CALIFORNIA MARITIME ACADEMY Employee Reviews

Head Tutor
Lead Tutor at the Center of Engagement (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 21, 2017
California Maritime Academy is a great place to get an education. As an employer, it provided me with ample opportunity to be creative so that I could excel at helping other students.
Horrible place for Minorities
student (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 15, 2016
If you wanted be treated like a child and abused by an over zealous conduct system that is completely biased then have at it.
If you want to be treated like a second class citizen and have the legacy's of former alumni run rampant and be the only students allowed to graduate and have fair opportunity go here.

If you like politics and republican conservative values implemented in your college experience go here.
If you enjoy having instructors run rampant and treat you like dirt as you pay thousands of dollars for education go here..
Pros
sad place, depressing
Great place to work, alot of turnover in management
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 11, 2016
A typical day is normally pretty lacked and calm. Its a small community so its got a large family feel to it. There isn't a to of drama and people typically pretty productive. It being a maritime school most people were extremely professional yet still relatable. Management was tough to get used to. They had a lot of turnover so you had a lot of different views and standards that you were expected to keep up with that changed from manager to manager. I think that the hardest part of working here for me was being both a student and employee. With that said I saw both sides of the spectrum and overall have a positive outlook on it. Most enjoyable part was the small community and being able to see the change you were able to have on coworkers and students alike.
Pros
Great veiws and people
Cons
Management had a lot of turnover
My time there was short, it did not meet my needs
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 17, 2014
My time with Maritime was short. There were many things about the position that did not meet my needs and I quickly discovered that it would not be a long term solution. Although I could stand behind the mission of the Academy, the actual implementation did not work for me.
Pros
mission
Cons
long commute
good start college
Athletic Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 7, 2013
Its a great school to start off with and great on the price of classes as well.
Opportunities for growth limited due to nature of the University
Human Resources Confidential Office Support (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 14, 2013
The California Maritime Academy is a beautiful place to work and there are of a lot of interesting people on staff and faculty. The student body is terrific and the values and mission of the college are exemplary. Because it is a relatively small and specialized university in the California State University system, the opportunity to work on various committees and projects assisting in developing programs was always available. I enjoyed working at the Academy very much and was able to learn about the maritime industry, as well as how California's educational system works. I was also able to serve and support some very dynamic individuals in my capacity first as an Executive Assistant to several Vice Presidents, and then in my role in the Human Resources Department. I would recommend California Maritime Academy as an employer. A typical day at work encompassed many different areas of responsibility and the ability to be involved in many roles. The atmosphere was always cheerful and co-workers were always supportive. I honestly can't say there was anything I would categorize as "the hardest part of the job". Most enjoyable was the diversity and breadth of knowledge and experience that could be shared by the faculty and the staff in addition to the incredible waterfront location.
Pros
Small and highly motivated student body, location and benefits.
Cons
Limited ability to change jobs/positions within the company in order to grow or advance.
It was great
External Affairs Officer (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 25, 2013
A fantastic experience, that I learned a great deal from. The travel was great, the coworkers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was the monthly traveling which was also rewarding as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CALIFORNIA MARITIME ACADEMY. Our community is ready to answer.

CALIFORNIA MARITIME ACADEMY Reviews by Location