California State University

California State University Employer Reviews

Good people to work with.
Psychology Lecturer (Former Employee), Turlock, CaliforniaFebruary 23, 2015
My position with Cal State Stanislaus was temporary, one class per semester for two semesters. Students were eager to learn. Faculty were helpful and kind.
Good learning opportunity
Student Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Good work environment for teaching assistants, opportunities to learn/review core copcepts and work with many students. Challenging and fun.
Productive, nurturing, and supportive work environment appreciative of different talents, and personalities.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Excellent management, supportive work environment. I have learned a lot from my coworkers, supervisors, and director. It's been a great experience working with domestic and international students, along with assisting professors in research .
Rewarding
Kinesiology Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Rewarding to advance the knowledge of our future employees. Teaching activity classes is a fun way to make a little extra money while getting students active and excited for physical activity.
Good place to gain useful experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2015
A day a work required to meet the professor of the class. interact with the student. Take project and homework and grad them
The best job of my field...
Teaching associate (TAs) of Mathematics (Current Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good timings, balanced work and wage
This teaching assistant job is best job for me. I am not doing it just for money, but I enjoying that job. I love teaching math to students. It is great experience to teach in different country. All of my department faculty members are very friendly. As far as hardest part of job is concern, there is no hardest part of job. Every lecture is enjoyable foe me, and also students do well in homework and quizzes.
Professional.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great hours.
Cons: it was only temporary
I enjoyed receiving unusual calls that challenged what I already knew.
I also enjoyed training new workers.
Great supervisors.
Fun Place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed working with the university, every day was a new day. Worked with great mentors that i learned alot from. I would recommend people choosing this university for degrees.
PS
Advisor (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2015
I liked the people and the new opportunities they had to grow in the organization. I liked the experience and the coworkers I worked there with.
A great learning experience along with my masters
Analytical Research Specialist (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 6, 2015
The job responsibilities here helped me learn n implement skills which I learn in the classroom in my masters, which i can directly implement at my work space.
Fair environment
Africana Studies Deptartment (Current Employee), Carson, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: work reliability
Good rapport with my colleagues, interdisciplinary department has a academically diverse faculty. Students seem generally interested in doing their best.

Work environment is fair. Good neighborhood.
Unstable schedule and extremely low pay
Part Time Lecturer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: teaching a subject i'm passionate about
Cons: rate of pay and students who didn't care
As a part time lecturer, course assignments were given either a day or 2 before semester began and, at times, after semester began. Schedules could be difficult to maintain. For example, for two semesters my classes started at 8 AM and my last class ended at 10 PM two days a week.

While it was difficult to deal with the students who didn't care or were seriously unprepared for the level of learning required, it was extremely gratifying to watch other students devour lessons and far exceed course expectations.

Rate of pay was almost criminal.
gained knowledge and positive approach of working in team.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Day at work is been spent positively with all the cooperation and success in projects with the team mates and manager.

I have Learned the technical and practical working of Modules in multi national companies., Moreover learned about CRM .

The most Enjoyable part of Job was working with the Mentor, Team Lead and team mates in a very efficient way without and ego problems and because of their helpful nature I have engraved this positive helpful attitude for my future working organisation and team.
Redesigning website, while building strong lasting relationships
Public Affairs and Communications Specialist (Current Employee), HaywardJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day starts with me receiving dozens of emails from deans and department chairs requesting written copy on various topics, print layouts (brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, etc...), web add-ons, and consulting. By noon I turn my attention to web design. I have held several meeting outlining suggested improvements for the website. Student outreach is a big topic that I am also looking into.

My current position has taught me to be very self-sufficient. The position has been vacant for over three years so becoming 2015 compliant has been my #1 task. Working within the confines of a CMS has also been a challenge but I am now fluent in Cascade.

My coworkers are a pleasure to be around, which makes my experience at CSUEB one I will cherish.

The most challenging part of my current position is working with administrators and faculty to agree on concepts and design layouts.

What I enjoy most is developing and designing websites. I also enjoy analyzing how information is viewed. I am currently working with Google Analytics to identify which print material drives internet page views.
Cool job
Shipping/Receiving Assistant (Current Employee), Turlock, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Come in as a part time employee to help get by to finish my Bachelor degree here at Stanislaus. The co-worker are friendly and push themselves to succeed and graduate from here.
A Lot to learn
Teaching Assistant and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), long beach, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Could learn a lot from the Highly professional work culture with the full time professors. was also exposed to the the students and had the experince to train.
Great Place for Higher Education
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: staff, research, higher education, resources
I had a great educational experience at CSULA with great mentors, professors, researchers, and staff.
Nice place to start
Financial Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Working at CSU Fresno is a nice place to start your career - they are very flexible.
Very Friendly Work Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: work pressure
very friendly people and respect each and every individual's problem.
Great University
Student Officer (Former Employee), HaywardJanuary 2, 2015
On campus jobs are amazing! I believe everyone should have at least a part time at the school they attend. It saves the commute and helps you stay connected. It also is a great way to network.

1 2 3 4 5

About California State University

The California State University offers unlimited opportunities to help students fulfill their personal and professional goals. – Read more

California State University Photos