California State University Fullerton

California State University Fullerton Employer Reviews

Learning experience
Graduate Student Consultant (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: lack of administrative resources
Good place for one to learn about the future career. Good professors to guide you through the obstacles. For graduate programs, the professors won't hold your hands but they'll guide you in a way you can expand your knowledge.
CAL STATE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits for students.
Cons: large campus and easy to fall through the cracks.
The experience and collection of knowledge at this institution has far exceeded expectations. The final semester is a rigorous attempt to collect the last possible bit of highly concentrated academic knowledge. It is difficult yet rewarding when goals are met and work is finished. The hardest part is new techniques, and test taking. The most enjoyable – more... part is completion, cooperation, and an acquired skill set. – less
CSUF review
Commencement Usher (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: bad management, drama
Unfortunately, at the time of my employment, one of the managers had employed their 17 year old son whom, upon my first day, antagonized me and harassed me in the work place by threatening to hurt me.
Their mother, one of my managers, had escalated the situation by moving me out of my original workplace and venue to an unfamiliar one. I was alienated – more... from my coworkers and forced to work under the stress and embarrassed of my managers. I did not return to work because the embarrassment and situation I was placed in. – less
Productive and Fun work place
ASA II for History Department (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: slow in the summer
Cons: really busy towards registration season
Everyone in the department is really friendly. Very helpful when you are a new person added to the staff. Faculty members make you feel welcome.
Good job while entering into the teaching profession.
Teaching Associate (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 17, 2013
I taught an introduction to communication course, which an emphasis on interpersonal communication skill building for new students.
Work on Campus
Telephone Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: you choose your own schedule days and times
Cons: not enough hours, no benefits, not a stable job ( some down time)
This job consist of making phone calls using random digit dialing and conducting surveys with Orange County residents. Co workers are all students because the job site is located at school. The hardest part of this job is being able to complete enough surveys for that day and actually have people participate in them.
having fun
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), electrical engineering departmentJanuary 18, 2013
-My typical day at work is when i attended the lab though i was suffering from fever
-I gained practical knowledge and skills required for the current jobs
-I enjoy working with people as a team because we can gain technical knowledge.
-There is no hardest part of the job till now
-working with students
having fun
-My typical day at work is when i was doing internship in my bachelors,one of the crew person in the power plant was hurt by the machine inside.
-I gained practical knowledge and skills required for the current jobs
-I enjoy working with people as a team because we can gain technical knowledge.
-There is no hardest part of the job till now
-I enjoy – more... every moment of my job – less
Professors are great and very helpful, especially when you are part of a scholar program.
Bridges to Stem Cell Research (BSCR) Scholar (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 30, 2012
A typical day involved supplemental courses in stem cell biology while performing research in a variety of lab settings.