Position: Development Associate
Supervisor: Director of Development
This is a Full time, Non Exempt level position
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development and is part of the Advancement Team at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS). The Development Associate’s primary task is to serve as the Development Module Administrator of the Jenzabar development software system so as to maximize fundraising efforts at CIIS and communicate effectively with departments across campus. Other responsibilities include working with the Development team to increase gifts to the Annual Fund; conducting prospect research and management; working with the Finance Office on gifts and pledges reconciliation; coordinating mass mailings; scheduling donor visits; assisting with event planning and implementation; and writing copy for the Development webpages and newsletter. The Advancement Team at CIIS is dynamic and growing, and is charged with raising the profile and financial support for CIIS’ academic and public programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serves as the Development Module Administrator of the Jenzabar development software system so as to maintain data integrity and fully use the database’s capabilities to maximize the effectiveness of fundraising. Attends trainings and conferences to stay current with software upgrades.
- Serves as the Development Jenzabar point person for all communications with the Finance, Business, Information Technology, Alumni, and Financial Aid Offices. Plays an important role in campus conversations regarding enhancing the functionality of Jenzabar gift reporting and makes recommendations for improvements in cross-departmental information flow.
- Trains users to effectively use Jenzabar, and creates easily retrievable documentation to assist users in the performance of tasks after training. Creates a user-friend moves management tracking and reporting system through Jenzabar.
- Provides project direction for all development software acquisition and implementation, including the possible transition to a new development database.
- Works with the Finance Office to reconcile gift reporting on a regular basis as well as prepare for the annual external campus audit.
- Works with the Information Technology Office to explore ways to enhance the functionality of the development database, including ways to improve prospect management.
- Processes all gifts and pledges in compliance with IRS and CIIS gift reporting requirements. Tracks pledges and issues pledge reminders when needed. Drafts and updates all official acknowledgments.
- Instrumental point person in the tracking of all scholarships on campus from the initial gift to the reporting back to the donor.
- Prepares weekly gift reports and other special gift reports as requested by the Director of Development, President, Advancement Team, or others. Designs custom InfoMaker reports for all complex reporting and project needs. Carries major responsibility for the annual Honor Roll of Donors.
- Completes fundraising information for external reports such as the VSE report which tracks fundraising progress at colleges and universities across the nation.
- Coordinates all mass mailings for the Development Department including direct mail solicitations and mailing of CIIS Today.
- Works with the Development Team in producing e-solicitations and participating actively in other activities designed to boost giving from alumni and other donors.
- Manages all aspects of the Public Programs & Performances membership programs.
Project Research and Tracking
- Conducts prospect research using on-line technology and other vehicles; creates profiles for use by the President, Director of Development, and other members of the Development/Advancement teams.
- Develops and maintains a system to track major gift prospect activity.
- Maintains all donor records.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Development and manages the administrative operation of the Development Office.
- Prepares check requests and tracks expenses in the Development budget.
- Schedules donor visits for the Director of Development, President, and others.
- Assists with event planning and implementation.
- Writes copy for the Development webpages, CIIS Today, and invitations.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent computer skills, to include technical competence with Microsoft Office applications; experience with formulas and pivot charts in Excel; experience with PowerPoint.
- Experience with a database report-writing tool, such as InfoMaker, preferred.
- Experience with relational databases; Jenzabar, Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, or other Development database strongly preferred.
- Enjoys working with numbers; strong technical and analytical skills.
- Strong research skills; experience with prospect research preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable sharing technical information with colleagues and prioritizing requests.
- Excellent organizational skills including scheduling and managing office procedures.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to both work independently and as part of a team.
Your application WILL NOT be considered without an appropriate cover letter.
Please upload your resume and cover letter as one document when prompted.
Clink to Apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=662731
This position requires the ability to;
Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Note to Candidate:
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of some positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for hire. You may also be asked to provide evidence of educational degree(s), present a valid and clean driver’s license and any other licenses that may be pertinent to the position.
SALARY: $40K - 45K, Commensurate with Experience
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff.