California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen United States Employee Reviews

Great Company with exceptional values and employee appreciation
Bartender and Trainer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great food and an excellent training program
Cons: corporates decisions didn't always reflect our community
All that I know about the service industry I owe to my training at CPK. The company has provided such a solid training program that it really allowed me to develop as a server. The management was always around to support and guide the staff to become better and stronger employees. They encouraged us to take risks and improve our strengths so we can move up in the company. My coworkers were like family and we all worked as one too. Working around such great people made going to work much more enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers who weren't happy. I quickly learned you can't please everyone and usually those that are unhappy don't realize the steps it takes to get them what they want.
fun work enviroment
Host and Server (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 1, 2014
I was the hostess, my responsibilities where to greet and seat customers and to help the servers with their tables when they where busy.
Good place to work as 2nd job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Studio City, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: the co workers
Cons: no breaks, limited benefits
work was a fun place depending on who managed. When it was busy the day could fly by, but on slow days you had to find something to do, management likes to see you busy. I love the people who work there, sometimes it felt like high school all over again with people briging their drama to work.
the best part of the day was working with people you like and the regulars who made the day a bit better
server
server (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CASeptember 12, 2014
good food, good drinks great atmosphere with the co-workers.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Fun.
SERVER (Former Employee), BETHESDA, MARYLANDSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off meal.
Cons: no breaks.
People are always needing you to be very attentive to them.
No break and food is great.
Excellent Place to work and grow!!
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great place to work with amazing standards. one of the best places i've worked.
One word: Excellent!! It was amazing working at CPK where you are allowed to be yourself. You learned while you earned. Great management team,awesome co-workers...we all were family!
Fast paced, high energy, great location.
Restaurant Manager FOH (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIAugust 19, 2014
Pros: owners, environment and the ability to grow
Cons: often long hours without breaks
Very fast paced, great atmosphere. Worked with young people and watched them excel. Great to have worked in a up an coming concept now sweeping the mainland and Japan.
Great restaurant to work for!
Server (Former Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 14, 2014
I enjoyed working for CPK. When I became a team member for CPK I was going through a rough time in my life and this place helped me find me again and how to work hard to get where I need to be. Being a single mother was not easy but CPK made it possible for me to still work.
Company going downhill fast
Server (Former Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: decent tips
Cons: s___ show
Do not work here or eat here. Every day you expect things to go wrong. Problems are not fixed, ever.
R.O.C.K. Star
DSL / Trainer / counter server (Former Employee), Chesterfield/Creve CoeurAugust 12, 2014
Pros: set rules and guidelines that were easy to follow and implement
Cons: gained weight with all the good food
Respect, Opportunity, Communication, Kindness!

I taught groups of trainees over a week period the steps of service, descriptive language to sell food and the correct way to charge guest when subbing out ingredients on pizza. There was a small amount of wine sampling to show how different food bring out different tastes in wine.
As a DSL (designated service leader) my job consisted of maintaining the flow of the dining room and the satisfaction of guests.
When not preforming the job of DSL I was in the bar-counter/take out position.
Once a week I conducted liquor inventory and once a month I went over different safety topics with the FOH staff after surveying the restaurant for any defects and implementing the proper maintenance.
Basic restaurant work
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 9, 2014
Basic restaurant work at a large company. Treated well but very similar to any other restaurant work.
If you can deal with the backstabbing the company itself is not so bad.
server (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: fun place great food.
Cons: backstabbing managers
co-workers were nice and helpful when working together. Management very rarely listened to employees concerns nor did they answer them satisfactory.
Pleasant work environment but understaffed.
Take Out/ Curbside Delivery (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2014
I worked in a busy restaurant environment; however, I was the only person employed to do the job for which I was hired, and therefore was overworked.
Great ideas lacking direction
Employee (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 30, 2014
A good company to work for. However it seems that they are lacking in identity and direction from the top.
Fast paced, fun environment
Server (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: long hours on your feet
Depending on the kind of weather were having this place is either packed or pretty slow. All of my co-workers are fun to work with and easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is dealing with certain customers.
I served patrons and trained new FOH employees
Server (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJuly 18, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the fast passed nature of the restaurant.
team work opportunity
Hostess (Current Employee), West Covina,CAJuly 18, 2014
• Provided quality customer service through greeting, informing and serving
• Determined which tables to seat guest to create a productive flow throughout the restaurant
• Maintained the floor map ,wait list, and reservations
Fun and fast paced work environment
Waitress/Take-Out (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 17, 2014
Always started the day with a staff meeting. Had weekly up charges to focus on. Very hands on managing staff. Everyone was always helping each other to make sure the job got done correctly and efficiently.
A fun vibrant positive environment.
Hostess/ Take-out Server/ Server/ Caterer/ Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 50% off lunches, working with great people, mamangement was very helpful.
Cons: no benefits or vacation pay
A typical day at work would be prepping before opening such as preparing to go bread and butter, making sure all the essential tools are stocked before opening. Taking phone orders, fax and face to face. Helping co worker for better service. Being professional and polite with guest and co workers. Answering phones, faxing menus if desired. Running food,, cleaning and organizing the restaurant. Assisting delivery drivers to help assure they deliver the food at an accurate time, as well as delivering food myself. Greeting guest with a smile.
fast pass and fun
DSL/Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2014
Pros: fast pass, free meals
Cons: hours
Enjoyable environment, fast pass and a great experience. The co workers were fun to work with. Management at the store level was helpful and encouraging.

About California Pizza Kitchen

This company's cookeries are putting a West Coast twist on an old favorite. California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) operates a chain of about – Read more

California Pizza Kitchen Salaries

General Manager
$52,000 per year

California Pizza Kitchen Photos

This the best saler in Dubai UAE
Before entering the duty take picture
Serving Cancer Survivors! I lead the team that day and it was extremely successful!!