California State University

California State University Employee Reviews in United States

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2016
The chair person is really nice. Work environment is very friendly and relaxed. You get adequate amounts of leaves. Moreover the events organized are really fun and helping students is icing on the cake.
good
Cons
nothing
Great place to work with students on a practical basis
Part-time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 21, 2016
A great educational institution in the University of California System to instruct and educate college level students on ways to achieve their educational and career objectives to be successful in their pursuits.
Pros
Breat work environment
Cons
Low salary
Decent commuter school, lacks opportunities present in other schools.
Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2016
Cal State LA is a decent school overall. The students here are mostly commuters who want to go to school closer to home. Although the education is decent, this university lacks many of the opportunities and resources that are available to students in other schools.
Quality Assurance Internship
LABORATORY ASSISTANT, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2016
A.I. Foods, Inc. is a co-packing and private label meat processing company. At their processing plant, a range of meat and seafood products are made, including Philippine-style foods, like Lumpia and Longanisa, as well as sausages, skewered and encrusted items, plus other products, such as bottled preserves, noodles and frozen vegetables. These products can be found on the shelves of Filipino markets and stores like Seafood City. The A.I. Foods Corporation is owned by a family from the Philippines and has operated since the year 1987. The company has recently received GMP and HACCP certification and is progressing towards obtaining SQF certification in the near future.
Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager, one of the main projects assigned to me during my internship was to write policies and create programs and registers necessary to bring the company into compliance with SQF certification standards and requirements. Additionally, to that end, my responsibilities included writing a mock recall and creating the approved supplier program, maintaining the registers of approved suppliers, as well as contracted services and manufacturers.
Pros
Warm, family environment
Cons
Small company, lack of opportunity for advancement
Typical Day
Administrative Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 10, 2016
There is always something new to experience everyday at work whether it's speaking with a prospective/current student, having the VP of Academic Affairs visit the office or just everyday job duties being performed. It is feels good that everyday, in some way, you will be changing someone's life for the better in higher education.
Great place to gain experience in the working world
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CaliforniaMay 10, 2016
Gained through experience in reception work and handling phones. Also had the opportunity to work with other departments and to increase my skills with may computer programs.
Convenience over Comfort
Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 4, 2016
With all the management changes, and the poor management that was coming in, it was more of a convenience to keep the job than to leave and look for another one.
Pros
Very Flexable hours
Cons
poor management, poor hours
Good
CSU Chico Dairy Management Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 2, 2016
Great environment, but minimum wage for hard work. It is a great way to learn and gain experience. You are limited to 20 hours per week as a student employee.
Pros
Great culture, animals, flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Research Options for Undergraduates
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seaside, CAApril 26, 2016
Great place to work, not many schools offer research opportunities in large number to undergraduate students. Being able to get out into the field in a professional way is an amazing thing.
excellent
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 25, 2016
I absolutely loved this job. Management was very undesrtanding of life events. Was able to meet new professors and staff at the university.

Want to know more about California State University?

Ask a question
Great Place as a Student or Staff
Instructor/Student (Former Employee) –  English DeptApril 20, 2016
Great Place to work and go to school. I had never experienced such a warm and welcoming, as well as knowledgeable, school environment. Once I arrived here I knew that this would be a great place to go to school and work one day.
Teaching Associate
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 10, 2016
Worked as a Teaching Associate for microbiology. I taught a lab room full of students how to perform various laboratory tasks.
productive
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2016
a nice place to work and the people around there are very helpful and caring. Especially the tutorial center provide good academical support to all the people.
been here the longest and i loved it!
Eagle Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2016
very convenient for because I was attending the school. I stayed there for 5 years because I was comfortable there and enjoyed it very much. I do recommend working there at the public safety department
Fine
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 25, 2016
I fairly had a great experience working at ARC because of the following reasons:
1)Work flexibility
2)Appreciation for work done on deadline
3)Great co-workers
4)Improved my skills of communication
Pros
Good number of opportunities
Cons
Pay Check Deductions due to unorganised work, no job security
Great Temporary Position
Alternate Media Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 18, 2016
I worked at CSU San Bernardino for a year and a half while going to school. I worked in the Services to Students with Disabilities (SSD) office as an alternate media student assistant. We were responsible for taking students' textbooks and converting them into all digital formats. We also assisted at the front desk and helps administer exams as needed.
Be Able To Help Students
Systems and Operations Management Tutor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 16, 2016
My work is to guide students on how to solve statistical problems by themselves. I also clarify the main concepts that students could not understand by giving them examples.

I learned that memorizing the concept does not help with the job, but to understand it and adopt it into your job and help growing the company.
Pros
Helping students to understand the concept and adopt it in the real work life.
Cons
Limited work room capacity
Great faculty to work with here in the Mechanical Engineering Department
Aerodynamics Reasearch Lead (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with all the Mechanical Engineering faculty and they provided the utmost support during our research. They provided us with guidance, the tools we needed, and helped us find ways to get money for our projects. The hardest part was trying to fit the final design together and to get parts done by a certain time since the Machine shop was continuously occupied.
Pros
Faculty support, Access to resources, In house Manufaturing
Cons
Budgets
great
International Business Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 2, 2016
I loved attending to this school, I made great friends and learned invaluable information.

would really recommend

I loved this school
Great experience!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Having the opportunity to be a part of real research has been exciting and rewarding. I now have the experience necessary to move on to graduate school and work toward a PhD in experimental psychology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3