California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work tons of fun
Host, Server, Bartender, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 21, 2016
easy advancement, great people, in general a great place to learn customer service skills. i dont really have much else to say about it
Pros
lots
Cons
sometimse leaving with 20$ for a 4 hour shift
Money Maker - Fun People - Easy Living
Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 25, 2016
Served people food and beverages. Upsold items through recommendations and experience. Meet new customers who shared stories of the past and present, and felt at home.

Close by, great food and people.
Had a lot of leaderships and took part in multiple tasks
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHApril 27, 2016
I had to seat customers to their tables and answered phone calls. I got a long with my co-workers everyday. I helped make reservations for customers.
Pros
A lot of interaction with the customers
Fast pace environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 8, 2016
It was great to meet new people everyday and see revisiting members as well. I learned the ways of the restaurant at this job. The managers were mostly understanding. The hardest part of this job was seating big parties during rush hour or when we were on a waiting list, most enjoyable was seating revisiting guests.
Pros
Tips, first free lunch
Cons
long commute
fun, but most were lazy
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 14, 2015
working fast paced environment, most of the managers did well, others simply did not know what they were doing, most of my co-workers were on their phone most of the time, only a select few really tried to clean after themselves, which made work difficult, but there were times where we could relax for a few minutes before we had to close down even though that only occurred when we actually worked together.
it is just the new CPK nothing special
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2016
nothing to discuss concerning the company it is okay to work for them do not expect yearly raises like in the past do development review to know were you are
Fast-paced, fun environment that focuses on excellence
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 16, 2016
California Pizza Kitchen is an excellent company to work for. No matter what changes happen in this company the best and brightest end up in leadership which creates a wonderful, team-based environment to work in.
Happy place to work.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 3, 2016
The management really cares about your passions, and lifestyle. Hours are flexible. Use of hotchedules makes it convenient for employees.
Pros
tips plus wages
Cons
Corporate regulations.
fun energetic work place
Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 14, 2016
My job is to make sure that everyone that comes into California Pizza Kitchen has an enjoyable experience. I have learned how to deal with all different ages and races.
Fun place to work
Take Out Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAMarch 11, 2016
The people and customers were always a joy to be around. The manager were friendly and everyday was a new situation. The customers always knew everybody and treated everyone, for the most part, with respect.
Food, Fun, Fast Paced
WAITRESS/HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 19, 2015
A typical day working with California Pizza Kitchen consisted of serving tables and tending to customers dining needs. Although the environment was fast-paced, it was never overwhelming and you felt supported by a great team. The most enjoyable part of this job was definitely meeting new people. I gained a great deal of personal self confidence from my experience with CPK.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, fun environment
Cons
limited work/life balance, demanding work schedule
This place proved that I can be pretty hard-shelled with stress
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 18, 2015
I learned directly how to greet people, remember to mention what kind of options are available, and micro-manage my own fellow cohosts whenever a rush occurs. I enjoy talking to most of my coworkers and joke around, but the hardest part is dealing with complaints from own coworkers about things I am or was not even responsible for, but patience becomes self-taught and it's something I've learned to dust off easy.
Pros
Fun coworkers, 50% of meals
Cons
Always busy, few shifts
They do not abide by labor law guidlines.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 28, 2016
They give employees improper job status and do not pay proper overtime. They were sued and lost for unpaid wages. They use GMOS in their food product. Their dough is frozen and not fresh.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
They do not give proper breaks.
Fun workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 29, 2016
I have learned how to communicate with the costumers. MY co-workers were nice and helpful at any time. The hardest part of the job was serving a lot of costumers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
no Free lunch
Best place I have ever worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 28, 2016
CPK was one of the best places I have ever worked. It hold true to what they tell you in your hiring process. Life style was great and a great place to work.
Pros
Eerything
Cons
Fun place to work and lot to learn.
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 14, 2015
Its all about the numbers. Management is good. A day starts with line checks and checking numbers from the day before. Checking the foundational items (Dough, Lettuce and Pastas). Planning the whole day and checking on line whats going on in the company and sharing it with the staff. Talking to guests and making sure they leave happy. Making sure all the food items going out of the kitchen are perfect. Talking to vendors and placing orders. Making sure the labor is low and keeping an eye on it. Phasing the staff as needed and keeping the labor.
Pros
Managers get free meals but sometimes don't get time to eat.
Productive workplace with a family orientated feel
Busser (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 19, 2016
I love it. The people the food the overall atmosphere of the place it's just amazing. What more can I say? Except trust me try the butter cake lol.
Marketing & Financial Analyst
Business Planning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2015
I reviewed marketing promotions to determine whether they were successful or not. I also reviewed various financial data scenarios to determine company financial strategy.

I enjoyed the people I worked with and the different duties that were presented to me to accomplish. I enjoy working on project based work and strategizing to come up with the best information for the department.

The hardest part of project based work is making sure you ask the right questions to streamline the work process. With my auditing background, I learned to ask many questions and research before jumping to any conclusions.
Pros
Worked with Top Management and learned their strategic thinking skills
Cons
No health benefits as this was a consultant job.
was a very nice place and management was very kind
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2016
CPK is a very nice place and the management is very kind and understanding. A great perk is the discounted food rates while on shift.
productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMarch 23, 2016
very good work place, with room for growth. Friendly coworkers great management. very flexible hours and willing to work with students.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Pizza Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

California Pizza Kitchen Reviews by Location