California Pizza Kitchen Employee Reviews

It was a revolving door
Dishwasher/Utility (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free dinner when you had the time to enjoy it
Cons: there were no breaks
It was a high rate type of job. The hours went quickly because of the rate of speed to get out the products.
I learned how a fast paced job was done. I had a rough time making friends. Co-workers were busy doing their own jobs. I enjoyed the time when we finally finished and got to go home.
Exciting and productive work place.
Hostess (Former Employee), Glendale, WIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day has a Hostess consisted of Greeting and seating customers as they walk in the establishment. I learned how to remain patient dealing with oncoming customer service. The management and co-workers were outstanding and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was maintaining take out order while assisting incoming guest. The enjoyable part of the job was meeting different kinds of people from all over the world.
Productive, flexibale and fun
Server (Current Employee), Novi MichiganFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexibility and relaxed enviernment
Cons: short breaks on doubles.
The environment is very fun and upbeat. Very diverse workplace as well. Management cares about the company and their employees and makes working there as enjoyable as possible.
Server and Shift Lead (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CaFebruary 16, 2015
CPK is an excellent company to work for. They have an amazing training program. They are very current with the times and keep their menu up to date.
overll not bad
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Fun place to work very flexible with scheduling plus its mall hours. Typical work hours are about five hours.
Recently has been lots of changes in the company which makes it difficult to keep balance.
Productive, but still fun.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, kind managers
The management at this restaurant is amazing. The training team that started us new employees taught us a lot in a way that I'm sure I will remember. Everyone is friendly and helps each other out quite often. It does get difficult to multitask on a bit of a time constraint but I'm learning new ways to give my best effort every single day.
Great place to earn serving and sales experience
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 6, 2015
I have enjoyed working at California Pizza Kitchen for the past 3 years and find the company structure and employees very fitting of such a great company.
N/A
Dish/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day there was me just coming in working, and leaving. I really learned a lot about prepping food. The management was terrible. Most of my co-worker were very bitter. there really wasn't to much hard things that I had to do. The most enjoyable part was, when I got off work.
I loved working at CPK!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Working for California Pizza Kitchen was a great experience.
Great place to work with great people, with anything there are certainly changes that can be made to make significant improvements.
Busser/Food Runner (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work is providing the best possible customer service I can to the guests. Maintain a clean dining experience for the guests to enjoy. Running food to make sure guests are having the best possible product. I have learned that the customer is always right in the restaurant industry. The hardest part of the job is working with some of management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with great staff to represent the California Pizza Kitchen brand the best we can.
My work place
Prep Chef (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2015
I love it. was a great place to work. everyone treated you with respect and was very clean and nice place to eat and work
Fast paced and demanding workplace with great food
server (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: delicious food and great people to work with
Cons: no lunch breaks
I learned quite a few things about the restaurant/food services industry from working here. This was my first job in the restaurant business. I've waited tables and have had orders go right and orders go wrong. I usually was posted by the take-out area, I took faxed and called in orders, made sure the cooks had those ready and correct for guest pick-up. Most of the times the orders were small ones, like a salad or pasta with dessert. Sometimes we received huge catering orders from local businesses and for special events. In those tough times, the managers were very helpful and assisted me. And, of course, working with fun individuals made work worth coming in.
Server
Server (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Corporate run restaurant. Management is not the best at times, but fairly consistent money to be made serving.
A very fun and friendly place to work with anyone at Calif. Pizza Kitchen..
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free limited dinning card
Cons: to much meeting, and three departments merge together.
A great place to work with and I learned a lot from my jobs.
The hardest part was on every Tuesday, when fed ex delivery over 200 packages for me sort it out and delivered to all departments before lunch time. Some time need help to this.
The most enjoyable job was working with all departments and Friday always an easy day of the week.
great place to work
Server (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: 50% meal discount, teamwork driven, friendly enviroment
Cons: lack of tips, slow nights
Take tables and seat guests, management was always very involved and helped staff when needed. Co workers were also very good at team work. hardest part of job was financial planning due to working for tips. most enjoyable part of the job were the staff.
fun workplace for young adult
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), san diego caJanuary 7, 2015
cph was a fun place to work. It is geared more for a younger age group. I feel like its good if you are in school, or if this is your first job
Fast-paced social environment
SERVER (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 5, 2015
Daily duties included greeting tables, talking with customers, and taking orders. I learned how to deal with customers in the busiest CPK in the nation. The management was excellent. My co-workers were from a diverse background. I learned how to cope with various individual attitudes and differences. Any difficult tasks that were given to me I was able to handle appropriately. The best part of the job was interacting with customers on vacation from all around the world and making sure they left satisfied with their experience at CPK.
CPK Newport Beach
Host, Take-Out (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: half off employee meals, free training meals
At CPK in Newport Beach, it's hard to tell when we'll be busy. Some days we're slammed at lunch, and more hectic at dinner, sometimes it's neither, and sometimes one is more busy than the other, etc. With it being located at a well-renowned shopping center, we get lots of different types of guests as well. Lots of regulars, lots of new guests, and international ones, too! That's one of the most enjoyable – more... parts of my job, is being able to meet different kinds of people. My management at this location is very understanding and is always willing to help, and that's what I appreciate the most. My coworkers are also a big reason why I work so hard; I want to do my job and have it done so I can help them out, as they need it. I would say the hardest part of my job, as previously mentioned, is not knowing when to expect a "normal rush". Sometimes we'll be slammed when there are 8 servers and we can handle it, but sometimes we'll have a half-filled restaurant with just 3 servers on. However, being able to help them is also another enjoyable part of my job! I've learned how to work in a different type of full service restaurant, compared to being at Spin! – less
Laid back place to work with great people
Waitress (Current Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 30, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals while working, uses hotschedules, great coworkers and management
Cons: slows down in off season
I loved working here, but they're closing Jan 3rd. The environment is very laid back and the money is good as long as there are customers.
Fast paced work enviornement with great pay
Server and Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CADecember 28, 2014
Fun and fast pace environment. Great customers with a lot of locals dining on a regular basis. Menu prices are affordable which made it busy even throughout the summer months