California Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Busy office
Release of Information Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2016
I did my externship at this facility. The staff has been there for a long time. They only take appointments for physicals.
Excellent place to work.
Certified Sub-Acute Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
Is a fast pace environment in which i learned how to multi-task and developed my abilities as a Certified Nurse Assistant. I enjoyed working alongside with a great group of compassionate Nurses who taught me excellent work ethics and great customer service. Great staff to work with.
Pros
Great colleagues, always working as a team.
I have friend all over the hospital
Business Service Associate/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2015
Fun workplace, no issues with the management. Everyday is a learning experience, co-workers are fun to be with. The employees are like one big family.
Pros
Once in a while free food
Cons
cancellation and flexing
Fasted paced place to work at.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2014
typical day at work would be dealing with patients all day obtaining all their demographic information. I've learned a lot about Trauma Patient paperwork and how to deal with trauma patients. I love my coworkers, we help each other out in everything we can. The hardest part of the job would be the job assigments, sometimes assignments can be every overwhelming because you can have a ton of patients to register before they leave and you are the only one responsible for those patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people.
Pros
health insurance and great pay
Cons
not enough staff to work the 2nd shift
great work experience
Volunteer/Office Clerk "Para Su Salud" Program (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2014
⦁ Answer company calls.
⦁ Call clients over the telephone and identify their medical status.
⦁ Help employees organize and conduct various health fairs.
⦁ Organize files and the paper work that they contain.
⦁ Locate clients files and use identification codes to locate their insurance files on the computer.
⦁ Keep work station clean to both keep office looking professional and ensure safety.
good company overall, poor department management
security officer (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesFebruary 24, 2013
the company was great to work for, the pay and benefits were top of the line. Check visitors, patients and vendors into the hospital via the main lobby or ER entrance, patrol the grounds, lock/unlock doors, set/reset alarms, respond to fire alarms, physical take downs when needed or unauthorized visitors
Pros
top pay, medical, dental, vision benefits and 30 days paid vacation (depends on years worked)
Cons
management lies, pit staff against each other
CHMC Has been a wonderful place to work. I truly feel ritcher for having worked here.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaApril 30, 2013
Most enjoyable part of the job is the reseptevness I have recieved from the staff since day one.

It is true learning environment. We constantly raise the bar with new trends mixed with classic techniques... working with my boss has been a treasure. We colaborate together and work very hard to maintain great levels of professionalism yet enjoy the day to day and succeed as individuals to further boost the finacial succes we are and have had even though there is a high possibliity that we will not be retained in the take over.
Pros
self operated
Cons
contract services take over predicted
Supportive and Collaborative Atmosphere with Strong Values and Hard Working Employees
Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2014
A typical day included a myriad of problems to solve. It is fast paced and collaboration between disciplines is necessary to maintain a patient focused and financially responsible approach to healthcare. Management was strong and communicated their expectations and vision; Co-workers were responsive and moral. I learned to be decisive and flexible and direct. The most difficult part of the job was a patients inability to follow through with the discharge plan discussed; a patient's lack of resources; and co workers that were opposed to collaboration. The most enjoyable part of the position was the patients and their families, finding solutions to what appeared to be insurmountable problems and the fast paced nature of everyday.
great learning experience
Surgical Tech Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2015
im confident in that i learned almost every type of surgery specialization and know that i can continue where i left off knowing what i learned at this facility and their great staff who taught me everything i know.
Nice work place
Waiting Room Volunteer Liaison/Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2013
A typical day at work is very always new.
I have learned that I like to care for people.
The management at California Hospital are very kind.
My co-workers are the best.
The hardest part of the job is seeing people hurt.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can make a difference in some one life.
Pros
free meals
Helping others
Emergency Room Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2014
A workplace of helping others an treating others for which you have been trained to do.
Pros
graveyard, swing, mornings always available
Cons
sometimes violent patients
Exciting place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2012
Great place to work if you like a fast pace and interesting patients. Its helpful if you speak Spanish or are willing to learn.
Really good pay rate and strong union support.
Good place to learned and advance in the medical field
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
very busy and good hospital environment
team work and fun place to work if you like the medical field.
good company to work for
Access Care Rep/ED Admitting (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2013
great people to work with and a good company to work for. the short time i was there i lobed working there .. it was a very fast pace
Great hospital
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2014
Co-workers were very helpful and the company is a great place to work for.
Pros
learned a lot in the office field
Cons
job was only temporary
Continued learning opportunities offered
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2013
Trauma training
Organ donor process
Post Cardiac Cath care
Amazing
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2012
If you really love and are passionate about patient care...this is the health care system for you.
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2014
it was rewarding working with babies and their moms on a typical day at work.
Energetic and productive workplace with great staff and beautiful grounds
Executive Assistant, Call Panel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2014
A typical day in this job seems to many like several days in other fields, because everyone wears a number of proverbial hats, and sometimes more than one at once. Much of my time was spent managing the incredibly overbooked calendars of two executives, one of whom traveled each day to another city and office in addition to my location. The other significant parts of my day were filled with phone calls, many from patients and physicians; creating and verifying changes to surgical on-call panels, then collecting and processing the invoices from the physicians participating in those panels; verifying contract validity and compliance; and attending to general office duties (copying, filing, mailing, inventory, etc.).

I learned a vast and layered amount of information about the running of a hospital and its administration, as well as how such a facility contributes to and is supported by a corporate parent. I found many of my experiences incredibly rewarding, especially interacting with a diverse population, from CEO's to homeless patients.

My co-workers were, for the most part, fiercely dedicated to helping the hospital and their respective departments succeed. Because the healthcare industry is undergoing such a time of dynamic change, there was always a lively exchange of ideas on how to do more with less and fewer resources. In my immediate environment, our team was small, and we each had a specific load of duties specific to our executives, and we cross-trained in each of our arenas in order to be able to assist or cover for each other, when needed.

The hardest part of the
  more... job was maintaining productivity and the prioritization of tasks in the face of conflicting or uncommunicative leadership. It was a challenge that both challenged my ability to complete projects and heightened my communication skills. I learned the value of "overcommunicating" to ensure that I was working within the correct protocols and deadlines.  less
Pros
great benefits, never boring workplace, excellent cafeteria, wonderful staff
Cons
terrible commute, challenging and frequently changing leadership, lack of communication