California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen Employer Reviews

A fast paced enviroment with potential to make good money
Intermediary between guest and employee relations (Current Employee), Houston TxDecember 21, 2014
Pros: half off food, easy money
Cons: sometimes its slow
Fun place to work with guest from all over the world to get to know. Co-workers that help you whenever they can. Hardest part about the job is the sidework which isn't hard all and the easiest part about the job is talking to all the cool people from all over.
If you plan on having a life..
Employee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: too many
Maybe I would have liked it better if this were my first restaurant job, but I'm not so sure about that. I don't know if all the locations operate the way mine did, but it was like they were always running on a skeleton crew. Keep as few people on the clock as possible to keep our labor down even if that means working them to death. Of course everyone – more... wants the opportunity to make money, but it just seemed like they expected people to be superheroes and that's just unreasonable. On a regular basis the bartender was expected to be the bartender, expo, takeout and a table server all the same time. the managers are nowhere to be found at times and really overreact to some basic things. It was an unnecessarily stressful environment in my opinion. – less
The typical restaurant job
Lead Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2014
Pros: no sense of responsibility
Cons: no sense of job security
If you've ever watched the movie Waiting, it paints the picture of a day in the life of a CPKer perfectly.
Productive and fun place to work
Server (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2014
This job is the perfect job for me , because the job is fast paced and I am doing something that I enjoy. So it does not seem like a job to me.
High School job
Trainer/Server/Dining room shift leader (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 7, 2014
Really fun working environment. Interaction with the public on a daily basis and memorization of regulars orders. Cleaning, brewing coffee, making breakfast items and handling money.
Very unstable
In charge of hiring all FOH staff (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDOctober 31, 2014
Once company bought out many changes occurred and company changed negatively
Innovated with customer experiences
Server Trainer/Barback (Former Employee), Monterey CaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: innovative
Always looking to achieve the absolute best customer relations and building clients
fun work environment!
Hostess (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: music, co-workers, 50% off meals.
Depending what shift you get for example, " Opening" I would have to make the floor maps of the day. Which regards which server is covering what area on the floor for their shift. Help the busser put roll ups on the tables or wine glasses if help is needed. Check menu boxes on the side of the kiosk to see if they need to be returned to host stand. Since – more... I worked in Honolulu, Hawaii it's known as the tourist island. CPK had English, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese menu's. I had to organize all menu's.

If I had "Lunch" or "Closing" shift, depending if I was staging, doing the seating, or greeting guests, I was always interacting with the guests, making sure they felt welcomed and they felt important. I learned that the customers are always right! Always smile and have a small conversation with them so the customers can get that fun, positive vibe about CPK. We made sure that the customers are satisfied and happy with our customer service and the food.

My co-workers were amazing! Many different personalities and different backgrounds. They came from all over the states. Some went to Hawaii to go to school, some for the adventure, others to start a new beginning in their life's.

Nothing was really hard about this job, it's just very face paced. Most of the time things had to be done back to back none stop. This CPK is located in the Waikiki strip also known as Honolulu's Downtown, so that's how you know it was busy. Having tourists from different countries and states coming in to take a little break from walking around and have a meal to full them up so they had no excuse but to leave and continue exploring the scenery of Waikiki.

I enjoyed meeting the customers! I can say I met people from New Zealand, Australia, London, Japan, Canada, and much more! I was just so fascinated with their accents. It's defiantly something I don't get to hear everyday. – less
Excellent PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Host, Busser (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch/dinner
Cons: rude mall employees.
GREAT COMPANY AND GREAT WORK Environment..................................................................................................................................................................................
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAOctober 9, 2014
While I was working at CPK Santa Monica I was going with a smile on my face. I could not wait to get up and go to work every morning.
Great Company with exceptional values and employee appreciation
Bartender and Trainer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great food and an excellent training program
Cons: corporates decisions didn't always reflect our community
All that I know about the service industry I owe to my training at CPK. The company has provided such a solid training program that it really allowed me to develop as a server. The management was always around to support and guide the staff to become better and stronger employees. They encouraged us to take risks and improve our strengths so we can – more... move up in the company. My coworkers were like family and we all worked as one too. Working around such great people made going to work much more enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers who weren't happy. I quickly learned you can't please everyone and usually those that are unhappy don't realize the steps it takes to get them what they want. – less
fun work enviroment
Host and Server (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 1, 2014
I was the hostess, my responsibilities where to greet and seat customers and to help the servers with their tables when they where busy.
Good place to work as 2nd job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Studio City, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: the co workers
Cons: no breaks, limited benefits
work was a fun place depending on who managed. When it was busy the day could fly by, but on slow days you had to find something to do, management likes to see you busy. I love the people who work there, sometimes it felt like high school all over again with people briging their drama to work.
the best part of the day was working with people you like – more... and the regulars who made the day a bit better – less
server
server (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CASeptember 12, 2014
good food, good drinks great atmosphere with the co-workers.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Fun.
SERVER (Former Employee), BETHESDA, MARYLANDSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off meal.
Cons: no breaks.
People are always needing you to be very attentive to them.
No break and food is great.
Excellent Place to work and grow!!
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great place to work with amazing standards. one of the best places i've worked.
One word: Excellent!! It was amazing working at CPK where you are allowed to be yourself. You learned while you earned. Great management team,awesome co-workers...we all were family!
Fast paced, high energy, great location.
Restaurant Manager FOH (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIAugust 19, 2014
Pros: owners, environment and the ability to grow
Cons: often long hours without breaks
Very fast paced, great atmosphere. Worked with young people and watched them excel. Great to have worked in a up an coming concept now sweeping the mainland and Japan.
Great restaurant to work for!
Server (Former Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 14, 2014
I enjoyed working for CPK. When I became a team member for CPK I was going through a rough time in my life and this place helped me find me again and how to work hard to get where I need to be. Being a single mother was not easy but CPK made it possible for me to still work.
Company going downhill fast
Server (Former Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: decent tips
Cons: s___ show
Do not work here or eat here. Every day you expect things to go wrong. Problems are not fixed, ever.
R.O.C.K. Star
DSL / Trainer / counter server (Former Employee), Chesterfield/Creve CoeurAugust 12, 2014
Pros: set rules and guidelines that were easy to follow and implement
Cons: gained weight with all the good food
Respect, Opportunity, Communication, Kindness!

I taught groups of trainees over a week period the steps of service, descriptive language to sell food and the correct way to charge guest when subbing out ingredients on pizza. There was a small amount of wine sampling to show how different food bring out different tastes in wine.
As a DSL (designated – more... service leader) my job consisted of maintaining the flow of the dining room and the satisfaction of guests.
When not preforming the job of DSL I was in the bar-counter/take out position.
Once a week I conducted liquor inventory and once a month I went over different safety topics with the FOH staff after surveying the restaurant for any defects and implementing the proper maintenance. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About California Pizza Kitchen

This company's cookeries are putting a West Coast twist on an old favorite. California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) operates a chain of about – Read more

California Pizza Kitchen Photos