California State University, Fresno

California State University, Fresno Employee Reviews

Typical university environment
Lecturer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: flexibiltity and ability to work independently
Cons: occasional bad department chairs
My time at Fresno State has had the usual ups and downs. Overall, I have been happy to be a part of a thriving university. Each semester has been different, with different course loads and schedules
Debate Team
Assistant Debate Coach (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great director of debate
Great place to coach debate. Lot's of research, very competitive field.
Productive workplace, fun, team based enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: work schedule was based around undergrad school scedule
Cons: position only offered to current undergrad students
A typical day consisted of scheduling student counseling session, answering phone,taking messages and informing students on policy changes of the university. I learned to multitask, problem solve, and obtain elevated levels of costumer service to all incoming and current student of the university. Management were hands encouraging and supportive of all staffs growth and development as a employee and student. My co-workers were friendly and uplifting. The hardest part of the job was managing the counselors schedules and staying up to date on changes to their schedules while notifying students of changes and cancellations. The most enjoyable part was helping students with their academic needs and success while enrolled in the university.
It was a good experience
Undergraduate Biology Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 18, 2013
working in a research lab outside of my regular classes was a great experience. It applied the concepts learned in class a job, and it gave a glimpse into medical, pharmaceutical, and clinical research environments.
Post secondary education - great opportunity for growth and developing careers
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 22, 2013
Great classroom experience and learning experience for both students and faculty.
Good work experience
Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 20, 2013
I was an intern at this university for the athletic department. It is a good place to work at but interns are not well paid considering the work we do. It is good experience but not worth staying longer than a year.
I recieved great training as a undergraduate and graduate student at CSU Fresno as a future speech-language pathologist
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 9, 2013
During my time at CSU, Fresno I was provided with great knowledge and skills throughout my undergraduate and graduate coursework. I developed sufficient knowledge throughout both my on campus and off campus experiences to start my career as a future speech-language pathology. The hardships throughout my graduate work allowed me to develop great knowledge and experience in this demanding, yet rewarding field.
Great place to work!
Instructor (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 12, 2013
A typical day at work is teaching students the benefits of exercise and wellness. I learn everyday that each student is at a different level of fitness. I have to modify lesson plans accordingly. The management team an co-workers always remind me of their open door policy. If ever I have a comment or question that needs discussion, I can talk with them in confidence. The hardest part of the job is to remind college students about being responsible for their own actions. I do not want to feel like a father but they do need guidance when they make a mistake. The most enjoyable part of the job is to teach new concepts to sutdents.