California State University Employee Reviews

Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 23, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with freshmen students and able to assist them with their needs. It was good to see my students succeed in their goals and understand the value of managing time and school work.
State University to gain experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93740September 17, 2016
I interned here to gain experience right after I graduated with an Environmental Health degree. Its a great place to learn because it has a multiple environments in one area from food, hazardous waste and building code. Everyone is respectful and nice. The work environment was not fast paced at all.
Pros
Good to gain experience
Cons
Limited available job openings.
Good atmosphere but somewhat segregated
Psychology Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 16, 2016
Wonderful laid back school, but it is almost mandatory to make friends because cliques are a natural part of academic life.
Good Place to Start
Administrative Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Faculty AffiarsSeptember 15, 2016
The most rewarding aspect of the job is working closely with the University's faculty. The faculty truly are the backbone of the institution and do not receive the credit nor consideration that they deserve.
Life as a Shipping/Receiving Lead
Shipping/Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  CSU, ChicoSeptember 14, 2016
Daily I receive packages and open to verify contents and match to purchase orders. Enter all incoming into our Arrival system and put in correct route for delivery. Set up routs for delivery staff and make sure all vehicles are in operational. Operate forklifts and pallets jacks on a regular day. Off load freight trucks on loading dock. Enter data on PeopleSoft to approve purchases so Accounts Payable can pay invoices. .Maintain log of Warehouse inventory on Excel sheet and counts of all incoming deliveries to our Warehouse. Keep contact with departments via email or phone when items arrive that require information to process items. Work close with Property clerks on all high value items that need to be accounted.
Productive and fun workplace
Web Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 12, 2016
A typical day would include completing work orders in regards to keeping the website of different departments in the university updated using Content Management System (CMS) and helping clients use the CMS and resolving any issue that they might be facing.
I learned how to use the CMS, interaction with the clients (includes staff and other student assistants).
The advanced level of the CMS was handled by my co-workers,i.e, the work orders which includes things for which I was not trained for.
Everything in my job was enjoyable as I learned new things almost everyday about the CMS.
Productive and Fun
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 8, 2016
the most enjoyable place to work. My supervisor was the best supervisor ever, very humane and helpful under any circumstances. I would love to go back to work there again.
Cons
Hard to find parking
Strive to achieve your best
Notetaker for SSWD (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2016
California State University, Sacramento gave me the inspiration to expand my professional goals

The instructors were open, friendly and helpful

I was able to access a wide variety of information about my chosen profession
Its a Great experience to work as a teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 5, 2016
Its really interesting to work on students quizzes, there assignments, maintaining their attendance, working on excel sheet,handouts etc. I could understand how necessary and important it is to work on time without any errors.
Excellent Workplace
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2016
Enthusiastic environment. supportive co-workers.
Helpful professors. Nice location. Availability of resources.
Amazing workplace
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2016
Supportive co-workers, Conducted Lectures, Performed Practical, Organized Students Records, Maintained Lab equipment.
Tutored students in understanding concepts of Single/Multi Cycle Datapath, Computer Architecture ISA, cache memory organization, instruction execution and pipelining.
Fun and joyful working in an institution highly rated with much competition from without and within
Tutor (Current Employee) –  California state University, FullertonSeptember 1, 2016
I am currently working here. It is a great place to gain experience as it opens roots to the outside world. So far I have learnt how one has to stoop down to the levels of others for them to be able to explain the subject better.

As per now I really don't have any challenges yet since I have been able to tackle every thing coming on my way.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Mentor Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 1, 2016
Productive and fun place to work at. I learned how to serve students from different backgrounds, met important people, and learned about other departments and procedures this campus has. Supervisor was always concerned for her staff and accommodated work schedules as best she could.
Awsome school, Commuter school, great professors
Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2016
If your a marketing major look up Tony Versillo. Awsome professor he teaches from personal experiences and is a successful person. All the other professors are awsome.
Good to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 19, 2016
Working as research assistant lead me to learn new things, working individually and in team, working with higher officials, taking initiative steps and proceeding forward
New people ,new friends , new cultures
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 16, 2016
It was all together a new experience working at california state university fullerton. No pressure best environment to work in. I used to work with people from various countries such as america, mexico, france, germany, england etc. I leaned about their cultures , shared each others food with them. It was fun working at cal state fullerton along with work
Productive workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 16, 2016
As a student assistant, I was rendering 3D models of different construction drawings using Revit Architecture. Most of the drawing were residential buildings. Also, AutoCAD was using for 2D drawings.
Good work place where I gained Knowledge
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 14, 2016
It is my most successful period where I can work with lots of group management technical skills with the co-workers and could do all the work in time which was appointed to me.
Work was great pay was okay
Event Coordinator/ Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2016
Worked as an Graphic Designer/ Event Coordinator for Long Beach State, under department of Engineering as a student. Only con was the paychecks being late as well as the pay amount
Pros
Fun Enviorment
Cons
Long Empty Hours
Diverse staff with a rich tradition
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2016
I found every department helpful and supportive. Teaching online requires non-traditional support, there is always someone to help problem solve. Being off campus is the greatest challenge, however the joy of being available for students online makes it worth all.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Located off- campus

4.4