California State University Employee Reviews

Great educational institution
Educator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to work at. The administration provides great support as well as technology support. It is well organized and has good reputation within the community. My experience working at Fresno State exceeded my expectations.
Interesting
LA - Administrative Support Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Working in the Office of Undergraduate Studies gave a different perspective to the students life at Cal State LA.

I learned how to process petitions for students. Assisted both the Articulation Officer and the Catalog Specialists in researching classes in Sharepoint, GET, and the internet in the converging process from quarter to semester system.

Co-workers and management were great to work with and always available to answer questions and give direction.
Pros
Convenient, since I am a student there.
Cons
The salary and the fact it was only temporary.
Great School
Business Marketing Student (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 26, 2016
A great place to acquire an education in many different ways. Teachers are highly educated, want you succeed and provide you with all the tools needed to acquire an outstanding education.
Typical Day at P&T
Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at Parking and Transportation would include myself driving and/or walking around campus looking for cars parked illegally. If they were, I would issue them a citation. Another aspect of my job was training new employees. At times, I would create directional signage to assist the public with parking for events.

At Parking and Transportation, I learned to respect my co-workers, my managers, and the public. Having respect for others allowed me to be successful during my time there. It was not hard to respect any of them because it was a fantastic environment and the management helped make it a great environment for us. Additionally, problems with co-workers never arose as it was a friendly environment and everyone more or less got along.

The hardest part of the job was coming to a resolution with frustrated and confused customers after they had received a parking citation. I enjoyed helping them understand why they got the citation or where to go to talk to someone further about it, but it is never fun to be yelled at and blamed for something. Nothing ever got out of hand with myself and the public as coming to an agreement with them was easy.

Parking and Transportation was overall a great experience, and I certainly do not regret spending three years there.
University
Student (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2016
This school provive training and knowledge for students. As an undergraduted students , I am provided many skill to be ready for jobs requirement.
Work
Parking Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 19, 2016
While attending college, this job is a great ideal work study job for any students. Hours are flexible and co workers and management are great. the hardest part was leaving the company and the greatest part was working with the co-workers. we were all treated as family within the company and everyone looked out for everyone.
Amazing flexible and fun workplace.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day will include shelf reading for misplaced and missing books, shelving books that have been collected from book bins and the circulation desk, helping other students find what they are looking for (especially students unfamiliar with libraries), and organizing the back office area where processing occurs. The managers are very nice and very flexible when it comes to students. Some co-workers find a nice nook to do their studying in, other power through their assignments and keep moving. The most enjoyable part of the job is sorting and shelving books although it is a bit labor intensive.
Service learning internships will prepare you for the workforce.
Stay Well at Home Facilitator Intern (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Working with senior adults in an exercise setting is inspiring! Everyone ages at their own pace. Observing the habits of seniors aging well is a gift.
Pros
Meeting wonderful older adults
Great management!
Programmer Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Love the management here and the openness and friendliness toward mutual growth and progress! However, HR is known to sometimes be a pain.
Pros
good management
Cons
poor compensation
Great supervisors, good office work environment
STUDENT PROCTOR (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoy working as a proctor, although many have seen this job as boring. My supervisors are understanding and very cooperative. They know exactly what they are doing and at the same time, they are fun and can be very casual with you. I've been working here for almost 2 years and I never had any problems with the job.
Pros
Interaction with students, learn to work with programs on computers, problem-solving skills, amazing supervisors
Cons
Long hours of sitting
Student Assistant
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 26, 2015
Great Place to study and work. I gained a lot of knowledge. I learned the way the work is being organized and arranged.
The professors are great people to work with.
I enjoyed each and every aspect about the school
Great group of people to work with
Accounts Payable /Commercial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  California State University - San Marcos, CADecember 23, 2015
I had a wonderful experience working with the team members at UARSC, Cal State San Marcos. Everyone respected each other which made the environment so pleasant.
Pros
Respect and appreciate shown by the Leadership Team
best
ta (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 19, 2015
All I am going to say is that it is the best college for Business Major. Great teachers and staff and you can move up fast. IF you study you wil do amazing
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Stress
Very fun place to work
it assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 16, 2015
Very good place to learn and polish your skills. Positive and fun people. I would recommend working at CSUDH for anyone who is looking for a great work environment.
Very fun
Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2015
Loved the management and the staff at the clinic. Came to work feeling happy and enjoying what I did. Only con was how slow it would get.
Pros
Lots of employee lunches and fun
Cons
Slow
Get related Information
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 9, 2015
Connect to our databas and input data and analysis that and
calculate error from experiment. find out how we can reach correct
results. discuss with your co worker.
Good Experience
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 7, 2015
Taught community college for nine years, had an opportunity to teach one class at the university level. If I was asked to do so again, I would in a heartbeat!
Pros
Teaching online.
Wonderful job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 6, 2015
Getting the opportunity to be a Teaching Assistant is one of the best opportunities a college student could have. This positions allows a student to actively promote to fellow students how competent they are in their field, while actively helping them understand all the dynamics of the class they are taking. This is a big plus when applying to grad schools or even jobs, because of this opportunity. Of course this position can be scary or overwhelming, but the benefits at the end out weigh all of the cons
Pros
help with future jobs or grad school
Cons
can be overwhelming
Flexible schedule and descent pay
University Writing Mentor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 16, 2015
Cal State Northridge is a great place to work. The pay is descent and scheduling is flexible.The HR department is kind of a mess, but overall colleagues, and management is good.
Nice environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 10, 2015
I have a nice group of colleagues and a great boss here. I do not feel like an outsider working here and feel very happy working here.

4.3