CALIFORNIA MARITIME ACADEMY Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
My time there was short, it did not meet my needs
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 17, 2014
My time with Maritime was short. There were many things about the position that did not meet my needs and I quickly discovered that it would not be a long term solution. Although I could stand behind the mission of the Academy, the actual implementation did not work for me.
Pros
mission
Cons
long commute
Opportunities for growth limited due to nature of the University
Human Resources Confidential Office Support (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 14, 2013
The California Maritime Academy is a beautiful place to work and there are of a lot of interesting people on staff and faculty. The student body is terrific and the values and mission of the college are exemplary. Because it is a relatively small and specialized university in the California State University system, the opportunity to work on various committees and projects assisting in developing programs was always available. I enjoyed working at the Academy very much and was able to learn about the maritime industry, as well as how California's educational system works. I was also able to serve and support some very dynamic individuals in my capacity first as an Executive Assistant to several Vice Presidents, and then in my role in the Human Resources Department. I would recommend California Maritime Academy as an employer. A typical day at work encompassed many different areas of responsibility and the ability to be involved in many roles. The atmosphere was always cheerful and co-workers were always supportive. I honestly can't say there was anything I would categorize as "the hardest part of the job". Most enjoyable was the diversity and breadth of knowledge and experience that could be shared by the faculty and the staff in addition to the incredible waterfront location.
Pros
small and highly motivated student body, location and benefits.
Cons
limited ability to change jobs/positions within the company in order to grow or advance.
It was great
External Affairs Officer (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 25, 2013
A fantastic experience, that I learned a great deal from. The travel was great, the coworkers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was the monthly traveling which was also rewarding as well.

Want to know more about CALIFORNIA MARITIME ACADEMY?

Ask a question