California State University Northridge Employee Reviews

Pretty fun and cool job while in college
Outreach and Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 14, 2015
Love the freedom of the job. Loved helping students who would not otherwise believe they can attend college. Outreach and recruitment was pretty awesome.
Pros
Freedom to do schedue, interaction with students
Discouraging and hostile environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 17, 2015
During my work at The Oviatt Library in my school CSUN I've been through a lot of difficulties such as my supervisor was neither collaborative nor emotionally Intelligent as well as I has some presure coming from my schoolwork. However I have learned how to be patient and improved my interpersonal skills. I'm glad that I had that type of experience.

Most of my co-workers were amazing, in fact I made a lot of friends there. The hardest part of the job was my supervisor and the most enjoyable part was my lovely co-workers and being a Student Assistant where I can help and guide other students and researchers
Calm and Fun Environment
Student Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 8, 2015
I worked on campus at CSUN as a student assistant and had fund meeting new students and helping them with their needs at the computer lab.
Learning Experience
Class Instructor - Biomechanics Lab (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 5, 2014
Good learning experience with a lot of helpful co-workers that will guide and mentor you.
quiet environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 10, 2014
The people are very nice and willing to help all the student assistants.
Senior Design
Mechanical Team Lead - Aero Senior Design (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 1, 2014
Work with large team to design, test and manufacture unmanned aircraft for aerial observation and target recognition.
inclusivle work company that is vert standoffish with new incomers
University Seminar 100 Class Instructor (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 13, 2014
Work place culture is very stressful.
work with students
take orders from supervisors
some co-workers are great!
Hardest part about is keeping your self worth high
working with students
Pros
students
Cons
work culture
Fun work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 13, 2014
Learned how to run an experiment for grad thesis. Learned how take care of different animals, and how a lab is ran. It was fun to talk to the grad students and learn from them.
Pros
learn how to run an effective lab
School Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  NorthridgeFebruary 24, 2014
Great place to work while you are a student. Being on campus makes going to class and studying convenient.
Microbiology Research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I was surrounded by a very motivated research team and enjoyed working independently as well as a unit with my co-workers. Research has allowed me to utilize what I've learned in my undergraduate science classes and use it in the lab to gain hands-on experience. This was very enjoyable for me and I was glad to get the exposure that I got.
Easy job while going to school.
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 4, 2013
All the information you need to know is handed. Its up to you to internalize it and ask more questions to improve yourself.
An excellent place to work
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 19, 2013
If one ever finds themselves in a position to pursue career advancement through California State University Northridge, take it.
Easy going workplace that is very convenient to ones personal schedule
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 14, 2012
The job consisted of making my own schedule in which I would tutor students in English while also attending their class so that I could know exactly what they were working on. I learned how to be a stronger leader with good communication skills. I did not have to work with co-workers much since we all tutored separate classes. The job was very enjoyable because I knew that I was bettering other college students by helping them succeed in class by tutoring them.
It was alright working there
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2012
The campus was huge and the management had very little interference in my job. I was not told about the guided through the procedure properly.
Unique and Humbling
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 7, 2012
Dynamic environment
Variety of clientele
Challenging
Gave me an opportunity to help people
Make an impact on youth
Mentor adolescents (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 6, 2012
My typical day included studying at the university and going to underprivileged home. I thought the adolescents how to study, envision possible studies beyond high school.
I educated the students about scholarships, assistance and opportunities when attending college.
I enjoyed making a difference and helping our youth into a better future.
The hardest part are family members stoping their children from applying to college..
Pros
make a difference
Enjoyed teaching graduate students
Part Time Instructor in Special Education (Former Employee) –  CSUN CampusApril 21, 2012
Part time instructor in the department of Sp. Education.
The graduate students are generally positive and enjoy learning in their chosen field of study, so are great to work with.

Teaching always provides a chance to organize presentations, do some new research and provide a fun learning experience, so it was a positive opportunity for me to learn more in my field.
Pros
students are positive, encouraged research
Cons
classes run late 7-10 pm
Professional, challenging, rewarding experience working with passionate co-workers in a dynamic environment
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer, Instructor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 17, 2012
I believe Cal State Northridge provided an extremely rewarding and fulfilling employment oppportunity within a professional yet friendly environment. I felt as if I were part of a team working together to achieve departmental goals, yet having independence and ability to take initiative with my duties. Cal State Northridge is a dynamic organization with a diverse, supportive staff that afforded me an invaluable experience.
Pros
staff and co-workers, variety and multitude of duties, team environment, opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
at times male chauvinism, male preferential treatment

4.4