California State University, Dominguez Hills Employee Reviews

Interesting and Rewarding
Student Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 7, 2016
Very good learning experience. Helped me to refine my office skills and further confirmed that diligence, dedication, and gumption will get you where you want to be.
Learning while helping.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 10, 2014
I had a great time helping the students and staff at CSUDH. This job allowed me to experience new things about computers and help solve problems while learning. I really enjoyed proofreading student papers and sharing my thoughts with them.
Pros
Great job to finish school.
Cons
Only a part-time job.
Great environment to work.
Mental Health Outreach Coordinator & Programmer (Current Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 3, 2014
Planning and developing mental health material, events, or workshops for the campus to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness while promoting mental health services if needed.
Validates OSHA knowledge, student interaction great
Instructor for OSHA Safety Standard Courses (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 5, 2014
Instructing OSHA courses on weekends and remote from the University is fun and enjoyable. I would bring in either donuts or a small breakfast and coffee for the class and for the remaining days and for the students who wished to participate, they would take care of the remaining mornings. The interaction I generate to get the students involved allows for great interaction between student/instructor and student/student. For review of the day's instruction we break into teams and play OSHA Jeopardy. It is enjoyable for me, between courses, to find appropriate movie clips that drive the point of discussion home for each student. Sometimes the long drives to remote instruction sites can be a bit tedious but when the students can honestly say they will be bringing back some good information to their work and feel empowered in the process, well, that pretty well sums it up.
Pros
Studetn satisfation and a sense of effecting change
Cons
The drive
An educational environment filled with learning and growing.
Financial Aid/Outreach Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 14, 2014
My typical day was to provided students with financial aid information such as grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study.

I learned from my managers to build trust and confidence with the students, especially when discussing financial aid.

I learned to talk education and careers with students from my co-workers to ease any doubt or nervousness.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with students that were denied financial aid due to poor grades.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to assist students reach their educational goal.
Pros
Assist students graduate college.
Cons
Dealing with students that had poor grades.
student assistant
Front - End Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 18, 2013
Great job if you are a student. Great campus and wonderful to commute
Great Place to Start
Registration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 24, 2013
This place of employment is excellent ! There is always something to do and your co workers are like family. I learned how to handle a rush of people and how to answer multiple phone lines and direct calls. The management is great and very understanding they are some of the best bosses i have ever had. The hardest part of the job is the student rush at the beginning of a semester or having to explain to students why the registration fees change because we have no control over that so it gets difficult to explain. The most enjoyable part is the students and helping them further their education.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to learn and Gain Experience
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 2, 2013
CSUDH is a great place to work where you can gain experience and learn plenty of skills in the computer IT area. I have gained plenty of hands on experience and devolped great connections that will boost my career.
Office is on a soccer field.
Assistant Coach - Men's Soccer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 13, 2012
Provided specialized tactical and technical instruction on-field.
Aided players with psychological game preparation and motivation.
Self-learned skills include recruiting , communication, merchandising, fundraising.
Co-workers have vision and passion for fostering an environment conducive to student-athletes progressing toward graduation and winning games.
Difficult obstacles arise when attempting to solve simple problems with logical solutions and red tape binds layer upon layer preventing easy issues from being resolved.
The most gratifying thing in coaching college sports is providing student-athletes the tools to achieve goals through teamwork and getting to see the goals come to fruition.
Pros
competitive environment, paid travel, per diem, prolonged and instant gratification, high-level sports environment.
Cons
lack of general organization, task management, staff oriented measuable goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University, Dominguez Hills. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6