California State University Stanislaus Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work Place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 17, 2017
Working was okay, hours got dropped a lot. From about 15 hours to 5 hours a week. Supervisor was nice but had favorites, and would get mad when I would be early for work. It is a great job to start at when trying to get some extra money while going to school. Would not recommend this as a full time job.
N/a
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95202September 7, 2017
didn't work full-time or long enough to get a real feeling of the environment or logistics. Nothing much to say, a lot of personal change, unsure why.
Depends on the Department
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 8, 2017
Depends on the department , but usually a great place to work. However, getting your foot in the door can be nearly impossible unless you have networking experience on the campus. It's easier if you are a student assistant first while attending the university, but no matter what, job selection is done by favorites a lot of the time.
Fun
Computer Science Teaching Associate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 29, 2017
Great environment and achieving success through out teaching various computer science courses in software engineering and data analysis . Students success is rewarding !
Pros
The best you can do is to teach
Cons
One of the best places to work for.
On Call Laborer (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Although the work is few and short due to the on call as needed assignments, It really has been a chance to work with some of the greatest people. They really know what team work is all about. And my director well, he is doing what he can to make sure we keep working. I knew when I started it was a tight budget and that it's only for one year and yes it coming to it's end, I also know it's my foot in the door to gain experience and open new doors.
I can not say anything bad about working for this University, OK maybe one thing, I am not a full-time employee.
But one thing is for sure from the President down to your Lead and everyone in between they make sure you feel appreciated and you know that you are valued as a employee.
Pros
The Benifits for Full-time Employess. And the people you get work with.
Cons
Not a lot of chances to become full-time due to cost savings.
Enjoyable
Administrative Support Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 16, 2015
The time spent there was a great learning experience. There were a lot of friendships created because of the campus and the employees were great as well.
Fun and great overall experience
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 9, 2014
I enjoyed my time working for CSU as a tutor and as a supplemental instructor. I learned valuable life lessons as well as academic lessons. The work environment was very productive and creative. It was an absolute joy to go to work. The difficulties would be not being able to fully meet what a student needed, however the most enjoyable part was when I was able to go back to the student and was able to meet their exact academic need.
Pros
Working with friends, being apart of a team, helping others with my mathematical skills
Cons
Difficult students who don't want to really work and just want answers
great place to work
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 24, 2014
A great office environment. People are friendly. The best part was that they work around your school schedule.
Pros
free coffee
Nice people to work with
Accounting Technician ll/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 25, 2013
I love workiing at the University, my co-workers are the best. I have learned a lot here, and I love the overall atmoshphere. The hardest part of the job is the pay is not that great, and it is almost impossible to get a raise, or advance.
fun job- working with friends while learning all the facets of the Library.
Library/Circulation Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 27, 2013
-Identification and acquisition of library materials
-Preparation and organization of materials
-Bibliographic searching and retrieval