California State University, Long Beach Employee Reviews

Production without compensation
Budget Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 1, 2017
This place could work well for you. But for the ambitious and hard-working stay away. Pay is not based on production, it's how someone with influence views you. Even well intentioned managers are restricted because if they give you what you earned, then the me-toos who've done nothing demand a piece. Union environment. A demoralizing situation for those who produce and want recognition. A magnificient place for those just wanting to get paid and push their work to someone else.
Pros
somewhat relaxed
Cons
union, Hr, benefits
Relaxed, calm environment
Instructional Student Assistant/Engineering Tutor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 19, 2017
This job was pretty fun because you pretty much have no duties when you are not tutoring any students and the people were nice. My boss was very helpful and gave you the chance for a flexible schedule
Productive and fun workplace
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work for myself consists of 2-3 meetings per day along with the planning of events and budgeting. From this job, I have learned to communicate in group settings more efficiently, improve my time management skills as well as organizational skills. Management is good, they care about their employees. They are welcoming and very inclusive which is great. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the time delays from management. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people and helping them.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
No health care or dental benefits
Supportive and collaborative atmosphere
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2017
California State University, Long Beach is an excellent place to work. A supportive and collaborative environment are cultivated at the departmental and university levels.
Research experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 11, 2017
The most satisfaction feeling is to see how the research project that I am currently involved in growing big. A lot more undergraduate students join the group and eager to study the project.
Lecture
Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 15, 2017
- Professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes
- It is easy to get/register classes I want
- Workload is easy to manage
Innovative. Student centered. Making a difference
South Basin Writing Project, Assist to Director (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 14, 2016
Great co-workers. Lots of relationships on campus. Innovative learning environment. Excellent senior management and visionary leadership. Making a difference in the community.
Pros
Senior management.
Cons
Bureaucratic wheels churned slowly
student worker
Long Beach Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 18, 2016
i was a student here and i got a job in the physics department the place was great. real high end. the manager was wonderful and there was never any strenuous activity it was all very leisure
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 16, 2016
Part time teaching job, one day a quarter. Extension University is very supportive. Adult students are eager to learn and easy to get along with.
CSULB Student
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 2, 2015
Great University! Got my BA in Psychology and learned a lot. Finished my education early with no trouble getting classes.
Vacuolar trafficking in yeast cells
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 10, 2015
In this lab we study vacuolar proteins and its trafficking within the cell. Awesome PI and lab members. Great lab to develop and practice molecular biology skills such as SDS-PAGE, Bradford Assay, Microscopy or PCR.
Csulb
Student Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 27, 2015
Great student job
Flexible schedule
On campus- no transportation needed
Relaxed environment
Independence
Stress-free job
Pros
On campus
Cons
fun place to work with others
Member (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 20, 2015
Everyone was always very cooperative and willing to help each other out. It was only through the use of effective teamwork that one was able to achieve maximum results. The concept of being respectful always helped others be more open and willing to share their ideas. Although not all of them were used, it was a great way to get the conversation started and a lead to get to an even better idea.
Pros
free lunches
Loved working here
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2015
I absolutely love the work environment here. Long Beach state has such a warm inviting work place its hard not to get along with everyone here. I also love the pay and management were always helpful and resourceful with a lot of things.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  long beachApril 3, 2015
It provides a great opportunity for students to accomplish their goals. I work as a Teaching Assistant using AutoCAD and Solidworks and provide assistance to alosmt 120 students per semester.
It's a great school.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 26, 2015
Currently, I am working in the Statistical Consulting Group as a research assistant. Also, I am writing thesis with my advisor. I enjoy studying here and I am going to graduate in Fall semester.
Opportunity to learn while studying
Tutor/Teaching Assistant/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Offered the ability to work in the field for which I was preparing with a good mentor. Was able to see growth in my knowledge, skills, and professional confidence.
Pros
Great learning environment
Av
A/V Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 17, 2014
Very nice atmosphere. It is difficult to balance work and school if a student.
Fieldwork at CSULB was enlightening, friendly, and effective.
Child and Family Center Preschool Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 13, 2014
A typical day at the child and family center, began with a routine of setting up of play activities and preparing children for after-nap activities followed by supervising children at play and cleaning up the environment afterwards. From my experience here, I learned how to guide children into making better decisions for themselves. The management was always open to answering any questions. My co-workers and I were cooperative and worked as a great team. They were always happy to help and approached each task with a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to spend time with the children by teaching them, talking to them about their day, and reading to them. The hardest part of the job was getting the children to eat more than one bite at snack time.
Pros
Good overall teamwork, helpful staff, excellent safety precautions, clean environment
Cons
Miscommunications
Productive Working Environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  1250 Bellflower BlvdMay 27, 2014
Very friendly and productive work environment. Duties include giving great customer service, filing, etc.