CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, CHICO Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
competitive
College Professor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 18, 2017
I didn't expect to continue working with this university due to its competitive department. The only way you can secure a job is by making sure you're in like Flynn with department head, and office staff.
n/a
Student Sustainable Affairs Committee Member (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 29, 2017
I was a volunteer member of the sustainability student council. It was a good time to get into the leadership mix of things and would recommend it to someone who wants to do something extra at school
Fun workplace
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 3, 2017
I loved working here and enjoyed the positive environment. I always enjoyed coming into work and how I was always appreciated. The staff also does a great job of checking in with workers.
Working as a Student Assistant
Student Assistance (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 26, 2016
Learned how to do different task on duties and get it done before deadline. Learned how to work in small group and as an individual. Management were good and was very helpful. Co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part about the job is that you don't get the weekend off and it is hard to request days off. The most enjoyable part about the job is the co-workers work there, everyone is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Co-workers, easy job
Cons
Low paying job, get pay monthly
Great management!
Programmer Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Very good, helpful and friendly. Decently productive work environment. Friendly and highly helpful, knowledgeable coworkers.
low key environment
Mailroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 3, 2015
This was a cool place to work with a low key environment and little to know pressure. Was the perfect job while completing my degree.
Pros
able to get home work done
Cons
cold room
Great people
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 17, 2014
I liked working at the tutoring center at CSU, Chico. All my fellow tutors were great people and really smart. It was a great place to go for tutoring!
Productive and innovative workplace
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 28, 2013
I get good experience regarding new projects and learnt new technologies and new required languages for development side.
Pros
Free Software development clubs and web designing club
GIS Analysis and production
GIS Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 26, 2012
Perform GIS analysis and database management. Responsible for some cartographic production. My general work day involves getting a task from the GIS Analyst and executing that task. I've learned a significant amount about databases, file management, and geoprocessing. The management is supportive and the other employees are friendly.The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible schedule. The least enjoyable part is the inconsistency of regular work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
inconsistent project availability