California Pizza Kitchen Employee Reviews

great place to work
Server (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJune 10, 2015
CPK is a company that focus on giving an excellent customer service and serving excellent food. I really learned a lot from my manager and coworkers.
nice and fun place to work
Busser (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 10, 2015
california pizza kitchen its like my second home and i really miss my co workers. very friendly atmosphere. great experience
Great co-workers, fun atmosphere.
Host (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJune 8, 2015
Cons: Shifts aren't that long.
A typical day of work would consist of showing up eager to work with your coworkers. When you clock in you were thrown right into the normal routine; fast, fun, and always exciting. I learned that a host is a hard position to have because you need to be a people person to the customers but also the servers. The hardest part of the job is answering the phones during rush hour at night. It would be best if takeout would do this for you, but instead you have to answer phones back to back while seating and taking reservations. The most enjoyable part is being apart of the restaurant team and having such great coworkers, also the pay.
family oriented enviroment
server (Current Employee), town square las vegasJune 8, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: a whole deal of pressure
Working at California Pizza Kitchen has help me gain more experience in excellent customer service, we are all about team work in order to provide our guest every single time with a grate experience. Ive also gained grate friends!
fun work place
Take out/Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Encino, CAJune 7, 2015
amazing place to work. very friendly management. the customers are great and you will get to know a lot of good people that are always willing to help you grow
great company
host (Current Employee), las vegas nvJune 2, 2015
i love everybody in this place all the people are very nice friendly all the costumers are very polite and they like the service and the food is very good all the manager really care about the costumers and the workers i love all of them
Was an enjoyable expereince until I was laid off
Busser (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 29, 2015
Pros: Co Workers and Food
Cons: Being Laid off, Hectic work pace
Was an enjoyable work expereince for as long as I was there, the job proved hectic and apparently beyond my abilities, but nonetheless the job was satisfying and most of my co workers were very pleasant.
Dishwasher/Food Preparation (Former Employee), Poway, CAMay 27, 2015
Fun fast paced environment bringing people together with friendly staff members
Co workers very helpful to new employees as well as guests
Great concept
Kitchen Manager/ New Store Trainer (Former Employee), Kailua, HIMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great people
Interesting place to work for. Great concept and friendly work environment. Always changing and developing menu that will keep anyone's interest.
Easy going environment however busy.
Host (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great food and easy going
Cons: Getting used to helping servers was confusing as I was never trained in assisting them.
This is where I was a hostess. A pretty simple obligation only requiring a few tasks to be completed during the work shift. I would seat customers or direct them to the takeout counter. Often I would be required to inform customers of food specials and changes to our regular menu. I also provided customers with information pertaining to their questions and interest.
Fun and profitable place to work
Server (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 15, 2015
The work was hard, physically and mentally but the profits were well worth it. The culture was great for a college student and I would highly recommend them as a employer.
Excellent work with great pay
Server (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Tips are around 80$ per shift
Cons: Bad location for store, parking is a nightmare
Great for a summer or temporary job, makes excellent pay.
Managers are beyond amazing, and the food is pretty good as well. Clean, safe, hard work but worth it. Coworkers are supportive and it is a great team.
Fast paced and friendly environment
Waitress (Current Employee), Boulder, COApril 27, 2015
Pros: Cash tips each night, good exercise, friendly people
Cons: No medical benefits, no dependent salary
This job has taught me how to multi-task as well as given me great communication and problem solving skills. I enjoy the management team as well as my fellow employees. I have learned a great deal about teamwork here and being a valuable employee. The management team works well with each individual's schedule as well as keeping the environment fun. The hardest part about my job is being able to keep a smile on my face at all times even when under stress on a busy night. I work hard to ensure I am giving each table the best service that I can even when I may have a lot to take on. The most enjoyable part of my job is that the environment is fast-paced due to an influx of customers but I can always count on my co-workers and managers for help. I know that they will always be there for me and I for them. I really enjoy the cohesion between all employees here and I look forward to going to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 24, 2015
Pros: Discounted Food
Cons: No Benefits
The management lead by example. They are always willing to help. The work place is fun and we are free to be ourselves. My favorite part about my job is just being there. When I am having a bad day I know I can count on my coworkers and management to brighten up my day.
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Team Leader, Server, Bartender (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Quickly promoted
Cons: health care
Consistently delivered exceptional customer service by quickly and efficiently working along side my coworkers to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant. Supported areas of the restaurant as necessary, such as setup, cleanup, prep work, and equipment maintenance.Correctly calculated charges, issued bills, and collected payments.
I was educated in the art of fine dinning.
The management was adequate.
My coworkers were efficient and pleasant.
The job was relatively easy.
I enjoyed learning how to make Sangria.
Great place to work if you love the restaurant industry
Pizza Chef (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: discount on employee meals, annual employee appreciation party, flexible scheduling, able to move up quickly
Cons: can get very hectic, high employee turnover
I worked at a California Pizza Kitchen for two years and I had an overall excellent learning experience. It is a great company that allows you to move up. If you're a hard worker and a fast learner you can move up in the company fairly quickly. The company really cares for its employees and offer great benefits for full time employees. They offer pretty good incentives for part timers as well. As far as management goes, it depends on who you get stuck with as a manager really. I've had really bad ones and really great ones. The co-workers were awesome. In my two years there, I only had a problem with one co worker and they got fired shortly after the incident so it wasn't a real big deal for me.
Wanted to go home.
Restaurant manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: vegetarian dishes available.
Cons: unprofessional behavior.
Fun place to work, but management was not. Not communicative in their wishes. Very unprofessional. I've worked with much better people.
Fun and stressful workplace
Waitress (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYMarch 11, 2015
Most of the day was on the registers. I learned how to deal with many different kind of customers in a civil manner. The management was a bit disorganized at times, however, also fun to work with at other times. The co-workers I had at the time were all focused and had goals in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was keeping a professional attitude while dealing with nasty customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to compete in contest during the month. Also being able to move positions every few months was enjoyable.
great place to work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 8, 2015
dynamic company, fun to work for, great product and guest following across the world. One of the great things about being part of CPK is the culture and atmosphere of the work environment.
great resturaunt and good people
Waiter (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 4, 2015
i was a waitress so my typical day was taking orders and serving guest. the atmosphere is laid back and every one there was like one big family.