California Pizza Kitchen Employee Reviews

Exciting fast paced work environment, low amount of work hours
Host (Current Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIJune 26, 2017
Great location to work at, good management, awesome co workers! The performance based schedule is stressful. Very high expectations from management, errors will result in less hours. Inconsistent schedule, fun place to work.
management
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2017
Everything was decent in the beginning but we lost a great manager who cared about the staff and made sure EVERYONE made money, after she left the place went down, terrible management and no respect for the employees
Pros
nothing
Cons
management and money
Alternative dinning expierence
Host/Dine (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2017
All around alright place to work, although the wages for the amount of physical labor could be higher. Everything else about the establishment was average.
Pros
Half off on lunches after work days
Cons
Poor management
Fun work place with great people but pay is a little low
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 25, 2017
In the mall so they close early, people are great and always room to move up in the company, some nights are good pay but often for a couple weeks straight business will be slow
Pros
Half off food and great people
Cons
Poor pay
Fun, small restaurant to make some nice cash
Host (paid) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2017
A family oriented restaurant family with a small but kind community. Has a small area that is easy to keep track of and keep up with even in busy days. Would prefer more benefits for emplyoees though.
Pros
Lunches half price
Fun work environment and solid management
Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 25, 2017
While under the cpk ft lauderdale management I was able to advance myself as a bartender and as a part of their weight staff. The environment is fast passed and engaging, while still offering a calm work environment.
Pros
Discounted food, flexible schedule.
Fun Enviorment
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 23, 2017
Typical Serving job, guest are usually very nice and become regulars. we get a lot of sales and make good money just not a steady job and that is what I am looking for, fast cash but must be a fast paced person and be able to multitask ridiculously.
Great Place to Work!!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 23, 2017
Absolutely great restaurant to work at! Flexible schedule and great benefits for full-time employees! They are always looking to promote from within and I love that they are always giving back to their communities.
Pros
Half off Meals, Adventure yearly PayCheck!
Good part time job with good management.
Hostess and Take-Out Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2017
CPK encourages and fosters a team based attitude within the restaurant business. The hours are reasonable and schedules can be changed easily. Management at my location is wonderful, fair, and very friendly and caring.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, work culture
Cons
Long hours standing
It pays the bills
Management/Server (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 21, 2017
You can make good money at CPK but unless your a manger it's not a career job. It's good to have while going to school or need money the side. People come and go just like any restaurant job. They worked around my school schedule which allowed me to better my education and pursue what I want to do in life.
Great place with many different jobs to work inside the restaurant
Host/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MI 48334June 20, 2017
It is a great experience to interact with many different customers. I had an amazing time talking to customers, seating them, and building relationships.
serving
Server (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 20, 2017
Teamwork and giving 100 percent at all time. Great managing team and great employees equals success. I also make sure everytime i can to make sure we are in a clean and safe environment.
Great pay, good coworkers, room to advance
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 19, 2017
This was my first job and I could not have asked for a better first job. A lot of the servers working there had been there for years. As a hostess I got paid minimum wage plus tips for take out orders. People were always willing to pick up or switch shifts. The servers there treated me like a little sister. It was a very popular place so I learned how to keep up in a fast paced work environment.
Pros
Discounts, flexible work hours, great pay, lovely coworkers
Cons
Can get extremely slow sometimes
I enjoyed meeting many people from my community while working at this restaurant.
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 18, 2017
During my time employed at CPK, I met many people and enjoyed my time there. I began as a busser and along the way was trained to host as well. Through my almost two years of working there, I learned how to do every task, from cleaning the floors to working in the bar, and serving guests. Typically they had me close because I was very fast and thorough, and everyone enjoys getting of work at a decent time.
Pros
Nice staff, friendly managers, and comfortable hours.
Cons
Slow business, only busy on the weekends.
California Pizza Kitchen
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 18, 2017
A great learning experience and stepping stone in the start to my restaurant management career. Great food from a scratch kitchen, great food and service standards.
General Manager
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 16, 2017
In charge of all operations in the restaurant. We were short staffed for managers due to saving money. The executive team trying to squeeze all the money they can.
I loved this job!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2017
Laid back management, good work environment, and great coworkers!I made a steady flow of money monthly and work hours were always balanced and fair. Would definitely love to go back!
Fast paced restaurant work with a good community.
Host (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 11, 2017
Store level management cared about their workers, and would appeal to the higher ups on your behalf. The hours were often long, and the shift times were awkward, but schedules were very flexible. The biggest downside was working as a take-out server where corporate refused to pay more than ~$6 an hour because you get tips, but no one tips because you are aren't actually being a server. Employee discount is great.
Pros
50% off food on the clock, flexible hours
Cons
Awkward shift times, work every weekend
great place who cares about employees
Server, Counter Server, Certified FOH Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
great family atmosphere, busy during lunch time. food is delicious and has a good kid menu. management is great to work under. flexible schedules good money
Productive and nice work place
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJune 10, 2017
I learned how to solve problems with costumers nicely.
Very enjoyable place
Nice employees & managers
Busy place epecially Friday,Satturday & Sunday
Always fresh food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Pizza Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval