California State University, Los Angeles Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great place to teach.
Lecture Instructor, (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2015
I very much enjoyed teaching at Cal State LA, the students are highly motivated and dedicated. The environment at Cal State LA is energetic and motivational for both the students and staff.
It was very productive.
SAP BODS Consultant and Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2015
It was a good place to study and work. The projects were all academic projects and I learned a lot working with my team in different roles.
Excellent place to be.
Co-Director of Golden Eagle Film Festival (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2015
The culture at this university is amazing. Everyone in every department is extremely helpful and there is a sense of community. Administrators are very supportive of their students, and want them to succeed. Through the film festival, I got to learn the various policies and procedures of the campus, and learned the process of planning major events at a public university.
An undergraduate research which allows flexible time schedule and great learning outcomes including cell culturing and independent research skills
Cancer Research- SkBr3 cell culturing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2015
Flexible time schedule for undergraduate student and great learning outcomes by working with other students which includes material management, routine care for the cells, and independent research.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
time required to wait for ordered materials
Flexible work environment with friendly colleagues
Text Transcriber (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2014
Since I work as a Student Assistant, my work being flexible is most important for me because I have to balance work and classes. This is just what I get working here.
There is a little work pressure to get stuff done, because the disabled students are completely reliable on us. So the work has to be done morally, as well as perfectly.
I learned time-keeping and getting stuff done within a particular time constraint. Managing the books, prioritizing work, understanding and thinking analytically are some other things learned from small situations arising everyday at work.
I haven't encountered any challenging part of the work but I am willing to and would love to face it.
Enjoyable work with amazing teaching team.
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2013
A typical work day included meeting with the faculty to discuss future study plans and create exam questions.

The faculty was extremely forthcoming and helpful.

Obviously, the most enjoying part was teaching classes by myself and getting to know the students and their endeavors.
Pros
friendly students and faculty
Cons
large number of students per class.

4.4