California State University San Marcos

California State University San Marcos Employer Reviews

Great teamwork
Information Technology Consultant (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits, relaxed atmosphere.
Cons: no pay or career advancement.
The culture, particularly among those who have worked at CSUSM for a long time, is very collaborative. People are willing to pitch in offer the best service.
MEP Program for aspiring Hospitality Professionals
Extended Studies Instructor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2013
Pros: student to instructor ratio
Cons: long drive to work
Cal State San Marcos Extended Studies Program consistantly provides a solid base of instruction for individuals looking to enter the Hospitality Industry. The intimate classroom experience taught by Professional within the business is the key to its success.
Great Opportunity and Learning Experience
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAFebruary 4, 2013
I learned how to use my personal judgement to assign grades to exams.
An effective, fun learning experience at the Hope and Wellness Center
Intern (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAAugust 30, 2012
At this internship, I learned new and effective skills to promote health to the Cal State University San Marcos students. We would do orientations for incoming and transfer students about what the health center can provide for them. We would also do monthly blogs about health that would relate to current events (Fourth of July, back to school, summer – more... plans, etc)
I learned how to recruit other agencies to come and promote themselves to my university. Also, I have learned how to blog and to do proper orientations. While interning here, I became more organized and knowledge about my overall health.
Since I was the only intern, I only worked with my supervisor. The most difficult task I had to do for her was that orientation. Speaking in front of a large crowd makes me nervous. In the end, I was able to go through with it with the help of my supervisor. Other than that, I have enjoyed interning here. Making others aware of their health and wellness was a great learning experience for me. – less
Productive workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: gained office setting experience
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would involve me creating, sorting, and filing students academic information. I learned how to be even more organized. Co-workers were very easy to get along with!
Engaging environment
Student Teacher and Tutor (Former Employee), San Marcos, CA USAJune 24, 2014
Pros: inspired by the development of the children's learning
Assisting the teacher in a comprehensive program to meet educational, emotional, social, health, nutritional, and psychological needs of children. Maintaining a positive, calm attitude and a soft voice, and encourage this attitude and voice in others working in the classroom.

Sharing in the development of the students was the most enjoyable part of – more... the position. – less

About California State University San Marcos

CSUSM is the fastest growing public institution in the State of California. Located in Southern California in North County San – Read more