California Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

You will not be paid.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
I made the mistake of accepting a position with this hospital only to discover that they don't pay you. I now have to scramble to find another job before I run out of money and become homeless. I'll also have to go through the stress of suing the parent corporation, Dignity Health, for my unpaid wages.
Pros
Cons
Hostile co-workers, impossible workload, run down facility
Productive and team spirit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2017
California hospital medical center, is one of the leading trauma hospitals in southern California.
They provide a safe and happy work environment, that enables holistic patient care and career advancement for their workers.
Pros
Tuition reinbursement
a downtown teaching hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2017
a ghetto community hospital: the oldest hospital in Los Angeles, providing services to the downtown, East and South-Central LA, very busy hospital serving economically-challenged population
Pros
good for exposure and experience
Cons
lots of work
Good work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2017
This place was difficult to leave; however, my husband was stationed to Hawaii and I had no other choice. The people (coworkers and patients) were friendly despite it being a hospital.
Productive work day
Cardiovascular Technician (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2017
My everyday tasks are to make sure the patients are satisfied with my work. I try my best to keep my satisfaction scores high and get reviews. I have learned lots of outstanding patient care. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see patients are satisfied and happy.
Pros
Never get bored, the hospital takes care of the employee, great benefits, clean environment.
Cons
Not any
work is well compensated .... needs to increase staffing
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2017
Work and work with breaktime to freshen up and socialized with co workers. Learn a lot patients care for surgical patients . Understood better certain surgical procedures and specific bedside care for different surgical cases. Learn to work at a fast- paced without sacrificing quality of care . Improved my bedside manners in dealing with all ages from pediatrics to geriatric patients.
Hardest part is dealing with patients having difficult time recovering from effects of anaesthesia and low tolerance of some patients to pain .
What is most rewarding is being able to send pateints home satisfied and thankful with the care they experience in the unit.
Very productive , hands on learning
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2017
This job was a absolute blessing fasure . working here I socialized with doctors , patients , kids and your everyday customers. The rules were strict which was the least of my worries but they showed alot of favortism when it came down to scheduling works hours . I felt as though I made more money working at a fast food restaurant in comparison to a actual hospital . I just thanked God for my blessing remained humbled and appeared everyday on time , completed my hours and headed home thankful for another work day . providing for my family was my biggest goal and I accomplished that so I was happy regardless
Pros
Free health insurance for family and i
Cons
Short breaks, strict sick days, favortism
Busy office
Release of Information Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2016
I did my externship at this facility. The staff has been there for a long time. They only take appointments for physicals.
hour deliverance company
Operator/ surveillance technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2015
CA Hospital medical center is a diverse environment that aids you to grow not only as a professional but at as person as well.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
unorganized
Excellent place to work.
Certified Sub-Acute Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
Is a fast pace environment in which i learned how to multi-task and developed my abilities as a Certified Nurse Assistant. I enjoyed working alongside with a great group of compassionate Nurses who taught me excellent work ethics and great customer service. Great staff to work with.
Pros
Great colleagues, always working as a team.
I have friend all over the hospital
Business Service Associate/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2015
Fun workplace, no issues with the management. Everyday is a learning experience, co-workers are fun to be with. The employees are like one big family.
Pros
Once in a while free food
Cons
cancellation and flexing
great learning experience
Surgical Tech Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2015
im confident in that i learned almost every type of surgery specialization and know that i can continue where i left off knowing what i learned at this facility and their great staff who taught me everything i know.
great work experience
Volunteer/Office Clerk "Para Su Salud" Program (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2014
⦁ Answer company calls.
⦁ Call clients over the telephone and identify their medical status.
⦁ Help employees organize and conduct various health fairs.
⦁ Organize files and the paper work that they contain.
⦁ Locate clients files and use identification codes to locate their insurance files on the computer.
⦁ Keep work station clean to both keep office looking professional and ensure safety.
Fasted paced place to work at.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2014
typical day at work would be dealing with patients all day obtaining all their demographic information. I've learned a lot about Trauma Patient paperwork and how to deal with trauma patients. I love my coworkers, we help each other out in everything we can. The hardest part of the job would be the job assigments, sometimes assignments can be every overwhelming because you can have a ton of patients to register before they leave and you are the only one responsible for those patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people.
Pros
Health Insurance and Great pay
Cons
Not enough staff to work the 2nd shift
Good place to learned and advance in the medical field
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
very busy and good hospital environment
team work and fun place to work if you like the medical field.
Supportive and Collaborative Atmosphere with Strong Values and Hard Working Employees
Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2014
A typical day included a myriad of problems to solve. It is fast paced and collaboration between disciplines is necessary to maintain a patient focused and financially responsible approach to healthcare. Management was strong and communicated their expectations and vision; Co-workers were responsive and moral. I learned to be decisive and flexible and direct. The most difficult part of the job was a patients inability to follow through with the discharge plan discussed; a patient's lack of resources; and co workers that were opposed to collaboration. The most enjoyable part of the position was the patients and their families, finding solutions to what appeared to be insurmountable problems and the fast paced nature of everyday.
Energetic and productive workplace with great staff and beautiful grounds
Executive Assistant, Call Panel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2014
A typical day in this job seems to many like several days in other fields, because everyone wears a number of proverbial hats, and sometimes more than one at once. Much of my time was spent managing the incredibly overbooked calendars of two executives, one of whom traveled each day to another city and office in addition to my location. The other significant parts of my day were filled with phone calls, many from patients and physicians; creating and verifying changes to surgical on-call panels, then collecting and processing the invoices from the physicians participating in those panels; verifying contract validity and compliance; and attending to general office duties (copying, filing, mailing, inventory, etc.).

I learned a vast and layered amount of information about the running of a hospital and its administration, as well as how such a facility contributes to and is supported by a corporate parent. I found many of my experiences incredibly rewarding, especially interacting with a diverse population, from CEO's to homeless patients.

My co-workers were, for the most part, fiercely dedicated to helping the hospital and their respective departments succeed. Because the healthcare industry is undergoing such a time of dynamic change, there was always a lively exchange of ideas on how to do more with less and fewer resources. In my immediate environment, our team was small, and we each had a specific load of duties specific to our executives, and we cross-trained in each of our arenas in order to be able to assist or cover for each other, when needed.

The hardest part
  more... of the job was maintaining productivity and the prioritization of tasks in the face of conflicting or uncommunicative leadership. It was a challenge that both challenged my ability to complete projects and heightened my communication skills. I learned the value of "overcommunicating" to ensure that I was working within the correct protocols and deadlines.  less
Pros
Great benefits, never boring workplace, excellent cafeteria, wonderful staff
Cons
Terrible commute, challenging and frequently changing leadership, lack of communication
Helping others
Emergency Room Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2014
A workplace of helping others an treating others for which you have been trained to do.
Pros
Graveyard, Swing, Mornings always available
Cons
Sometimes violent patients
Great hospital
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2014
Co-workers were very helpful and the company is a great place to work for.
Pros
Learned a lot in the office field
Cons
Job was only temporary
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2014
it was rewarding working with babies and their moms on a typical day at work.