California Lutheran University Employee Reviews

For students who have no other choice
Event Staff crew leader (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 20, 2017
This job was a very time consuming as well as repetitive. Setting up events during the day and taking them down at night. Job is only for students going to california lutheran university. The management was difficult to work with but the employees were mostly friendly. Only a job for the desperate student in need of cash.
Pros
Set your work hours
Cons
You don't always get scheduled to work
n=a
Women's Water Polo Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 2, 2017
did not want to actually post this review!!!!
this was an unpaid position and needed little effort, just posted to a specific teams social media account to try and boost attendance.
Great School
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 9, 2017
I really like receiving my education here. Because I am a student worker, I am able to be very flexible with my work schedule so that I am able to balance my classes and other on campus activities.
Great place to be
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 2, 2017
I studied Biology and Chemistry here during my undergraduate studies. I also participated on the track and field team. After I graduated I decided to stay at the university as a coach. CLU is a great place to go to school and to work at.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
Productive workplace and high speed
Good Management
Open culture
Strong creativity and content creation
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Productive and safe environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 24, 2017
Built relationships with fellow students and local residents. Learned some of the behind the scenes functions of the school and the process for setting up for large school events.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Fun work place but also serious.
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 20, 2017
Working at California Lutheran University is very fun. They are very flexible with your schedule. Be prepared to be serious and meet their goals and expectations when needed. As a student caller, the hardest part was securing a donation because a lot of people don't want to give their money away so you have to be really good at giving them a reason to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you receive when you do get a donation and the praise you get from your supervisors.
Pros
Food
Cons
Can be stressful
Good place to work.
Graduate Assistant - Computer Science (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 21, 2017
As a graduate assistant I had a good professional experience as it was very organized and my manager gave me a clear idea of what she was expecting and at what time. So overall it was a good learning experience.
Excellent place to work to gain experence.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Excellent place to work; management and staff were very friendly and work schedule was flexible to work around your classes. They also gave you time off to prepare for midterms and finals.
Pros
Friendly and flexible work environment.
Cons
Temporary position.
Loved my experience at California Lutheran University
Antibiotic Volunteer Lab Researcher (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Excellent environment to work in. Really cared about their students. They taught me time management , the ability to work in a team as well as being able to work independently.
Productive and efficient place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  California Lutheran UniversityJanuary 17, 2017
I really enjoyed being a student worker. I was able to pick the events, dates, and times that I wanted to work. I could work only a couple hours during the week if I had classes, homework, or practice which was very convenient. Everyone I worked with was very friendly. I also got to observe sporting events as part of my job which was very entertaining. It was great working there. The hardest part of the job was finding hours where I could work that worked with my schedule.
Pros
Helped pay for my schooling, was able to observe sporting events while working
Cons
Short hours
Great school to attend and grow at
Proofreader/Student (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 2, 2017
I was a Fall 2014 transfer student here. Through my time at Cal Lutheran, I grew immensely as a person, and became knowledgeable about many different aspects both of academia, and of life in general. This was an experience I could never give up, and it is one I'd happily do again.
Great Place to work at
Lead Electrician (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 9, 2016
Good community to be a part of. Work day begins on time and ends on time. Other's through the University are cordial and fun to work with. Students are very respectful of staff in the Facilities Maintenance Department.
Loved working at Cal Lutheran
Professor (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 13, 2016
The culture of Cal Lutheran is exactly what I look for in other institutions, but I am currently looking for a full time teaching poistion
Friendly Environment
TRiO Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 22, 2016
Great office with wonderful counselors. I had the honor of working with SSS and enjoyed my time there. Every day was busy and interesting. SSS students would come in often and just spend time there with friends, doing homework, or just checking in.
Pros
Great coworkers, interesting, friendly
Cons
Cramped office space
This position has flexible hours that worked well while I was a student at CLU
Student Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 15, 2016
As a student lab technician at California Lutheran University (CLU), I was able to gain experience with hazardous waste disposal, inventory, and basic laboratory maintenance including lab setup, breakdown and clean-up. This job was also very flexible with my student schedule while I attended CLU.
Pros
flexible hours and you gain experience in a lab setting
Cons
No benefits or pay raises
Best Private University I could have attended.
LEAD MAIL CLERK /INTERIM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed campus life, work life and the amazing teachers. I always felt at home when I arrived at school or work on campus. If I could do it all of again, my student loan debt is worth it!
Awesome University,Outstanding faculty and administration
Student and Research Design & Statistics Intern (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 7, 2016
The very best school I have had the pleasure to attend. I highly recommend California Lutheran University to anyone who enjoys a more personal and close knit environment. From the faculty to administration to your fellow classmates you are surrounded by some of the most compassionate, intellectual, respectful and interesting people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting.
The best day will be my graduation day however it will be a very sad day for me because I will be leaving this university for a different college and I will truly miss everyone at this insitituion
Pros
closenit environment, faculty very interested in your success, great classroom size great school
Cons
My time is completed and saying goodbye
Helped me find my purpose
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 24, 2016
CLU is a great University to attend/ work at. I learned so much in my classes and was able to take what I had learned and applied it in my work study.
Great school, good workplace
Biology Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 19, 2016
CLU is a wonderful school, small and personable, but being a Department Assistant is hit or miss. Most of the time it is also great, with flexible hours and helpful professors... However professors will occasionally put a heavy load on DAs that exceeds the hours allowable, and thus the DAs are not paid compensation. Most are helpful, supportive, understanding and fun.
Pros
Fun work environment, strong peer connections
Cons
Overworking without compensation