California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen Employer Reviews

Basic restaurant work
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 9, 2014
Basic restaurant work at a large company. Treated well but very similar to any other restaurant work.
If you can deal with the backstabbing the company itself is not so bad.
server (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: fun place great food.
Cons: backstabbing managers
co-workers were nice and helpful when working together. Management very rarely listened to employees concerns nor did they answer them satisfactory.
Pleasant work environment but understaffed.
Take Out/ Curbside Delivery (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2014
I worked in a busy restaurant environment; however, I was the only person employed to do the job for which I was hired, and therefore was overworked.
Great ideas lacking direction
Employee (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 30, 2014
A good company to work for. However it seems that they are lacking in identity and direction from the top.
Fast paced, fun environment
Server (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: long hours on your feet
Depending on the kind of weather were having this place is either packed or pretty slow. All of my co-workers are fun to work with and easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is dealing with certain customers.
I served patrons and trained new FOH employees
Server (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJuly 18, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the fast passed nature of the restaurant.
team work opportunity
Hostess (Current Employee), West Covina,CAJuly 18, 2014
• Provided quality customer service through greeting, informing and serving
• Determined which tables to seat guest to create a productive flow throughout the restaurant
• Maintained the floor map ,wait list, and reservations
Fun and fast paced work environment
Waitress/Take-Out (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 17, 2014
Always started the day with a staff meeting. Had weekly up charges to focus on. Very hands on managing staff. Everyone was always helping each other to make sure the job got done correctly and efficiently.
A fun vibrant positive environment.
Hostess/ Take-out Server/ Server/ Caterer/ Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 50% off lunches, working with great people, mamangement was very helpful.
Cons: no benefits or vacation pay
A typical day at work would be prepping before opening such as preparing to go bread and butter, making sure all the essential tools are stocked before opening. Taking phone orders, fax and face to face. Helping co worker for better service. Being professional and polite with guest and co workers. Answering phones, faxing menus if desired. Running food,, – more... cleaning and organizing the restaurant. Assisting delivery drivers to help assure they deliver the food at an accurate time, as well as delivering food myself. Greeting guest with a smile. – less
fast pass and fun
DSL/Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2014
Pros: fast pass, free meals
Cons: hours
Enjoyable environment, fast pass and a great experience. The co workers were fun to work with. Management at the store level was helpful and encouraging.
A friendly fast pace work place
Server (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAJune 25, 2014
customer service
take orders
insert orders in the system
run food
refill drinks
cleaning
pre-bussing

The staff there is great and helpful. Its a great team environment
waiting on tables can take a lot out of you, but the coworkers make it all worth it.
Server (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 16, 2014
I am not a huge fan of waiting on tables, but the work environment was absolutely amazing. My managers and coworkers made my shifts fly by and I am very thankful I got to meet them. Although I am happy I don't have to be a waitress anymore, I do miss the camaraderie that my coworkers brought.
Business oriented environment, but lacked room for growth
Server/Host (Former Employee), Glendale, NYJune 2, 2014
A typical day entails the preparing and serving of entrees to various people as well as ensuring that an exceptional dining experience was received.
Fun, fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Server and Trainer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 28, 2014
My role included serving, training new employees, wine and pairing education. I learned to read customers and cater to their needs and desired experience. The co-workers and management acted like one team. The most enjoyable part was serving diverse clientele in Seattle. It was a unique and valuable cultural experience.
Great atmosphere for developing managers
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 27, 2014
Developing a new culture was a blast here. Good team environment.
N/A
Food Server (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 20, 2014
A good environment to utilize customer service skills. Positive work environment with excellent team work.
Cean and Productive work place.
Kitchen Shift Leader (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 15, 2014
Good place to work busy work days lots to learn , Some good mngr and emlpoyees . Very fast pace work environment . very fun cooking for others
Hectic but productive work environment
Server (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 2, 2014
Working at CPK has been my first experience working at a corporate restaurant. As with all corporate companies there is always an idea of how the restaurant should be run and there is the way that the individuals put in charge maneuver those rules coming down from the corporate hierarchy.

On the ground level, managers will run the restaurant how they – more... see fit, and with 5 different managers, that means that every time you go into work, depending on who your working with, you will have a different experience. Not only does management play a huge role, but also the chemistry of the front of house staff also determines a lot in a work shift. This kind of inconsistent managing is one of the variables during a work shift that can either help or hurt a shift. Not to mention the mood swings and power trips that some people may also have that affects the productivity and flow of the work environment.

Every day at CPK is different than the next. – less
A great place to work our team is like a family.
Host/Server (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I learned how to navigate in a busy environment, respect my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the guests.
Very nice workplace
Server (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: great teamwork, good management.
Cons: very inestable income
it was a wonderful place to work at, sadly due to personal problems i had to leave. otherwise i would have stayed

About California Pizza Kitchen

This company's cookeries are putting a West Coast twist on an old favorite. California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) operates a chain of about – Read more

California Pizza Kitchen Photos