California State University, East Bay Employee Reviews

Great workplace for a full time student wanting to gain professional experience.
Welcome Center Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 3, 2017
I come into work twice a week. We offer tours everyday, so I give tours whenever I am scheduled. We also input incury cards from prospective students as well as calling students to congratulate them on their admission to our school. I am also in charge of answering the phones, we set up academic counseling appointments or help with any admission question. Once a month we participate in work training to learn leadership skills and to better our services. I enjoy working with my manager and co- workers, we are a very productive team.
Good value
MBA Student (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 3, 2017
CSU East Bay is a good value and gets you the degree.

It's not very academically challenging.

The professors and not very inspiring.
Slow paced environment, nice co-workers, perfect work life balance
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 30, 2015
This is going to be a great place to work for someone needs to take care of their life and work at the same time. Many co-workers are planning to work here until their retirement. Nice benefits package.
Great university.
Full Time University Student and Recent Graduate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 14, 2015
Fun environment.
Passionate people.
Great departmental counselors who are invested in your growth.
School/life balance largely depends on your area of study.
great place to study
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 4, 2015
They have a great master program in Biostatistics. Teachers are great! The master program is designed for working students. All courses are at night.
Decent place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 15, 2014
I enjoyed my time at CSUEB. Helping students to achieve their dreams was such an honor. Seeing students walk across the stage and recieve their diploma was the highlight of my year.
Great Experience
Teacher Aid (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 26, 2014
I enjoy working with students and helping them learn computer science. The hours are very flexible.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
None.
Great place to gain experience in the Education field
Transfer Admission Evaluator - PEM (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 1, 2014
Every day is interesting. Workded with great supervisor and co-workers. Have gained lot of knowledge on how the CSU system works. It is always nice to help a student and see them graduate. Best part of the job.
productive and fun workplace
Student Finance (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 7, 2014
It is a great place to work. I have learned a lot by working here.
Studied and completed assignments
Art Student (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 7, 2014
Developed and refined skills in critical thinking, team collaboration, and project management through this rigorous degree program. Studied and completed assignments focused on directing, editing, storyboarding, lighting, screenwriting, web development, coding, and graphic design. Led team-based projects, delegating tasks and overseeing performance to ensure the on-time, on-target completion of deliverables. Conducted research, analyzed findings, and prepared information reports and presentations.
Fun enviornment and learning experience!
Post-Production Producer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 25, 2014
Production was usually very well organized and time was never wasted. I enjoy working with the team and always look forward to production days. The editing process isn't easy but its fun to put the show together and create the vision we all worked hard on. The most difficult part of the job is the tight schedules each co-worker has making production days limited and thus, us not being able to produce more content in a short time. However, we manage and work hard to bring this idea together. I truly enjoy the final product of the show, knowing that I took part in editing and working with a great team.
Great University
student (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 31, 2013
Great University, culturally and ethnically diversed. Super friendly
Nice experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 24, 2012
I mainly graded homework for Linear Regression course. And then organized the homework and recorded the scores. Sometimes took hours to finish grading because certain questions may be solved in different methods and then get different results, so I have to calculate the possible ways and to get the answers to make sure every student gets the right score.
Pros
great experience, work closely with professors
Diverse, intense, and flexible place to work
Diversity Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 2, 2012
I worked there a few years ago in the area of diversity. I mostly enjoyed my time working there with friendly people to work with, an flexible schedule, and daily meetings to keep everyone on track. The pay was great as well. i got to interact with students, staff and faculty and mentor students who needed guidance. The one downside to working there was one employee who would lose her temper and befriend coworkers and then lecture/yell at them on company time when she thought they weren't living up to her expectations (including myself). She was talked to, but never seemed to be reprimanded. She's gone now so hopefully things are better.
Pros
compensation, flexibilty, interactions with people
Cons
harrassment on the job
Good place to work.
Director of Advancement Services (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 12, 2012
This place of higher learning was an exciting place to work.
Pros
good benefits, nice views.
Cons
public transportation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University, East Bay. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5