California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen Employer Reviews

Productive and fast paced work environment.
Team Leader, Server, Bartender (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Quickly promoted
Cons: health care
Consistently delivered exceptional customer service by quickly and efficiently working along side my coworkers to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant. Supported areas of the restaurant as necessary, such as setup, cleanup, prep work, and equipment maintenance.Correctly calculated charges, issued bills, and collected payments.
I was educated in the art of fine dinning.
The management was adequate.
My coworkers were efficient and pleasant.
The job was relatively easy.
I enjoyed learning how to make Sangria.
Great place to work if you love the restaurant industry
Pizza Chef (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: discount on employee meals, annual employee appreciation party, flexible scheduling, able to move up quickly
Cons: can get very hectic, high employee turnover
I worked at a California Pizza Kitchen for two years and I had an overall excellent learning experience. It is a great company that allows you to move up. If you're a hard worker and a fast learner you can move up in the company fairly quickly. The company really cares for its employees and offer great benefits for full time employees. They offer pretty good incentives for part timers as well. As far as management goes, it depends on who you get stuck with as a manager really. I've had really bad ones and really great ones. The co-workers were awesome. In my two years there, I only had a problem with one co worker and they got fired shortly after the incident so it wasn't a real big deal for me.
Wanted to go home.
Restaurant manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: vegetarian dishes available.
Cons: unprofessional behavior.
Fun place to work, but management was not. Not communicative in their wishes. Very unprofessional. I've worked with much better people.
Fun and stressful workplace
Waitress (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYMarch 11, 2015
Most of the day was on the registers. I learned how to deal with many different kind of customers in a civil manner. The management was a bit disorganized at times, however, also fun to work with at other times. The co-workers I had at the time were all focused and had goals in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was keeping a professional attitude while dealing with nasty customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to compete in contest during the month. Also being able to move positions every few months was enjoyable.
great place to work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 8, 2015
dynamic company, fun to work for, great product and guest following across the world. One of the great things about being part of CPK is the culture and atmosphere of the work environment.
great resturaunt and good people
Waiter (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 4, 2015
i was a waitress so my typical day was taking orders and serving guest. the atmosphere is laid back and every one there was like one big family.
It was a revolving door
Dishwasher/Utility (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free dinner when you had the time to enjoy it
Cons: there were no breaks
It was a high rate type of job. The hours went quickly because of the rate of speed to get out the products.
I learned how a fast paced job was done. I had a rough time making friends. Co-workers were busy doing their own jobs. I enjoyed the time when we finally finished and got to go home.
Exciting and productive work place.
Hostess (Former Employee), Glendale, WIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day has a Hostess consisted of Greeting and seating customers as they walk in the establishment. I learned how to remain patient dealing with oncoming customer service. The management and co-workers were outstanding and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was maintaining take out order while assisting incoming guest. The enjoyable part of the job was meeting different kinds of people from all over the world.
Productive, flexibale and fun
Server (Current Employee), Novi MichiganFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexibility and relaxed enviernment
Cons: short breaks on doubles.
The environment is very fun and upbeat. Very diverse workplace as well. Management cares about the company and their employees and makes working there as enjoyable as possible.
Server and Shift Lead (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CaFebruary 16, 2015
CPK is an excellent company to work for. They have an amazing training program. They are very current with the times and keep their menu up to date.
overll not bad
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Fun place to work very flexible with scheduling plus its mall hours. Typical work hours are about five hours.
Recently has been lots of changes in the company which makes it difficult to keep balance.
Productive, but still fun.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, kind managers
The management at this restaurant is amazing. The training team that started us new employees taught us a lot in a way that I'm sure I will remember. Everyone is friendly and helps each other out quite often. It does get difficult to multitask on a bit of a time constraint but I'm learning new ways to give my best effort every single day.
Great place to earn serving and sales experience
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 6, 2015
I have enjoyed working at California Pizza Kitchen for the past 3 years and find the company structure and employees very fitting of such a great company.
N/A
Dish/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day there was me just coming in working, and leaving. I really learned a lot about prepping food. The management was terrible. Most of my co-worker were very bitter. there really wasn't to much hard things that I had to do. The most enjoyable part was, when I got off work.
I loved working at CPK!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Working for California Pizza Kitchen was a great experience.
Great place to work with great people, with anything there are certainly changes that can be made to make significant improvements.
Busser/Food Runner (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work is providing the best possible customer service I can to the guests. Maintain a clean dining experience for the guests to enjoy. Running food to make sure guests are having the best possible product. I have learned that the customer is always right in the restaurant industry. The hardest part of the job is working with some of management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with great staff to represent the California Pizza Kitchen brand the best we can.
My work place
Prep Chef (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2015
I love it. was a great place to work. everyone treated you with respect and was very clean and nice place to eat and work
Fast paced and demanding workplace with great food
server (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: delicious food and great people to work with
Cons: no lunch breaks
I learned quite a few things about the restaurant/food services industry from working here. This was my first job in the restaurant business. I've waited tables and have had orders go right and orders go wrong. I usually was posted by the take-out area, I took faxed and called in orders, made sure the cooks had those ready and correct for guest pick-up. Most of the times the orders were small ones, like a salad or pasta with dessert. Sometimes we received huge catering orders from local businesses and for special events. In those tough times, the managers were very helpful and assisted me. And, of course, working with fun individuals made work worth coming in.
Server
Server (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Corporate run restaurant. Management is not the best at times, but fairly consistent money to be made serving.
A very fun and friendly place to work with anyone at Calif. Pizza Kitchen..
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free limited dinning card
Cons: to much meeting, and three departments merge together.
A great place to work with and I learned a lot from my jobs.
The hardest part was on every Tuesday, when fed ex delivery over 200 packages for me sort it out and delivered to all departments before lunch time. Some time need help to this.
The most enjoyable job was working with all departments and Friday always an easy day of the week.

1 2 3 4 5

About California Pizza Kitchen

This company's cookeries are putting a West Coast twist on an old favorite. California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) operates a chain of about – Read more

California Pizza Kitchen Photos