California Skin Institute (www.csliforniaskininstitute.com) is looking for a full time Patient Financial Services Manager. We are a high volume dermatology and cosmetic surgery practice that is rapidly expanding throughout Northern California through mergers with other outstanding dermatology practices. The ideal candidate must be highly professional, personable, and friendly who will share responsibilities in interacting with our patients and providers. We value quality patient care and impeccable service. If you seek a team oriented work environment, this is the place for you.
Position Summary: Reporting to the President and Founder of California Skin Institute and the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for the operational performance of the Patient Financial Services department including but not limited to; personnel management and distinguishing separation of duties by associate, billing, payment posting, contractual reimbursement analysis, aged insurance receivables management, customer service, self pay collections, financial reporting, vendor relations/performance, and balancing of the cash receipts journal.
- Ascertains the daily bank deposits (cash, checks, credit cards, EFTs) balance to payment activity posted in NexTech (practice management system), and cash receipts journal.
- Implements and maintains controls to confirm that amounts collected throughout practice(s) match amounts listed on bank deposit slips, and amounts shown on bank deposit receipts.
- Oversight of billing, charge capture, and reconciliation, to ensure complete charge capture and timely billing (within 72 hours from service date while adhering to, and ensuring compliance with regulatory billing requirements.
- Monitors and manages aged accounts receivable (AR) ensuing AR > 90 days is < 5% of total aged AR.
- First level of support for escalated patient complaints.
- Manage vendor relations (I.e. clearing house, collection agency), including monitoring quality of their performance, and accuracy of subsequent invoices.
- Monthly preparation and distribution of individual provider reports.
Prepares Month-end package to send to accountant, including:
practice management reports denoting production and accounts receivable aging
practice management reports for custom reporting
other source documents as directed
- Performs supervisory functions by evaluating subordinates' performance; interviewing, selecting and providing training for new staff; approving or disapproving recommendations from subordinate staff; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and determining the need for and initiating disciplinary action in order to ensure adequate and competent staffing.
- Creation, implementation, and maintenance of policies & procedures.
- Responds in a timely fashion to operational requests for information and issue resolution.
- Promotes California Skin Institute in an effort to further the organizations reputation of excellence in the patient, medical, and associated business communities.
- Active participant in organizational seminars & events.
- Assumes responsibility for professional self-development. Quality of work should reflect high professional and ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Self-starter with leadership skills to independently pursue interdepartmental process redesigns and financial outcome improvements
- Excellent data manipulation, summarization, results analysis, and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to aid in understanding the appropriate use and limits of the information provided
- Ability to develop and provide strategic direction for the organization
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
- Ability to manage, organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others
- Knowledge of accounting/financial principles and practices
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area; Excel expertise required
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel
Indeed - 6 months ago