California State University Employee Reviews

Worked as Graduate assistant
GRADUATE ASSISTANT, INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Excellent place to work and learn alot of things professionally. People are friendly and helpful. Also they are supportive and helpful. Enjoyed my time and gained some valuable experience.
A wonderful experience
Psychology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I was employed as a tutor for the department for two years. I enjoyed the job and interacting with the students. I wish I could have had more hours, but the manager worked as hard as she could to give us the maximum. Good manager, enjoyable job.
good
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Best place for students to work.
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family. Work is good and great seniors to guide. You feel you are in safe hands. Management: Starting with the million dollar smile HR, she is an amazing person. Not sure how she manages to make sure eachemployee is taken care of.
Student Researcher
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 10, 2018
It's a student researcher position which requires you to do researcher for a faculty staff member. It's fun and puts your foot in the water to what it's like to be within their field.
Wonderful colleagues.
Perkins Loan Counselor/Collector (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 8, 2018
My main complaint against CSUF was remuneration. However, the benefits package made up for this and workplace culture was excellent. I sincerely regretted leaving this institution.
Love my job, just wish it paid more.
Early Assessment Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 7, 2018
CSUF is a great place to work, I am over qualified, but i just needed a place to work and it has really been a great place to work. Just wish it paid more.
Pros
Love the people I work with.
Cons
Pay
part time worker
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 6, 2018
It is an ok university. folks are allowed to provide input on what courses should be offered to the students which is good. Lot of students go to this university
Part-time lecturer / Clinical faculty (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 3, 2018
In the 8 years I was there, from hire to departure, there were 6 different department chairs for the nursing program. I believe this caused a lack of continuity for the program.
Collaborative
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 30, 2018
It's a good stepping stone to transitioning from student to teaching life. Although you do live in poverty level conditions. You have a good amount of support to back you up when things go wrong. You are given plenty of training so you don't spend time and effort reinventing the wheel.
good palce to work
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2018
I worked as a graduate student assistant. I loved my job and it was very useful working with professors. I gained a lot of experience and knowledge regarding the subject.

Want to know more about California State University?

Ask a question
Good
Chinese Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 28, 2018
I finished my undergraduate at CSU San Bernardino. Overall, CSUSB is a good place to study. The professors there are very helpful and patient. I had a great time there.
Productive and fun
Intern (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Great work environment and room for growth. I believe that this is a great institution with a great mission to be of service and they make a point to put students first. The leadership is phenomenal.
Pros
Work environment
Great environment to work, very positive.
Clinical Site Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2018
The students were receptive to learning, the Professors were professional, supportive and caring. The workplace culture demonstrated respect at all levels and enthusiasm for teaching and nurtured a learning environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students enthusiasm for learning and the receptiveness to new experiences.
Great Benefits
Recruitment Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Having a job working for the State is extremely beneficial because it is great job security and you and your family have fantastic medical benefits...
Great!
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Chico State was a great community to work for. The management and staff are awesome. Loved working for this University! I would recommend applying here.
Work was good match for me.
Employment Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 18, 2018
The staff were knowledgeable I was knowledgeable of the recruitment process. This made managing the recruitment of the various vacant position throughout the University easy to fill and keep the various departments happy.
Pros
Great parking
school
San Marcos, Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 17, 2018
CSUSM was a wonderful school to attended. Extended Learning provided timely information. I am proud to be a graduate from their BSN program and look foreward to joining the workforce.
Highly dependent on campus, division, and manager
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 17, 2018
The campus and division that I work in do not have a lot of opportunities for advancement. A lot of people are in temporary or interim positions and internal candidates are rarely chosen for advancement. Lots of people haven't had even nominal raises in over a decade and it's difficult to justify increases without significant increases in duties.
Pros
medical, work-life balance
Cons
demoralizing work environment
Summer baseball camp for kids
Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Helped coach kids from ages 5 to 14 learn the game of baseball. Days started at 7 and we would run the kids through stretching to begin the day which then rolled into drills. End of the day we played a baseball game. Loved getting to work with the kids and teach them what I know.
Fun, Informative, Challenging but not overwhelming
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I liked being and undergraduate academic intern at CSUF. I would meet with my advisor once a week to discuss how things were going in terms of our projects. Great place to work and great lab mates.