California Lutheran University Employee Reviews in United States

This position has flexible hours that worked well while I was a student at CLU
Student Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 15, 2016
As a student lab technician at California Lutheran University (CLU), I was able to gain experience with hazardous waste disposal, inventory, and basic laboratory maintenance including lab setup, breakdown and clean-up. This job was also very flexible with my student schedule while I attended CLU.
Pros
flexible hours and you gain experience in a lab setting
Cons
No benefits or pay raises
Best Private University I could have attended.
LEAD MAIL CLERK /INTERIM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed campus life, work life and the amazing teachers. I always felt at home when I arrived at school or work on campus. If I could do it all of again, my student loan debt is worth it!
Awesome University,Outstanding faculty and administration
Student and Research Design & Statistics Intern (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 7, 2016
The very best school I have had the pleasure to attend. I highly recommend California Lutheran University to anyone who enjoys a more personal and close knit environment. From the faculty to administration to your fellow classmates you are surrounded by some of the most compassionate, intellectual, respectful and interesting people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting.
The best day will be my graduation day however it will be a very sad day for me because I will be leaving this university for a different college and I will truly miss everyone at this insitituion
Pros
closenit environment, faculty very interested in your success, great classroom size great school
Cons
My time is completed and saying goodbye
Helped me find my purpose
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 24, 2016
CLU is a great University to attend/ work at. I learned so much in my classes and was able to take what I had learned and applied it in my work study.
Great school, good workplace
Biology Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 19, 2016
CLU is a wonderful school, small and personable, but being a Department Assistant is hit or miss. Most of the time it is also great, with flexible hours and helpful professors... However professors will occasionally put a heavy load on DAs that exceeds the hours allowable, and thus the DAs are not paid compensation. Most are helpful, supportive, understanding and fun.
Pros
Fun work environment, strong peer connections
Cons
Overworking without compensation
Awesome work environment for personal growth
Academic Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 15, 2016
A typical day would include outreach to current students regarding registration, business office holds and upcoming events within the Professional's Program.
Good
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 7, 2016
The environment is very good. Employer is very friendly and flexible. It helped me with my further research and I learned a lot.
A Unforgettable Memory
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 22, 2015
I miss working here, I miss the people and conversations I used to have. I was always busy, and the day flew like nothing. If something was unknown to me, it was explained. it helped me branch out to be a self starter and gave me the confidence to work in a team.
Pros
Cons
Leaving
Great school
Student Union Building Info Desk (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 21, 2015
Great environment and great people. Really enjoyed the smaller enrollment at the school because it gave you the opportunity to get to know other employees and students on a personal level.
Not a open-minded progressive insitution
Director level function (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 5, 2015
Lack of strong leadership and institutional strategy. Very dysfunctional organizationally on many levels. Lack of accountability and responsibility. Small-town mentality.
Well Done Writing Center
Graduate Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 19, 2015
It sent me on a path to Higher Education. I can not tell you more how much I enjoyed working with students and helping them to achieve their writing goals.
Excellent Learning Environment
Adjunct Falculty (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 16, 2015
Very much enjoy teaching here! Students and department support are great! Schedule is flexible and suits my professional goals.
Great place to work with talents
Educational and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 15, 2015
All professors have different focused area. Working with them gives me more understanding about the way to start and conduct a research. Very friendly people.
Wonderful Place to Teach!
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 23, 2015
The faculty supervisors and the faculty are kind, polite, and helpful. The environment is positive and conducive to learning. Beautiful campus.
Great campus
Web Developer, Graphic Designer, Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Thousand OaksJune 19, 2015
It is such a great and friendly campus. The coworkers/students are very kind and helpful. I've learned so much about Graphic Design, Web Design, and 3D Animation.
Works well with student schedules
Pearson Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 12, 2015
This was a convenient and fun location to be at because I was a student at the university. The school works well with student schedules and maintains the student as the first priority.
Flexible hours and positive work environment
BASEBALL FIELD MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 7, 2015
While I held several positions at CLU, the one constant was flexible work hours that allowed me to work around my class and baseball schedule. Management provided constructive criticism and positive role models. I enjoyed the daily problem-solving challenges during my time as a field maintenance worker, and I found the process of coming up with creative solutions to improve the school grounds a rewarding experience.
Pros
Friendly workers and supervisors
Cons
Limited working hours
Excellent and Professional Work Environment
Grant Research Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Professional Work Environment
Management, Communication and Research skills
Excellent Mentors
Positive work environment lead to learning about the workplace
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  CADecember 1, 2014
Co-workers were great. Supervisors were awesome I learned a lot about working as a team and individually.
Small and caring school
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 12, 2014
With small class sizes, the faculty have access to work one on one with students.

4.6