California State University Northridge Employee Reviews

Great Work Place
University Ambassador (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 26, 2016
Very very flexible with any sort of schedule and really encourages an environment where their employees can flourish. Located conveniently on campus and provided employees with the opportunity to network
Student
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 4, 2016
This was a great school for engineering. The faculty was amazing! I definitely recommend other engineering students attend this school!
Student Driven
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 2, 2016
Performed administrative and secretarial support functions for Associate Director of Operations in Student Housing Organizes and manages the daily activities, handles administrative matter: develops and implements efficient and effective office practices and procedures, Prepares correspondence independently, utilizes the computer to perform advanced-level word processing functions, Greet visitors, vendors, initiates and answers telephone calls, screen and directs calls and vendors to appropriate personnel responds to request for information from student and staff and the general public regarding policies and procedures, Communications and activities with other departments and personnel, students, vendors and other organizations, develops schedules and services: assembles information, verifies accuracy and inputs or oversees schedule changes, post accordingly, assists in budget preparations, maintains records of expenditures and other financial records. Schedules meeting and appointment for assigned administrator, attends meeting and prepare minutes, receives,opens and routes mail, orders issues and maintain department supplies and forms: orders and disburses variety of materials to other departments staff, Provides training and work direction to students assistant hourly personnel and others as assigned; participates as requested in hiring personnel; coordinates activities between the administrators and staff and students. Completes and submits forms related to staff absences and/ or leaves and prepares payroll reports; Processes new hires and resignation including request  more... for phones extensions, network, and email, key cards, general supplies. Performs other duties as may be assigned.  less
Pros
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Cons
The Commute
Positive workplace
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 7, 2016
Eager and passionate students. Good facilities. I know some of the other teachers from the animation industry, and I know them to be talented and eager to teach. The students behave professionally and come to class prepared.
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant to Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 22, 2016
CSUN is a enjoyable and nice campus to work at. It is full of students so it makes it a lively and nice environment. Staff and everyone are very friendly and helpful.
Supportive environment to students and faculty.
Associate professor- Department of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Los angelesFebruary 12, 2016
Undoubtedly a pleasant environment with strong mission for youth education and emphasis on empowerment of students and faculty in a diverse culture of meaningful values. Pleasant work environment and collaborative co workers. The job offers an opportunity to advance and grow professionally and personally. The challenges of the job include balancing multiple aspect of work and the demands of teaching, service and resesarch.
Pros
Supportive environment, opportunities for advancement, benefits
Cons
pay
Great team to be a part of
CSUN Hockey Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Working with the hockey team was great, I learned a lot and made great friends. However this was a student project. Not paid.
Pros
Being a part of the hockey team.
Cons
Only a one year gig
senior project
Senior Project (Former Employee) –  project leaderJanuary 4, 2016
The work condition is outstanding, i manage to maintain all my co-workers on the same page. I am a great leader and listener.
management
Administrative Support Assistant-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 22, 2015
Management can let you go for no reason at all. Talked to hr and nothing could be done since probation was still active. Companies shouldn't be allowed to do that, just because they don't like you. Very good benefits however. That's all, just beware of probation and management.
This was my University
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 23, 2015
As far as Universities go this school was great. I lived on campus made friends like my professors, no significant complaints could be made about this school. As schools goes it was sufficient in education, personal growth, and career training.
Pretty fun and cool job while in college
Outreach and Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 14, 2015
Love the freedom of the job. Loved helping students who would not otherwise believe they can attend college. Outreach and recruitment was pretty awesome.
Pros
Freedom to do schedue, interaction with students
Discouraging and hostile environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 17, 2015
During my work at The Oviatt Library in my school CSUN I've been through a lot of difficulties such as my supervisor was neither collaborative nor emotionally Intelligent as well as I has some presure coming from my schoolwork. However I have learned how to be patient and improved my interpersonal skills. I'm glad that I had that type of experience.

Most of my co-workers were amazing, in fact I made a lot of friends there. The hardest part of the job was my supervisor and the most enjoyable part was my lovely co-workers and being a Student Assistant where I can help and guide other students and researchers
Calm and Fun Environment
Student Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 8, 2015
I worked on campus at CSUN as a student assistant and had fund meeting new students and helping them with their needs at the computer lab.
Learning Experience
Class Instructor - Biomechanics Lab (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 5, 2014
Good learning experience with a lot of helpful co-workers that will guide and mentor you.
quiet environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 10, 2014
The people are very nice and willing to help all the student assistants.
Senior Design
Mechanical Team Lead - Aero Senior Design (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 1, 2014
Work with large team to design, test and manufacture unmanned aircraft for aerial observation and target recognition.
inclusivle work company that is vert standoffish with new incomers
University Seminar 100 Class Instructor (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 13, 2014
Work place culture is very stressful.
work with students
take orders from supervisors
some co-workers are great!
Hardest part about is keeping your self worth high
working with students
Pros
students
Cons
work culture
Fun work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 13, 2014
Learned how to run an experiment for grad thesis. Learned how take care of different animals, and how a lab is ran. It was fun to talk to the grad students and learn from them.
Pros
learn how to run an effective lab
School Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  NorthridgeFebruary 24, 2014
Great place to work while you are a student. Being on campus makes going to class and studying convenient.
Microbiology Research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I was surrounded by a very motivated research team and enjoyed working independently as well as a unit with my co-workers. Research has allowed me to utilize what I've learned in my undergraduate science classes and use it in the lab to gain hands-on experience. This was very enjoyable for me and I was glad to get the exposure that I got.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University Northridge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4