California State University Northridge Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace with helping professors
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  California State University NorthridgeJune 23, 2017
It's really fun to work with professors and help students. Excellent environment to work. The challenging part was to help students with different software for their projects.
Loved working for Dr. Winters!
Statistics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sociology buildingJune 13, 2017
I had flexible office hours and great peaceful and purposeful work environment. I graded statistics labs and tutored her students in Social Statistics.
Great Place
Learning Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 30, 2017
Student Housing environment is amazing to deal with on a day to day basis. They people you work with provide a family environment and ensures that you feel at home in the work place.
daily jobs
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 10, 2017
- wet specimen preservation
- organization of taxonomic classes
- collection maintenance
- maintained a clean teaching lab

I leaned how to preserve specimens, whether they are to be added to our collection or to be sent of to museums. Also how specimens should be properly taken care of so that they last a long time. The hardest part of the job is keeping the specimens organized in their taxonomic classes, since it is a teaching lab there are always classes in the lab looking at organisms and not always putting them back in the proper place. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to have a job in the field I am trying to pursue and also learning all these techniques I can take with me onto further jobs.
Teachers Assistant
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 18, 2017
Easy to work for the biology department and extremely organized so easy to follow instructions. Working with undergraduates was not only fun but fulfilling.
Staffs at NCOD are very accommodating specially the supervisor and they will work around your schedule
Captionist (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 4, 2017
If you need an additional income that would work around your schedule, this is the best job to have. I also love the fact that you will learn a lot in the different fields of business and life The hardest part of the job for me is when the teacher has a very low voice or very soft spoken and most of all if the accent is so thick you won't understand what they are saying.
Pros
works around your schedule
Cons
Very seldom that you will get 40hrs a week schedule
Nice Equipments
Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 21, 2017
This university has many laps with a lot of machines. Desire place if you want to know about manual machining, or CNC machines. Also has many 3d printers available.
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
Open Area
I love an efficient and fast paced working environment
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 20, 2017
I love to be able to handle multiple projects in a work setting thats efficient and fast paced. I love working with positive & enthusiastic employees
Pros
fast paced
Cons
computer and internet go down and I wouldn't be able to do my job
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Administrative Assistant
Design website for Educating Hispanics Students Project
Prepare learning materials, equipment and set up computers for scholarship recipients
Attend on and off-site trainings and workshops
Provide general support for the grant as needed
Workplace Culture
Digital Collections Assistant- Oviatt Library (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Great workplace culture with supportive colleagues.
Flexible working hours.
Good to learn new things and gaining valuable experiences.
Great Place to teach and provide help to other students
Peer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2017
The peer lab assistant position mainly focuses on providing materials that require authorized use to students. It also requires you to help students with computer aided software such as MATLAB, OrCAD/PSPICE and LabVIEW.

CSUN's peer lab assistant position helped me learn many software
tools that helped me cultivate my engineering abilities.
Best place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Very nice work culture and management. I was working as an student assistant. I learned a lot as everyone around me was so positive and supportive. I will always recommend to anyone to work at CSUN.
Great place
Finance Committee Member (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Overall it has been a great place to work, I have learned valuable tools to move me forward throughout my career. I look with anticipation for my future workplace to be even more helpful.
This was a great first job
Student office assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 15, 2016
The pay is not great and the hours can be limited. It is a campus job and was a great way to earn some honest extra cash while going to college. It wont pay the bills, it won't cover your dorm. Yet, if you are looking for a way to earn a little extra for little things here and there it is a great job for that.
Pros
On campus if you live on campus or close by, flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Great people, great campus
Administrative Analyst/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 4, 2016
Working at CSUN has been a great pleasure. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there and I am saddened to leave; however, distance from my home, after our recent relocation, requires me to find other employment opportunities.
Pros
Fee waiver; benefits
Fun Hard to get in contact with supervisor
Biochemistry Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 8, 2016
I enjoyed the work but had a hard time getting in touch with my supervisor who I would need to correct my work and help me with the next steps to further my research
Great Work Place
University Ambassador (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 26, 2016
Very very flexible with any sort of schedule and really encourages an environment where their employees can flourish. Located conveniently on campus and provided employees with the opportunity to network
Student
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 4, 2016
This was a great school for engineering. The faculty was amazing! I definitely recommend other engineering students attend this school!
Student Driven
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 2, 2016
Performed administrative and secretarial support functions for Associate Director of Operations in Student Housing Organizes and manages the daily activities, handles administrative matter: develops and implements efficient and effective office practices and procedures, Prepares correspondence independently, utilizes the computer to perform advanced-level word processing functions, Greet visitors, vendors, initiates and answers telephone calls, screen and directs calls and vendors to appropriate personnel responds to request for information from student and staff and the general public regarding policies and procedures, Communications and activities with other departments and personnel, students, vendors and other organizations, develops schedules and services: assembles information, verifies accuracy and inputs or oversees schedule changes, post accordingly, assists in budget preparations, maintains records of expenditures and other financial records. Schedules meeting and appointment for assigned administrator, attends meeting and prepare minutes, receives,opens and routes mail, orders issues and maintain department supplies and forms: orders and disburses variety of materials to other departments staff, Provides training and work direction to students assistant hourly personnel and others as assigned; participates as requested in hiring personnel; coordinates activities between the administrators and staff and students. Completes and submits forms related to staff absences and/ or leaves and prepares payroll reports; Processes new hires and resignation including request  more... for phones extensions, network, and email, key cards, general supplies. Performs other duties as may be assigned.  less
Pros
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Cons
The Commute
Positive workplace
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 7, 2016
Eager and passionate students. Good facilities. I know some of the other teachers from the animation industry, and I know them to be talented and eager to teach. The students behave professionally and come to class prepared.