CALIFORNIA SCIENCE CENTER

CALIFORNIA SCIENCE CENTER Employee Reviews

Productive enjoyable workplace
Host/Hostess (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2015
I enjoy volunteering here. Mornings can be hectic that's when most busy. But its wonderful opportunity to teach others about science while you learn new things as well. I've learned about different ecosystems, animals, the human body etc.. Everyone is friendly while also staying busy at work.
Fun place to work and learn at the same time
Sales Clerk/Photographer (Current Employee), CADecember 8, 2014
Commuting there is an experience. Learning about sciences and what things are happening there. Endeavor is worth checking out as well as learning about its missions.
very good working enviroment
Reservationist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: awesome environment, great coworkers
Cons: health care, not enough hours
a typical day will be answering calls, providing guest with upcoming or current exhibits. Also giving them the prices, booking reservations while talking. High level of multitasking because on the side he have other projects that need to be completed such as audits and revise future reservations making sure the numbers and the amounts are correct. I'm also in charge of taking payments its an enjoyable joy because guest always have something nice to say about my customer service. We have secret callers which we referred to as mystery shoppers and they grade our customer service. So far I have gotten outstanding team member twice in a roll. That means that compare to my coworkers they mystery shopper choose me as the one providing outstanding service.
Great place to work entry level
Temp (Former Employee), Los Angeles, caOctober 1, 2014
Pros: museum setting and learning
Cons: late hours
I enjoyed my time at the California Science Center. It was very entry level however, there is lots of room for advancement and growth. The people are very nice and management is helpful.
Productive, Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: no cons
-Summer internship for high school students
- a great work place
- a great experiece
Review
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great experience overall
Cons: n/a
this job offered me great experience in the education field and allowed me to work with children of different nationalities.
Very productive workplace.
Discovery Room Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: some employees made it a division
A typical day of working with children. Lots of fun teaching the children and interacting with them. Very memorable.
Wonderful Learning and volunteer environment
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 21, 2013
The California Science Center is a wonderful example of an unassuming, not intimmedating place for everyone who may or may not have n interest in science. The Science center is a place where patrons of all ages, nationalities, and socio economic strat can be engrossed in all that the natural world has to offerin an interactive way. The staff and volunteers ar friendly and are happy to answer any question that patrons may have about all of the exhibits , parmenant or temporary that patrons may have.
Great Facility
Building Support Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2013
Easy Going Employees and Great Facility Which Has Everything You Need To Get The Job Done
The education department has a fun atmosphere with great co-workers, but other departments seem less enjoyable.
Educator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: learning new things, working with fun people, a fair amount of down time
Cons: repetition
Typically, I would get a schedule in the morning and shuttle around from place to place, performing in shows or explaining about the science of that station. It is a generally fun position, but leaves little room for advancement, and it gets fairly repetitive after a while.

My boss and co-workers are lovely, interesting, compassionate people.
Interesting environment
Host (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2013
Pros: great learning opportunity, fun work environment, great co workers.
Cons: short breaks, lazy management, no benefits
I really loved working here in the beginning. Some of my coworkers were lovely people and have become great acquaintances. There were some issues with management and their response to the needs of the employees. The worst part is there aren't many opportunities for advancement in the company as a whole. There aren't any raises and there are only written incentives to make working there fun. The most amazing part of my experience there was being able to see the children and adults learn wonderfully exciting things about the world around them. I loved answering their questions and being a part of the reason they would want to come back to visit the museum.
It is an interesting place to work.
Lifeguard/host (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2013
It is an interesting place to work. There are a lot of people that go to the science center everyday. Different people. different personalities.
they really value the staffs opinion
Retail operations (Current Employee), los angelesMay 20, 2013
Pros: free birthday parties
Cons: no healthcare or benefits to all part time staff
they really care and pay attention to the value of the staff they also give more hours to certain people and that's not fair if we are part time
productive work place
Guest Services (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2013
Good verbal communication skills, Good written communication skills, Good customer service experience, Good judgment and decision making, Vehicle driving and defensive driving skills, Computer's skills,great co worker.
Great Job For Customer Service
Retail Operation (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: meeting wonderful people daily
Cons: do alot for low pay rate
job is good but the pay and no benefits are the only thing i have a problem with
N/A
Retail Operations (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2012
Great place to work but wanting to advance takes time, years to be exact.
Great Place To Work
Host (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2012
Pros: fun exhibits, exciting environment, great experience
Cons: low pay rate
The California Science Center is A Great Place To work it also educates u and puts u into an educators position for guests

CALIFORNIA SCIENCE CENTER Photos

Endeavour with its top down!
Teaching Rocket Motor Science!