CALIFORNIA MENTOR Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
mentor (Former Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaAugust 25, 2017
Enjoy being a mentor at this company wish I was able to have more clients however I enjoyed working with all the clients that was available great opportunities in a lot to learn about Mental Health. Awesome training sessions very helpful.
Pros
Making clients happy and ready to live life independently
Cons
Not enough clients available
Stressful and unfulfiling
Program Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 1, 2017
This job requires your 100% attention both day and night. You dont get much private time and management is shaky. Management does not listen to their employees and would rather you keep to yourself.
Pros
Wonderful clients.
Cons
Long work hours, hostile environment, stressful.
Thanks
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 6, 2017
Great company. Love the flow of the days here at claifornia mentor. The experience here at this compalny has help me grow as a person and a professional.
Working with mentally disabled adults
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 16, 2017
It's a good place to work taking out the client's​ to dance,work,sing,to the Dr doing range of motion cooking passing meds helping them to complete their goals in life as much as they could
Pros
No lunch break
Cons
No breaks
Rewarding work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Working with the physically and mentally challenged is hard work but is very rewarding for the compassionate human being. I love the clients and the hardworking dedicated staff
Pros
pot lucks, paid sick time, health benifits
Cons
Angry consumers
work was always good and happy. great job
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2016
good place to grow as a caregiver but not a place to advance.
client were very lovable and nice. house are always clean and coworkers a great. day program involves transpiration sometimes and you can use your own vehicle
Always eventful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 6, 2016
A day in the life of a DSP is never the same. There are the routine things but there is always something new to learn. The clients are great. You learn so much about yourself from them.
Self-rewarding job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAMarch 10, 2016
Expect the unexpected at work. I've learned how to adapt to different type of clients and their behaviors. My co-workers are great and we continue to encourage each other because the job can be real tough to take in. The hardest part of the job would be the behaviors of some clients and having to mentally take it in. The best part of the job is knowing that the four hours each client spends at program will be the most stimulation the will ever receive each day.
Pros
closed on weekends
Cons
30 min lunches
Bottom-Line Driven
Program Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 16, 2015
This company has a good mission, but everything is at the personal expense of the employee.
The executive directors have good intentions and they are innovative thinkers, but they offer the employees very little in return for such high performance expectations. The also allow mediocre Program Directors to continue running a site even when the site has a bad track record under that particular supervisor.
Pros
Run personal errands in between home visits when time allows.
Cons
Use your own car to drive 700 miles/month, Use your own cell phone for business, Work for a low salary, Area directors are not visiting regularly to check on the behavior of the directors, They only offer 5 holiday days off per year.
Direct Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 30, 2015
Coordinated with Supervisor, Clients and their Care Providers for various outings. Transported, picked up and dropped off Clients at their homes. I provided a detailed account of travel including miles, locations, and hours with clients. Documented the clients behavior and interaction on outings
Pros
Great training
Cons
Low pay
Loving and caring family type environment
LVN (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 5, 2015
This is one of the best companies I've ever had the pleasure to work for. I would not be looking to go somewhere else except for some unfortunate policy changes that basically eliminated my full time position. Only working one day a week for the people that we care for is not enough for me. I miss them like my own family. They are truly amazing, as is the whole staff. Also, management cares about our individuals we serve and really advocates for them. Best of all, we are a team. We are a family.
Working while being someones mentor is rewarding.
Derict Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 4, 2015
Having to work with adults with disabilities was amazing. Knowing you were the reason someone smiled because of you and your help felt great. Take care of my clients was heartwarming.
Going through big changes.
Program Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 7, 2015
Overall a good company that will eventually provide decent services. Turnaround is horrible and management does not seem to care a whole lot about training employees.
Pros
Benefits, Get to help people
Cons
Everything else.
time consuming
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 14, 2015
I live what I do. my clients that I work with are very appreciative for the services that they receive from us. my co workers are very supportive and helpful.
Various locations and servicelines throughout California
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 25, 2014
-Very dynamic work environment. Something new everyday.
-Learn multiple services lines
-Executive leadership very visible and approachable
-Co-Workers really friendly and caring
-Hardest part of the job/Too much to soon (In certain positions)
-People are engaging
Pros
Multiple service lines advancements
Cons
Long Work Days
Great working from home schedule allows flexibility
Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2014
This is a great agency, staff are very supportive and offer various resources to the mentor as well as the clients. It has been a great learning experience.
Great Training and tools
Early Intervention Specalist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 11, 2014
This company has good training for their employees. They also provide great tools to get the job done.
It's an OK place to work.
Program Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2013
There is a ton of travel, about 50%-60% of your work week. On-call rotation every 4-6 weeks. The clients are great, but the management needs some work.
Work at home
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 24, 2012
It was a different experience. I got to handle the most stressful incidents when a consumer becomes very challenging. It taught me how to have long patience and care more for other people.
Pros
work at home
Cons
the salary was low.