California State University East Bay Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Adjuct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty, Science and Mathematics Division (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 30, 2016
I teach classes and get to interact with wonderful students. There is no typical day. Each day is different, unique, and always geared towards the students' needs.
Kinesiology Department is top notch!
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 17, 2016
It is great to be surrounded and mentored by professors that want to make the kinesiology department better every quarter.
Good
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 18, 2016
Well organize place to work. Productive, honorable people and hard workers. Friendly workers and students.Learned a lot of policies. The benefits are ok.
Nice environment
Accounting Technician II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 18, 2016
It's hard to get in, and once you are in it can be tough to grow in your career.

It's a nice campus.

The departments take long to hire and interview.
Pros
With CALPERS you can retire at 50 years of age.
Cons
It's hard to advance in your career.
Convenient to work where I went to school
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 22, 2015
Got to meet a lot of interesting people I never would have met. Very good atmosphere to work in and had plenty of time to get your work done.
Pros
flexible hours, caring management, work with other students your age
Cons
limited pay
Great place to work and study!
SUPPORT ASSISTANT / PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 21, 2015
Well organize place to work. Productive, honorable people and hard workers. Friendly workers and students.Learned a lot of policies. The benefits are great.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Hard to get a job there because people dont leave. Pay is low!
Fun Workplace
Fitness Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 30, 2015
I did a lot of cleaning and I enjoyed interacting with my coworkers along with the members of the fitness center. There was a lot of downtime, however. I learned how to multi task and how best to get things done quickly in an efficient manner. I was also able to plan how to approach my work duties about what I should do first to what I should do last allowing time in between for the unexpected to happen that require more work than originally thought. The management was pretty lenient. My coworkers were easy to get along. The hardest part of my job was that sometimes I was the only fitness center attendant during a busy shift so it felt overwhelming trying to get everything done and my closing duties in order. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with my coworkers and the members.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lots of down time
Great environment and social interactions
Salvation Army Intern (Current Employee) –  California, CAJanuary 5, 2015
When working with the Salvation Army, the first activity they make me do is too set up the tables for the children. Usually children start arriving from after school, so we provide an after school program to help them in their studies. Working with children helped me become or patient and understanding because what seemed easy to you was hard to them. Everyone learns and thinks differently. My co-workers are reliable and hard working in helping our kids. We all want to give them the help they need into becoming successful students. The hardest part of the job was learning to cope with children and their obnoxious behavior. I had to realized that they were just kids and they did not know better. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children's faces when they come back with their test scores. They get all happy and cheesy when they get good grades which makes me feel happy for them.
Pros
reliable, close to campus, works around my school schedule
Cons
low hours, sometimes sent me home if it was a slow day
Great place for students to gain job experience if you have none!
Front Desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 13, 2014
I liked working in the EOP office because of the great staff!
Pros
meet alot of people and you are the first to know about events.
Cons
no health care!
School Review
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 12, 2014
Good. Ok.

I would probably try to get into a better school next time. Not nearly enough research opportunities.
fun,productive, and rewarding
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 21, 2014
i found being a lab assistant fot Project Impact to be productive and rewarding.
Cons
work study position
fun
Team member (Current Employee) –  hayward, caJuly 30, 2014
Team member, catering
September 2013-Present
Worked for a catering company that served all events and parties for California State University East Bay.
Team member, Dining Commons
October 2013- Present
Working in an environment that requires constant maintenance and focus in order to keep up with the hustle and bustle of feeding a whole college campus daily while maintaining diverse options and a welcoming environment.
Team Member, Aramark
September 2013- Present
Provide a warm and welcoming environment to customers at any and all locations. Spreading the Aramark’s motto of enriching lives every day.
student
student (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 15, 2014
Great campus. Great faculty. Awesome location. Lots of fun.
n/a
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 21, 2014
Did not enjoy working with this company. Management and the environment were not enjoyable.
This was an awesome job!
Student Assistant at Housing Office (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 15, 2013
This was a really fun job, that included a lot of multitasking. Creating posters and using your imagination is always a win-win. The environment is friendly and happy and you get to socialize a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you send students away with a cleaner better working computer than what they brought in.
Pros
creativity, social outlet, fun environment
Great university for students that are working.
Communication Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 29, 2013
Classes are normally small in size. This is a great school in the Bay Area because it is central to San Francisco, North, South, and East Bay.
Pros
great communter school
Cons
tuition
Challenging and rewarding.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 24, 2013
A typical day would including answering phone calls and emails. Updating the database. Checking and updating the Coordinators appointments and maintaining the budget. Along with basic office duties, I would provide services to any of the 25 students that our program supported. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and still maintain friendships with them. Graduation and Admissions time can be stressful, however, meeting the incoming freshmen and getting them settled in was always a highlight.
Pros
working with the students
Cons
vacations not allowed in summer
I really enjoy working at the CSUEB Welcome Center
Ambassador Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 18, 2012
I love CSUEB. The staff and management are great. You do get to learn a lot every day you are at work.
Great work place
Bay Card Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 7, 2012
Busy workload but manageable. Friendly co-workers with different culture background. Interacting with students was fun.
Pros
free education
Cons
short breaks
Great place
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 4, 2012
As a Social Media associate for the Alumni Association, I updated alumni news on social media websites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

4.3