile payments/billing and purchases, maintain order and cleanliness throughout club. I learned most of my customer service skills at this job, how to prioritize situations and be as helpful as possible. My coworkers became like a family to me and I am still in touch with most of them today. The hardest part of the job were the hours I worked, I often closed down the entire facility at night by myself.
Pros
friendly environment, busy
Cons
hours of operation, low pay
Great People to Work With
Shift Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 25, 2015
For the most part I would work at the front desk. Mondays are the busiest of days. I would have a juggle an assortment of tasks from checking members in, answering phones, discussing membership issues with members, selling products, to passing information to the sales team. I had to deal with many things at once and it really helped me develop multitasking skills under pressure. On the weekend I became the shift lead supervisor and oversaw the staff on its daily operations. I was my first time working in a leadership role and it was great. Management was nice and the all of the staff worked well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to talk to hundreds of people a day and getting to know them.
Pros
Free gym membership, Fun environment
Cons
Difficult to grow in the company
Too much stress and unrealistic quotas
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2015
Being a sales a manager is very stressful and requires a lot of personal time as well. The hardest part of this job is meeting unrealistic sale quotas on a monthly basis.
Pros
Opportunity to grow with company
Cons
Everything else
Family oriented fun work place
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 11, 2015
Such a great management team! I loved everything about this company and what they stand for. A very fun place to work. It was just enjoyable being at work. All the staff and customers were always very nice and fun to be around and interact with. I have no complaints about this job.
Pros
free membership
Cons
no cons
wonderful and accomodating place to work.
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 20, 2015
I enjoyed my experience working at California Family Fitness. Their team is like a family of its own. This job gave me the experience I needed for later jobs such as cleaning, child acre, responsibility, and team work.
don't work here
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 28, 2015
Management doesn't care about you at all. They only care about you hitting quota. Even if you end up being a good sales person, they'll see you as a threat and make it hard for you to get sales.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
competitive, immoral
Outstanding Company
Payroll/Compensation Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangevale, CAMarch 9, 2015
Without a doubt, this is the best job I ever held. It was hard to say goodbye. Awesome Corporate Management team and best team to work with in all aspects of employment. A true family!
Amazing company to work for and I really enjoy it.
District Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2015
Fitness Managers, and Personal Trainers Audit Member/Client personal training files to ensure accurate and complete information
 Analyze Personal Training Sales on a daily basis and update Director as needed; update regional stat sheet on a daily basis

California Family Fitness Reviews by Location