California State University, Long Beach

California State University, Long Beach Employer Reviews

AV
A/V Technician (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 17, 2014
Very nice atmosphere. It is difficult to balance work and school if a student.
Fieldwork at CSULB was enlightening, friendly, and effective.
Child and Family Center Preschool Fieldwork (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: good overall teamwork, helpful staff, excellent safety precautions, clean environment
Cons: miscommunications
A typical day at the child and family center, began with a routine of setting up of play activities and preparing children for after-nap activities followed by supervising children at play and cleaning up the environment afterwards. From my experience here, I learned how to guide children into making better decisions for themselves. The management was always open to answering any questions. My co-workers and I were cooperative and worked as a great team. They were always happy to help and approached each task with a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to spend time with the children by teaching them, talking to them about their day, and reading to them. The hardest part of the job was getting the children to eat more than one bite at snack time.
Productive Working Environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee), 1250 Bellflower BlvdMay 27, 2014
Very friendly and productive work environment. Duties include giving great customer service, filing, etc.
Not good
Instructor - DSP lab (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 10, 2014
They don't care what you do - Students are not eager to learn -
DNA life
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 16, 2014
That was my first DNA experiment, which that was very fun working as part of the team and learned how manage myself as part of team
Great place to work.
Instructor at CSULB (Former Employee), Lonb Beach, CADecember 2, 2013
Both attending and teaching at CSULB has provided me with an opportunity to engross myself within its diverse student and staff communities. CSULB is one of the most diverse campuses in the CSU system. As a result I have both worked and learned with a multitude of people whose experiences, beliefs, and perspectives are different from my own. I feel will assimilate well into other diverse groups where experiences, beliefs, and perspectives are different.
Creative Director
Creative Director (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 13, 2013
This graduate level course is an experimental class in which the purpose of it is to design and build a architectural piece and to make it interactive, while experimenting with materials and design and managing the budget.
University
Portfolio Manager; Champion (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 28, 2013
CSULB is a great, diverse university. Student life is great and the professors really care about the students.
Great Environment
Illustration/Animation Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 21, 2013
Great community. Very helpful people. I learned how to manage a room full of people
Amazing place to work
Tutor (Former Employee), MESA DepartmentMay 22, 2013
• Assisted middle-school and high-school students in science projects.
• Inspired students to participate the regional and national science competitions.
• Prepared and organized MESA Saturday Academy at CSU Long Beach.
CSULB College Life
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: loved working with the young minds that will be our future
Cons: budget cuts...
Health care for college students can sometimes be trying due to the fact that these are young adults at the age of as I say old enough to know better yet younger enough not to care. Many of the young students would look to me as a mentor and felt at ease talking with me about some of the things that concerned young people, like STD's and birth control,. I really enjoyed this environment.
Productive fast paced lab environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: lots of learning and fast paced work
Cons: required to come in on weekends sometimes to finish experiments
Typical days include routine lab maintenance and stock verification. Very independent work environment with little to no supervision. Must be self oriented and driven. Each research assistant has their own project or multiple projects to work on.
Fun and productive place, learning something new everyday
Personal Senior Design class Tutor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 26, 2012
Learning something new everyday is the best thing in working.
Supportive co-workers, great advice from supervisors
Caller (Current Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: very flexible with school
Cons: not enough hours, faulty equipment
Three hour shifts went by quickly. Management and staff worked extremely well together. The atmosphere and attitudes of employee's made a difficult job enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was experiencing alumni's frustration with receiving the phone calls, but it did teach me how to neutralize a "hot" situation.
Number 1 California State University Campus
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2012
While working as a Resident Assistant, the job itself was quite easy. RAs follow a supervisory role for other students living in the dorms as well as exacting discipline when necessary.

I learned that college stereotypes don't happen as often as you would think.

Management is very well organized and their training programs work effectively to prepare new RAs.

Co-workers are other university students. It's a mixed bag, but generally very responsible individuals.

The job is easy to perform and the best part is the of it is the free room and board.
Friendly Professor
Student Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 8, 2012
The professors are overall friendly and eager to know about their student's progress.
CSULB is a lively campus with amazing students. Unfortunately it is a state institution that is in financial turmoil.
Administrative Support Coordinator, (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: great benefits, close to my house
Cons: no salary increases, lay offs in the future, no security
My day consists of assisting students, faculty and administration in a variety of tasks from coordinating events to maintaining budgets and payroll. I have been trained in several data reporting systems such as Oracle Peoplesoft. I have been trained in student advising and enjoy assisting students in their curricular decisions. I am the only administrative staff in a department of over 40 faculty and 600 students so instead of coworkers to assist me with my job I am the "go to" person for everything. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the ever changing policies and procedures brought forth by the University. The most enjoyable is definitely the people I work with. The students of the design department where I work are inspirational and the faculty has become like a family to me.
Productive and convenient
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 20, 2012
Pros: shool first and staff/faculty are great
Cons: federal work study
It is a RGRLL and Comm. dept and multi-tasking is key. I love it!
Great Experience
College of Business Administration (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 25, 2012
My boss was amazing, and worked with you on your strengths.

Although the position was just made up for the work studies program, the manager made us all feel like it was an important job, which was great for team moral.

California State University, Long Beach Photos