California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen Employee Reviews

N/A
Dish/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day there was me just coming in working, and leaving. I really learned a lot about prepping food. The management was terrible. Most of my co-worker were very bitter. there really wasn't to much hard things that I had to do. The most enjoyable part was, when I got off work.
I loved working at CPK!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Working for California Pizza Kitchen was a great experience.
Great place to work with great people, with anything there are certainly changes that can be made to make significant improvements.
Busser/Food Runner (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work is providing the best possible customer service I can to the guests. Maintain a clean dining experience for the guests to enjoy. Running food to make sure guests are having the best possible product. I have learned that the customer is always right in the restaurant industry. The hardest part of the job is working with some of management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with great staff to represent the California Pizza Kitchen brand the best we can.
My work place
Prep Chef (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2015
I love it. was a great place to work. everyone treated you with respect and was very clean and nice place to eat and work
Fast paced and demanding workplace with great food
server (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: delicious food and great people to work with
Cons: no lunch breaks
I learned quite a few things about the restaurant/food services industry from working here. This was my first job in the restaurant business. I've waited tables and have had orders go right and orders go wrong. I usually was posted by the take-out area, I took faxed and called in orders, made sure the cooks had those ready and correct for guest pick-up. Most of the times the orders were small ones, like a salad or pasta with dessert. Sometimes we received huge catering orders from local businesses and for special events. In those tough times, the managers were very helpful and assisted me. And, of course, working with fun individuals made work worth coming in.
Server
Server (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Corporate run restaurant. Management is not the best at times, but fairly consistent money to be made serving.
A very fun and friendly place to work with anyone at Calif. Pizza Kitchen..
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free limited dinning card
Cons: to much meeting, and three departments merge together.
A great place to work with and I learned a lot from my jobs.
The hardest part was on every Tuesday, when fed ex delivery over 200 packages for me sort it out and delivered to all departments before lunch time. Some time need help to this.
The most enjoyable job was working with all departments and Friday always an easy day of the week.
great place to work
Server (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: 50% meal discount, teamwork driven, friendly enviroment
Cons: lack of tips, slow nights
Take tables and seat guests, management was always very involved and helped staff when needed. Co workers were also very good at team work. hardest part of job was financial planning due to working for tips. most enjoyable part of the job were the staff.
fun workplace for young adult
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), san diego caJanuary 7, 2015
cph was a fun place to work. It is geared more for a younger age group. I feel like its good if you are in school, or if this is your first job
Fast-paced social environment
SERVER (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 5, 2015
Daily duties included greeting tables, talking with customers, and taking orders. I learned how to deal with customers in the busiest CPK in the nation. The management was excellent. My co-workers were from a diverse background. I learned how to cope with various individual attitudes and differences. Any difficult tasks that were given to me I was able to handle appropriately. The best part of the job was interacting with customers on vacation from all around the world and making sure they left satisfied with their experience at CPK.
CPK Newport Beach
Host, Take-Out (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: half off employee meals, free training meals
At CPK in Newport Beach, it's hard to tell when we'll be busy. Some days we're slammed at lunch, and more hectic at dinner, sometimes it's neither, and sometimes one is more busy than the other, etc. With it being located at a well-renowned shopping center, we get lots of different types of guests as well. Lots of regulars, lots of new guests, and international ones, too! That's one of the most enjoyable parts of my job, is being able to meet different kinds of people. My management at this location is very understanding and is always willing to help, and that's what I appreciate the most. My coworkers are also a big reason why I work so hard; I want to do my job and have it done so I can help them out, as they need it. I would say the hardest part of my job, as previously mentioned, is not knowing when to expect a "normal rush". Sometimes we'll be slammed when there are 8 servers and we can handle it, but sometimes we'll have a half-filled restaurant with just 3 servers on. However, being able to help them is also another enjoyable part of my job! I've learned how to work in a different type of full service restaurant, compared to being at Spin!
Laid back place to work with great people
Waitress (Current Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 30, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals while working, uses hotschedules, great coworkers and management
Cons: slows down in off season
I loved working here, but they're closing Jan 3rd. The environment is very laid back and the money is good as long as there are customers.
Fast paced work enviornement with great pay
Server and Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CADecember 28, 2014
Fun and fast pace environment. Great customers with a lot of locals dining on a regular basis. Menu prices are affordable which made it busy even throughout the summer months
Very Basic Job
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 27, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: slow days
First point is to prepare all items so as to not run out during shift.
Next is to clean up and start cooking for customers. then is a final clean up and restock area
Fun fast paced
Server (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDDecember 26, 2014
Strong management team and close teamwork. Staff is very helpful and willing to lend a helping hand to work together as a team. As a server you will make according to your services.
A fast paced enviroment with potential to make good money
Intermediary between guest and employee relations (Current Employee), Houston TxDecember 21, 2014
Pros: half off food, easy money
Cons: sometimes its slow
Fun place to work with guest from all over the world to get to know. Co-workers that help you whenever they can. Hardest part about the job is the sidework which isn't hard all and the easiest part about the job is talking to all the cool people from all over.
If you plan on having a life..
Employee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: too many
Maybe I would have liked it better if this were my first restaurant job, but I'm not so sure about that. I don't know if all the locations operate the way mine did, but it was like they were always running on a skeleton crew. Keep as few people on the clock as possible to keep our labor down even if that means working them to death. Of course everyone wants the opportunity to make money, but it just seemed like they expected people to be superheroes and that's just unreasonable. On a regular basis the bartender was expected to be the bartender, expo, takeout and a table server all the same time. the managers are nowhere to be found at times and really overreact to some basic things. It was an unnecessarily stressful environment in my opinion.
The typical restaurant job
Lead Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2014
Pros: no sense of responsibility
Cons: no sense of job security
If you've ever watched the movie Waiting, it paints the picture of a day in the life of a CPKer perfectly.
Productive and fun place to work
Server (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2014
This job is the perfect job for me , because the job is fast paced and I am doing something that I enjoy. So it does not seem like a job to me.
High School job
Trainer/Server/Dining room shift leader (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 7, 2014
Really fun working environment. Interaction with the public on a daily basis and memorization of regulars orders. Cleaning, brewing coffee, making breakfast items and handling money.

About California Pizza Kitchen

This company's cookeries are putting a West Coast twist on an old favorite. California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) operates a chain of about – Read more

California Pizza Kitchen Salaries

General Manager
$52,000 per year

California Pizza Kitchen Photos

This the best saler in Dubai UAE
Before entering the duty take picture
Serving Cancer Survivors! I lead the team that day and it was extremely successful!!