California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Pantry Cook, Host (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 25, 2016
great company give plenty of advancement opportunity
co workers are lovely. environment is family friendly. fast pace work
Producitve and Fun Work Place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJuly 12, 2016
Lots of team work involved. Learned how to give exceptional customer service to guests. Friendly co-workers.
fun work place with great people
Manager/Trainer/Community Brand Ambassador/Server (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 4, 2015
fun work place with everyday challenges that were fun to work around! great place to meet people and be creative! employee perks that were awesome! wonderful company overall to work for.
Pros
free meals, bonus, employee perks
Cons
scheduling
Fun Place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2016
Working with everyone @ the downtown Indy Location was a Awesome Experience! Events was the Best! To bad it is closed! I miss the avocado rolls the most!
Crazy
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 10, 2016
I liked working there, it is always busy, we had so much work to do and my co-workers were really friendly. I loved the food there .
Great Company
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
Worked amazingly well with school schedule during college. The company always encouraged that there is always room to move up.
Great people with great attitudes.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 15, 2015
I made a lot of friends while working here. The staff was awesome. Management was understanding and cared about me on a more personal level than just another employee. Standing at the front of the restaurant was the worst part I got so bored.
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time at California Pizza Kitchen, it was a great to serve and bar tend. I enjoyed the management and culture. I also loved the food!
Fantastic Work Environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 23, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at the company and feel as though the communication between management and the employees is very good. Having recently gone through a renovation at my branch, I feel that the vision of the corporate office is positive and in touch with the wants and desires of the customers. We completely remodeled the inside of the restaurant and introduced a whole new menu which will be sure to keep customers from growing tired of the same options and encourage them to come back for more. Overall, I am happy with the company and proud to be a part of it.
Great atmosphere
Host/Takeout (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day/night at work as a host consisted of no more than three hosts, each assigned to a specific job. My duty was to act as the "leader", which means I was pretty much in charge of the flow of the entire restaurant. I quoted wait times, proposed a seating plan, all while greeting and accommodating guests. It got quite stressful at times, but I soon became accustomed to the fast-paced work environment. The managers were usually very helpful and understanding. At takeout, I would arrive and immediately check for any catering orders, in which I would have to package all the food items and get them ready before the restaurant opened. During a typical day at the takeout counter, I would receive quite a few orders both in person and through the fax machine. I would enter the orders into the system and complete all of them once the food was handed to the customer. The hardest part of the job was to manage taking and entering multiple orders, while also being responsible for packing the food and organizing the orders with no assistance.
Pros
Helpful and Kind Management
Cons
No pay raise, no other opportunities
Great job but they cut my pay
Host, Dish, Busboy, Stock (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 17, 2015
I worked more than 3 different positions while employed there. I have been a host, a busboy, I used to put away the shipments, and organize certain parts of the kitchen. I also would help wash dishes if it became too busy. Doing almost anything necessary to help the team. Then another company bought it and slashed the wages of those employed. I stayed on as long as I could but needed money.
Pros
I loved the people that worked there, I still go by to say hello
Cons
they cut my wages
Not what it used to be
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJSeptember 10, 2015
An amazing company to work for before the new CEO.
THE BEST company training in the business, impressive reporting and analytical instruments to help trouble shoot operational opportunities.
Culture - the best in the business

After Golden Gate capital took over- Everything began to go down hill and continues to do so. Core of employees who helped build the company are cast aways now. SAD transformation
STill wish them the best
Pros
pay, training
Cons
work life balance is more like work work balance
Hard place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 16, 2015
Good fit for someone just starting out in the F&B industry. Fast paced, high energy. Co-workers are very friendly and welcoming. The food is delicious, and easy to sell. Five to six table section. Make approximately $60-$120 a shift
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
management does not communicate with each other and does not like to help
Productive and fun work place with air hockey table
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CANovember 2, 2015
Decent work environment. Open half cubes makes for little to no privacy. Working year round with only two official holidays makes it so there is no work/life balance.
Pros
Celebrates every holiday
Cons
Work all but two holidays per year.
Fun work place
Take-out server, server and bartender (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 1, 2015
CPK creates a fun environment for their employees to work for. I like that they include back of house employees into the fun meetings front of house employees have so everyone feels together and welcomed.
Pros
Promotion. Room for advancement.
My Favorite Job
waitress (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, ILSeptember 8, 2015
I worked with CPK for 3 years and I created a family there. I loved the job so much I would've stayed had I not moved to Chicago. I did commute for 8 months, but between gas, travel time, new owners who bought it out, and my favorite GM/person in the world leaving, there was nothing left for me to make it worth it. I would go back if I didn't still live in the city, but I love Chicago more.
Pros
everything
Cons
having to leave
Run of the mill serving job
Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 26, 2015
Serving at CPK is exactly like you'd expect. It's more or less the same as all other chain restaurant gigs. The people at my location were fun and you meet a lot of great people.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Benefits hard to get
Fun, relaxed environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 18, 2015
California Pizza Kitchen will always have a special place in my heart. After working there for over 6 years I learned the values of teamwork and loving what you do. Due to recent management changes we decided to part ways but I will always love the company and the values they instill. A typical day at work was fast paced, full of laughter, and an incredible amount of teamwork. I always walked into a staff that felt like family and the people that work there honestly enjoy their jobs which always makes for a much better work day.
Pros
Cheap lunches, friendly staff
Cons
Management Change
A fun place to work, great way to learn to serve. Not the best for money.
Manager- Ruben Escobar (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 11, 2015
I'm glad that I started serving here, but I definitely needed to move up when it came down to money and company organization. At least at the store I was at, the management was like a revolving door and it was very difficult to get anything done. I often got called off work within minutes of being scheduled OR I was even in the building and they told me to go home because they forgot to call me ahead of time.
That may just have been the management at that store specifically, and it was definitely a good, fun and relaxing place to learn how to serve but it was not nearly as efficient as I needed.
Pros
Fun environment, good food, short work day
Cons
low bills= low tips, management
Greatest place to work!
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2015
This place has it all, from the best servers, best smiles and the best managers on the planet to help you with anything at anytime, no slack here and everything is amazing. the environment is like working in nirvana!
Pros
Cons
nothing

California Pizza Kitchen Reviews by Location