California Lutheran University Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place to Teach!
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 23, 2015
The faculty supervisors and the faculty are kind, polite, and helpful. The environment is positive and conducive to learning. Beautiful campus.
Great campus
Web Developer, Graphic Designer, Video Editor (Former Employee), Thousand OaksJune 19, 2015
It is such a great and friendly campus. The coworkers/students are very kind and helpful. I've learned so much about Graphic Design, Web Design, and 3D Animation.
Works well with student schedules
Pearson Library Student Assistant (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 12, 2015
This was a convenient and fun location to be at because I was a student at the university. The school works well with student schedules and maintains the student as the first priority.
Flexible hours and positive work environment
BASEBALL FIELD MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Friendly workers and supervisors
Cons: Limited working hours
While I held several positions at CLU, the one constant was flexible work hours that allowed me to work around my class and baseball schedule. Management provided constructive criticism and positive role models. I enjoyed the daily problem-solving challenges during my time as a field maintenance worker, and I found the process of coming up with creative solutions to improve the school grounds a rewarding experience.
Excellent and Professional Work Environment
Grant Research Project Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Professional Work Environment
Management, Communication and Research skills
Excellent Mentors
Positive work environment lead to learning about the workplace
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee), CADecember 1, 2014
Co-workers were great. Supervisors were awesome I learned a lot about working as a team and individually.
Small and caring school
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CANovember 12, 2014
With small class sizes, the faculty have access to work one on one with students.
Productive place learn new stuffs.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), California, CAOctober 1, 2014
This was just a research project about the new device Google Glass and its uses in healthcare field.
Great Opportunity
Teacher - Adult & University Sign Language Classes (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great having motivated students
Taught Sign Language to Adults at California Lutheran University
Adjunct Instructor for MBA program
Adjunct Instructor for MBA program (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 31, 2014
Instructing Masters in Business Administration students in Business Law, Corporate Law and Commercial Transactions in and adjunct faculty position. I learned how to deal differently with graduate students as compared with undergraduates. The dean of the program was highly supportive of my Socratic methodology of instruction. I did not have any other co-workers I dealt with in this position. The hardest part of the job was instructing 2-4 nights per week while operating a law practice. This schedule was necessary because the program was far behind in delivering the material which I taught, requiring the doubling up of class scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was observing the students develop stronger critical thinking and analyzing skills.
Student Job
Help Desk Student Worker (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 16, 2014
Answer help desk phone calls. Calls could vary from 4 a shift to 50 or more. I learned how to converse in a business environment. 8 hour computer usage. Troubleshooting via telephone. Learned technology and systems in order to better facilitate troubleshooting.
Good working environment.
Assistant at School of Management (p/t) (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 30, 2014
Quiet and nice campus. Good working environment. I have chosen the MBA program in CLU, because it provided an opportunity to choose professional IT track, so I could logically continue the course of my bachelor studies and experience.
Departmental Assistan
Computer Science Departmental Assistant (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 1, 2014
As a Computer Science Departmental Assistant, a day on the job is showing up for your tutoring hours in the computer lab and help students that come in for help. You are also expected to inspect the computer lab to ensure all of its components are present. After inspecting, you email your report to the head departmental assistant and the head of the Computer Science department. While in the lab, you can work on homework if no one shows up. You pick when you come in for your hours,and are expected to show up promptly. The hardest part of the job is if you can't solve a problem for a student and have to turn he or she away. It is a disheartening feeling, but you also can learn new programming techniques. The most enjoyable part is being able to help solve problems and being able to work on homework in the meantime.
A learning environment
MFT Trainee (Current Employee), Agoura Hills, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Educational environment, good experience and preactice.
Great Place to Work
Assistant (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Very supportive environment to work in. Looking forward to more opportunities here.
It's a small place so most people know each other which depending on the person could be good or bad. Pay is great and they provide great benefits for employees.
Learning experience and welcoming environment
Student Assistant | Study Abroad Center (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CANovember 29, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours, able to go to school full time.
Cons: can be a little slow.
Everyday I help at least one student with their process of going abroad or just talk to prospective study abroad students, by sharing my experience with them. I learned how much work goes into coordinating study abroad, i am now familiar with many different programs and universities all over the world. The work environment is both laid back but organized; it is stress-free to work there. My co-workers are all hard workers and determined in what they do, and they are all students like me, so we are all around the same age. We relate to each by balancing work and school as studying abroad. The hardest part depends on the students preparing to go abroad, if they are unorganized or late with their paperwork, that puts their work on us and then we have to find a fast way to get it done so they are still on track with everything. The part I most enjoy is talking to the students that come into the office that want to go abroad and being able to share my experience with them and helping through the whole process. It is also really satisfying when a student has a successful study abroad trip.
Difficult Learning Experience
Staff Psychologist (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: several of my co-workers
My employment at Cal Lutheran was challenging on many different levels. My colleagues in other university departments were wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed my position on the Professional Development Committee. I learned a great deal about office politics and communication with management through my position at Student Counseling Services.
Summer days teaching boys and girls the right way to play baseball.
Coach (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: teaching the game of baseball
Cons: being in the heat 8 hours a day.
A typical day at work involved getting to the baseball field between 7-8 to make sure the field was prepped and ready to play as the kids began to file in. Once all the LuDawg's (campers) were there, we began our stretching and baseball routines. As fellow baseball players of California Lutheran University we coached kids from the ages of 4-15 the rules and techniques of the game. This included throwing, hitting, fielding, pitching, catching, base running, etc.

The hardest part of the job depended on the amount of kids the camp had that week and the number of coaches/players that were able to work the camps. Some weeks there were 75 kids and only 6 coaches. This made it hard to keep the younger kids in control and focused for a whole day (8-4). The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching kids that look up to you the game that you love to play. I have a real passion for baseball and teaching the game comes easy to me.
It was great working at California Lutheran University
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 5, 2013
I wanted to talk about the day when my supervisor told me to finish certain work in certain hours and as it was research work, It was real challenge for me but somehow I managed it and finished my work on time. My supervisor was very happy with my work. My co-workers at workplace were co-operative. Apart from research work, I learned a lot of things such as administrative work, time-management etc.
Amazing university
Student Life Information Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Cal Lu is a small intimate school, where I got to know my professors and was encouraged and motivated to learn more and perform my best. I can feel how I have changed since attending Cal Lu, I feel more more mature, more educated and ready to take on the world. It is an amazing place to learn and grow and I will always be proud to be an alumni.