California State University, Long Beach Employee Reviews in United States

CSULB Student
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 2, 2015
Great University! Got my BA in Psychology and learned a lot. Finished my education early with no trouble getting classes.
Vacuolar trafficking in yeast cells
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 10, 2015
In this lab we study vacuolar proteins and its trafficking within the cell. Awesome PI and lab members. Great lab to develop and practice molecular biology skills such as SDS-PAGE, Bradford Assay, Microscopy or PCR.
Csulb
Student Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 27, 2015
Great student job
Flexible schedule
On campus- no transportation needed
Relaxed environment
Independence
Stress-free job
Pros
On campus
Cons
fun place to work with others
Member (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 20, 2015
Everyone was always very cooperative and willing to help each other out. It was only through the use of effective teamwork that one was able to achieve maximum results. The concept of being respectful always helped others be more open and willing to share their ideas. Although not all of them were used, it was a great way to get the conversation started and a lead to get to an even better idea.
Pros
free lunches
Loved working here
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2015
I absolutely love the work environment here. Long Beach state has such a warm inviting work place its hard not to get along with everyone here. I also love the pay and management were always helpful and resourceful with a lot of things.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  long beachApril 3, 2015
It provides a great opportunity for students to accomplish their goals. I work as a Teaching Assistant using AutoCAD and Solidworks and provide assistance to alosmt 120 students per semester.
It's a great school.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 26, 2015
Currently, I am working in the Statistical Consulting Group as a research assistant. Also, I am writing thesis with my advisor. I enjoy studying here and I am going to graduate in Fall semester.
Opportunity to learn while studying
Tutor/Teaching Assistant/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Offered the ability to work in the field for which I was preparing with a good mentor. Was able to see growth in my knowledge, skills, and professional confidence.
Pros
great learning environment
Av
A/V Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 17, 2014
Very nice atmosphere. It is difficult to balance work and school if a student.
Fieldwork at CSULB was enlightening, friendly, and effective.
Child and Family Center Preschool Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 13, 2014
A typical day at the child and family center, began with a routine of setting up of play activities and preparing children for after-nap activities followed by supervising children at play and cleaning up the environment afterwards. From my experience here, I learned how to guide children into making better decisions for themselves. The management was always open to answering any questions. My co-workers and I were cooperative and worked as a great team. They were always happy to help and approached each task with a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to spend time with the children by teaching them, talking to them about their day, and reading to them. The hardest part of the job was getting the children to eat more than one bite at snack time.
Pros
good overall teamwork, helpful staff, excellent safety precautions, clean environment
Cons
miscommunications
Productive Working Environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  1250 Bellflower BlvdMay 27, 2014
Very friendly and productive work environment. Duties include giving great customer service, filing, etc.
Not good
Instructor - DSP lab (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 10, 2014
They don't care what you do - Students are not eager to learn -
DNA life
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 16, 2014
That was my first DNA experiment, which that was very fun working as part of the team and learned how manage myself as part of team
Great place to work.
Instructor at CSULB (Former Employee) –  Lonb Beach, CADecember 2, 2013
Both attending and teaching at CSULB has provided me with an opportunity to engross myself within its diverse student and staff communities. CSULB is one of the most diverse campuses in the CSU system. As a result I have both worked and learned with a multitude of people whose experiences, beliefs, and perspectives are different from my own. I feel will assimilate well into other diverse groups where experiences, beliefs, and perspectives are different.
Creative Director
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 13, 2013
This graduate level course is an experimental class in which the purpose of it is to design and build a architectural piece and to make it interactive, while experimenting with materials and design and managing the budget.
University
Portfolio Manager; Champion (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 28, 2013
CSULB is a great, diverse university. Student life is great and the professors really care about the students.
Great Environment
Illustration/Animation Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 21, 2013
Great community. Very helpful people. I learned how to manage a room full of people
Amazing place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  MESA DepartmentMay 22, 2013
• Assisted middle-school and high-school students in science projects.
• Inspired students to participate the regional and national science competitions.
• Prepared and organized MESA Saturday Academy at CSU Long Beach.
CSULB College Life
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 25, 2013
Health care for college students can sometimes be trying due to the fact that these are young adults at the age of as I say old enough to know better yet younger enough not to care. Many of the young students would look to me as a mentor and felt at ease talking with me about some of the things that concerned young people, like STD's and birth control,. I really enjoyed this environment.
Pros
loved working with the young minds that will be our future
Cons
budget cuts...
Productive fast paced lab environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Typical days include routine lab maintenance and stock verification. Very independent work environment with little to no supervision. Must be self oriented and driven. Each research assistant has their own project or multiple projects to work on.
Pros
lots of learning and fast paced work
Cons
required to come in on weekends sometimes to finish experiments

4.6