California State University Employee Reviews

Graduate Student Assistant / Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 23, 2017
Balance work life
I learned lot of math and stat subjects
Management is excellent
Workplace culture is competitive
The hardest part of the job is maintaining balanced culture
Trabalho voluntário de grande aprendizado
Estagiária (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA, USJuly 21, 2017
Trabalhei como auxiliar voluntária de pesquisa de verão na Cal State e pude perceber que a universidade é séria e bem organizada. Tive um ótimo relacionamento com o meu orientador de pesquisa e com os meus colegas.
Pros
Grande aprendizado
I enjoy the work but am undercompensated
Part-Time Lecturer of History (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 19, 2017
California State University, Long Beach is a great place to work in terms of environment and educational freedom. The only problem is the poor compensation of part-time lecturers.
resources were scarce but everyone leaned in
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2017
get in by 8 leave at 10, M-S. Learned molecular biology, plant physiology. Management was best balance of management and leadership. Workplace culture was super supportive, helpful and fun. Hardest part was trying to do work in funding limited conditions. Best part was making things work as a team.
Pros
incredible team work
Cons
limited resources
The most enjoyable part of the job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 18, 2017
I love working with students. It is truly awesome to help students grasp new concepts, think in different ways, and actualize their true potential. I also enjoy working with data to show how students are progressing and meeting department as well as institutional learning goals.
Love the working environment
Web Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
The Student Life and Development at Cal State Long Beach is a great fun place to work at I truly enjoyed being a part the team. As a web facilitator I assist Organizations with services including BeachSync website requests, creation, editing and accessibility/ ADA Compliance, conduct workshop for student organizations, set up and maintain BeachSync registrations for Student Life and Development hosted events.
Good benefits
Employment Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2017
Worked for several years in state based public school system
Application and hiring process takes 3 to 6 months but the benefits and time off are above average
Good place to work while you're in school
Communication Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 15, 2017
It is a great place to work when you are in school, but after that run far away. The administration is awful, they don't care about majority of their students, it's all about the bottom line.
Productive and great place!
Peer Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaliforniaJuly 12, 2017
A typical day working for CSUB Housing is always fun and productive helping student residence with their financial needs to help cover cost of room and board. Learning during staff development has also helped me become a better professional and helpful when speaking to people. The management is AMAZING!!! I have never loved a place of business such as this. The hardest part of the job is letting students know that their is no other aid that they are eligible for to help with housing costs. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have a safety net with housing and management is willing to get you to the next level whether it's at CSUB or another place the goal is to have you be successful as a person.
Very nice and productive environment to work and learn
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 12, 2017
Very nice and productive environment to work and learn. Very nice to interact with fellow graduate students, lab-mates, and undergraduate students. Faculty and staff very nice and helpful. Very nice lab professor.
In nutshell good!!
Fullerton, Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 7, 2017
if it is part time 2-3 day in week
you will learn a lot over there, you will get opportunities to meet various people from other background.
you will in touch of some expert professor, at same time you have experience curse of management
Many opportunities to advance in science
Graduate Fellowship Researcher (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 7, 2017
CREST was able to provide a full ride to me, as well as, had me present my thesis research multiple times a year in school meetings and national conferences.
Pros
Encouraging to students
Cons
Communication problems
Unparalleled Diversity
Greek Life Advisor/Cultural Groups Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 7, 2017
Hands down one of the best places to work was California State University, East Bay. The unique culture is the perfect balance of a large University married to a small liberal arts college. Staff and faculty offered many opportunities for collaboration and the campus is still growing.
Pros
Students, Healthcare Benefits, Collaboration Opportunities
Cons
Parking
great work environemnt
Orientation Leader Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2017
boss cares about our development. Its really easy to work here the people are nice. Working helping students is extremely gratifying. The tasks assigned help develop skills.
Great Experiance
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 29, 2017
Worked one on one with professor to co-author research as an undergrad. Pay was low but the experience and knowledge gained were far above what was gained from typical classroom experience.
Productive and Fun WorkPlace
TEACHER AIDE (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAJune 28, 2017
The work environment was fun, and relaxed. I enjoyed assisting and helping students succeed. I was able to apply my critical skills as well as a my leadership skills.
Pros
Helping Students to Success
Cons
No Breaks
Who wouldn't find teaching a gratifying job?
Lecturer of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 26, 2017
Teaching at a university is great is you have the education, qualifications and you can work with practically no supervision. The other members of the faculty, including the chair and my immediate supervisor, are motivated and love what they do.
Pros
Work is very gratifying and I actually use mathematics!
Cons
No job security. They let me go without any warning
outreach
Service Learning Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAJune 25, 2017
recruited service learners for my site
made presentations about my site
organized facilitations to discuss social justice issues in surrounding communities.
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 22, 2017
Great University to get your education at. Great professors and great curriculum for each subject I took towards my degree. I had the best time attending school at CSUF.
Pros
Great education
Cons
Productive and supportive workplace.
Peer Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 22, 2017
Excellent workplace that provides ample opportunity for growth and advancement in a supportive environment.Staff is friendly and are leading experts in their respective fields, providing exceptional guidance and mentoring.
Pros
Great place for learning and advancement.