Position: Program Manager
Department: Integral Counseling Program
Supervisor: Program Chair
This is a Full Time Exempt level position
The Program Manager will assist the Chair in providing outstanding program management and comprehensive administrative and technological support for the ICP program; helps students with general academic questions; and with developing and clarifying their academic goals and plans. This includes course selection and planning, registration, and understanding academic policies and procedures. The Program Manager may supervise work study students and oversee as needed, the ICP weekend Program Coordinator. May perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as main program contact for alumni, continuing and incoming student inquiries by email, phone, and in person.
- Able to proactively anticipate and plan for seasonal activities within the program, including the creation of the class schedule each semester, the updating of the teaching assignments each academic year (data input to the Academic Year Grid), and the annual updating of the ICP Student Handbook.
- Able to effectively manage the department in the absence of the Program Chair.
- Assists students in conjunction with student services regarding program information, deadlines, responsibilities, and CIIS processes and procedures.
- Works with the Program Chair to help plan and track the department’s budget based on priorities
- Prepares all program expenses for Program Chair review.
- Assists faculty with administration of hiring teaching assistants and research assistants for the program.
- Oversees and manages the event planning and coordination of yearly retreats for both core and adjunct faculty members.
- Plans and coordinates along with the ICP Program Chair and the ICPW Program Coordinator Open House presentations and program informational sessions.
- Assists alumni in California and other states and countries with obtaining licensure. This may mean working with out-of-state and international licensing agencies to obtain and sign agency paperwork, collect and forward course syllabi and/or course descriptions.
- Creates and maintains systems to improve administrative efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serves as liaison between adjunct and core faculty members and CIIS Administrative offices.
- Assists faculty members, ensuring they have all the materials they need from the Registrar’s Office for the creation and administration of their courses.
- Will hire, manage, train and delegate work to student workers as needed.
- Trains any new ICP staff members, and is available to answer questions as necessary.
- Network with current core and adjunct faculty members, supervisors and other therapists, create and publish job advertisements, collect, file and review resumes, and present to the ICP Program Chair qualified candidates for consideration for teaching positions for various classes.
- Schedule and participate in interviews for these candidates with the ICP Program Chair and a core faculty member.
- Thinks outside the box and beyond this job description when necessary to assist the Program Chair in various capacities.
Recruitment, Admission, and Retention
- Acts as liaison between the Program and other CIIS departments; works closely with Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, and Dean of Students’ Offices regarding enrollment and retention, and resolving problems as they arise.
- Meets regularly with Admissions Counselor to be kept abreast of enrollment activities and work out admissions concerns of prospective applicants
- Coordinates faculty review of applicants and other faculty participation in recruitment and admissions.
- Provides support and options for students who might otherwise leave the program. (Information about Leave, incomplete grade options, rethinking schedules, etc.)
- Participates in online space to provide students with updates on academic and administrative policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from a four- year college or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a public or private college or university
- Familiarity with MFT licensure, BBS requirements as well as the practicum process
- Minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible and varied administrative, supervisory and/or management experience
- Ability to interact with faculty, students, staff and public with diplomacy
- Demonstrated proficiency with database management such as Jenzebar, as well as having proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends, as needed
- Demonstrated ability in using the Internet and software for creating web pages
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to meet and manage multiple project deadlines
Click on the link to apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4383421
Please upload your resume and cover as one document when prompted.
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff.
Indeed - 16 months ago