California State University Fullerton Employee Reviews

Too much politicking.
Biology lecturer (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 11, 2017
Too much politicking. Emphasis on student passing courses but not learning much. Tuition is too high for what the students are getting. Needs more programs to support students.
Review no longer relevant
Computer Graphics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 25, 2017
I taught adult continuing education computer graphics in the early 90's. This review is no longer relevant, as I have not taught there for a long time, and no longer live in California.
Great Place to Start and End
Project Manager, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 19, 2017
Cal State Fullerton is a great place to start or end a career, as it is an amazing University that is doing big things. The work culture could not be better, and the management at IT cares about you growing in your career and as a person.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
government pay
Challenging but relaxed teaching environment
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 11, 2017
A typical day at work includes attending lecture for that assigned class and preparing and holding a supplemental instruction session for students to attend. I learned how to communicated effectively to a range of people as well as how to deal with conflict concerning misunderstandings between people or misunderstandings with the material.
Every Student's Dream Job
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 16, 2017
The company values group effort, teamwork, and dialogic teaching and learning. There was lots of support as an Information Technology student employee in the Mihaylo College of Business' Information Technology Department, and I am grateful to have a team that builds each other up in times of stress. We had monthly team dinners and a surprise pizza party for a "Happy last day of work" card for our boss through the contributions from the team.
Pros
Flexible hours, very accommodating to college student's schedule
Cons
Low pay
Balanced
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work if you have a family and require time off for doctors apts. etc.. It's a state job, so the pay is low. However there are many other perks such as a week off at Christmas and many other holidays. Nice campus with plenty of places to eat and a rec center you can join for $25.00 a month.
Pros
Friendly staff, paid vacation, paid holidays, beautiful campus, many amenities on campus
Cons
low hourly pay
Full Time Student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CA 92831June 27, 2017
Great campus and community oriented education. Enjoyed the challenge that courses provided and the relationships that were made. Professors and faculty are there to help in any way that they can and should be used as valuable resources.
Pros
nice campus. great faculty
Cons
lack of parking, commuter campus
Productive and supportive workplace.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 22, 2017
Great workplace environment with supportive staff. CSUF provides an excellent environment for opportunities for acquiring new skills, knowledge, and the ability to advance.
A great place to work at while you are a student
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 23, 2017
Working as a student assistant was an enjoyable experience overall, especially while being a undergraduate student. The office that I worked in was friendly and the culture was a positive one.
Pros
Free food, friendly colleagues, opportunity to network
Cons
Routine tasks, not the most flexible
Nice management and work culture
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2017
Nice management and work culture, im working part time so not that much facilities but environment is good. I enjoyed working here as birthdays and celebrated and parties are also on the go.
California State University Fullerton
Group Leader Internship (Current Employee) –  California State University FullertonNovember 14, 2016
CSUF is a very diverse campus, which I really like a lot. I have been able to make friends with different cultures and I have learned a lot from them.
Friendly environment with a lot of fun
Teacher Assistance (TA) (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 15, 2016
It's a great place, friendly and respectful co-workers, awesome environment for working and learning at the same time
enjoyed it alot...really like teaching....
Instructor Master's Program in Counseling (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 30, 2016
I already gave this review....I taught there for 2 separate departments, undergrad Human Services Department, and for the Master's in Counseling program........loved it all.........
Pros
teaching others to be good and ethical therapist....
Cons
the parking.......
Great environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 25, 2016
Nothing bad to say about this job. Compensated well, very friendly and supportive environment. wish I could've stayed here forever. would recommend
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Fun workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Good workplace and friendly environment. I am currently working here and my job is very enjoyable and fun the management is good
Pros
Breaks
great benefits
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  On CampusOctober 25, 2015
This is a good place for benefits and experience. I am satisfied at the end of the day with what I have accomplished.

I do not know what else to comment on at this time
Place to learn new things
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  fullerton, CAOctober 17, 2015
It was really fun working there, I was to automate all the repetitive tasks. people are too friendly here, they always treat you with utmost respect.
Very Good School!
Teaching Associate (Part Time Faculty) (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 8, 2015
I got my undergraduate and graduate degrees at Cal State University. I am so proud to a student of Cal State Fullerton, and I am also very lucky to have job at the school.
People are very nice and helpful at the University. I love working there!
Csuf
Graduate Researcher, Biochemistry (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 16, 2015
Great atmosphere and lots of interaction with faculty and other staff members. Research experience was under guidance of principal investigators, but P.I. also promotes innovation and thinking outside the box to solve problems.
Wonderful opportunity
Howard Hughes Medical Institute Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 4, 2015
I was given the opportunity to do research with a Phd and use state of the art equipment. I was funded for the summer through HHMI.