California State University

California State University Employee Reviews

Not a lot of Team Work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 26, 2017
Since I was a research assistant, there was no teamwork. The ideas behind the project are great, however there is not enough tool and support to make them happen.
Best Work Envirnoment
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2017
If you're lucky enough to have a good supervisor, you're in luck and they are great supports. Select team leads are very supportive too. This makes all the difference in the world and why I lasted as long as I did. Your surrounding team/coworkers make all the difference too; this is most of your support
CSU fresno
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 22, 2017
Its a great flexible job the provides the opportunity to student to receive extra income.
I have learned a lot on how to treat customers and provide the best service possible.
A fantastic place to grow and learn, great management.
MACHINIST/DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2017
I worked as student Machinist and Design Engineer. I absolutely loved the hands on work and had a tremendous sense of accomplishment building and fabricating custom pieces. I had a great boss who was so incredibly talented at machining, welding, fabricating, and design. This was a great opportunity and I learned an amazing amount of skills while at this job. I also worked with many student teams on there senior projects and was intimately involved with the Human Engineering Laboratory where we tested wheelchairs, wheelchair test equipment, etc. We also designed multiple pieces for the U.S. Paralympic Athletes that trained at CSUS. While at this job I authored or co-authored several pieces and obtained several patents that, of course, were owned by CSUS. This job was fun, exciting, and I loved the hands on fabricating and machining.
Pros
Great people to work with, awesome job for a student intern (payed)
Great work environment and best management
Student Financial Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 21, 2017
Very flexible with school and other responsibilities. Management is caring and willing to work with schedules. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult/rude customers.
Quiet and productive workplace
Research Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 19, 2017
I learned how to get work done without any need for supervision. The hardest part of my job was the lack of interaction, while the most enjoyable part was the peaceful work environment.
Easygoing Company
Instructional Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 16, 2017
Although my job can be hire stress, I have quite a bit of freedom to explore what is best for my students. A lot of times there seems to be lot of red tape, but it is also understandable.
Worked as Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2017
Working as a Graduate Assistant was very beneficial since I gained a hefty knowledge under the guidance of my professor.

Being a protege of well-acclaimed professor leads to the well academic grooming and as a result, I came one step closer to achieve my aspiring professional goals.
Pros
Enjoyed alot
Amazing place
Editor (Former Employee) –  UsaMarch 15, 2017
Fun place to be. Let's make you carve your own niche without least interruptions and push. Great culture and balance. Various skill shop to advance as a person.
Amazing Department with interesting work
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 9, 2017
The work atmosphere here at ISDS department is very good. Also, the projects here allows me to learn more than my usual course work. The best part about the job is flexibility in work hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Intern
Animal Care Assistant Intern Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 7, 2017
To intern is always a positive experience and you can learn a lot. Cal state Fullerton is a great school with many great teachers who will help you a great deal.
Fun Environment
SI Leader (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 7, 2017
While working here, it helps me manage my time more as the work is scheduled around my class schedule. I learned that the time that I work is not dedicated to me, it's dedicated to the students I need to help.
The hardest part of the job was trying to motivate students to at least try. Many students that come for help usually give up before starting on their workload and gets frustrated before even attempting to try. Some see my position as to just give them the answers and that's not what I do.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students having that connection to the materials. It's great seeing the look on their face when they understood the materials.
Pros
Fit around my class schedule
Cons
Hard to motivate some students
Productive.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 2, 2017
I was appointed as research assistant for professor. The project was based on wind turbines. This job has ideally helped me to analyze the technologies that could be adapted in construction field.
My professor was very supportive and very informative.
During this job I have attended many conference such USGBC conference held at Los Angeles convention center.
I strongly believe that this job was very productive.
Productive and great place to work
Professor (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 1, 2017
Student center
Learning base on evidence base practice
Great faculty and staff
Great university
Friendly faculty
Great work enviroment
Cons
Many hands on and leadership growth opportunities
Student Supervisor, SANP (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Really enjoyed working at Fresno State during my college journey. Mostly, I admired the diversity among the student athletes and educating them about sports nutrition.
Productive and Fun place to work
Instructional Student Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CA 92096February 24, 2017
A typical day includes but is not limited to:

Scheduling appointments
Time-management
Educational Training
Customer Service
I was a master's student at CSUN
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Electrical Engineering DepartmentFebruary 23, 2017
The study and work life balance is good. A typical day will go studying new concepts and working the required task allotted to all student workers
Great experience for grad students
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great chance to learn pedagogy by working side by side with instructors to develop curricula. Learn to grade, hold classroom discussions, and provide student support and guidance during regular office hours.
There was never a dull moment at Sac State. Always busy.
Special Assistant to the VP of Admin & Bus Affairs (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 20, 2017
This job was a full 8 hour job. There was always something to do and learn. Everyone got along for the most part. The hardest part of the job was the hurry up a wait on projects we were doing. The most enjoyable part was seeing the job completed.
Pros
This was a career, not a job. Lots to learn and take away with you when you leave.
Cons
Not really any cons, because you make your job what it is. If you make it hard it will be hard.
Great Graduate Program
Instructor / Introduction to the Business of Music (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2017
The Graduate Music Business Program is very willing to incorporate new media and tech law to help students excel in their careers. The administrative staff was also very open to teacher needs including website for documents, speaker passes, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4