California State University Employee Reviews

Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 17, 2017
The managers are really understanding of your schedules. It's a great job for college students! You build your own schedule of when you can come in. The professors were amazing as well!
Pros
Great atmosphere, lenient to schedule change
Cons
very slow
Productive and educational work environment
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 17, 2017
Working at California State University, Long Beach helped me figure out what I wanted in my career as well as help me decide the factors that determines where I want to work. It is a place that will allow insight to the working field but will also help you learn how to manage working. As students it can be considered an stepping stone to the career field.
Pros
holiday celebrations, parking
Cons
benefits, pay
Student Worker
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 16, 2017
Student workers at CSU East Bay are ensured to be able to balance work and school, but at the cost of being able to work an adequate number of hours. Restricted at just 20 hours a week.
Fun
Donation Caller (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2017
Working for the Long Beach State is plain old fun. Yes it is a bit competitive given the fact that we are calling to help the school with donations coming in, so there is a sense of rushed urgency but besides that, it is a good way to meet friends in college and feel part of a community on campus.
Pros
Free snaaxks and flexible hours
Cons
Dealing with rejection on the phone
I just started this job
Part Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 10, 2017
I just started this job. It's going great so far, great place to work. Since my experience is very little so may not be the best time to write a full review.
Great fun place to intern
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 9, 2017
Going to school and working on cool projects within school was great. You got paid a good amount and got to learn as you worked. Learned more working in the CALVEIN lab than I did in any class.
Great work experience
Student Assistant-Office (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 5, 2017
I loved working at CSUSB. I learned very important working skills and great communication skills. Also i learned how to work in a fast-paced environment. Management treats you with a great amount of respect and you feel included in many important decisions.
The hardest part of my job was adapting to a new and fast-paced work place. Obtaining many new skills was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Provided flexible hours
Cons
No many breaks are given
It is always fun to work on campus as a student
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 5, 2017
I am a full time student working part time on-campus in California State University Long Beach. I am working as a tutor, helping undergraduate students of Electrical Engineering.
Student Assistant, Women Studies Department (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 2, 2017
Assistant to the Department Chair for Women's Studies Program. It is a relaxing, yet fulfilling position and I am learning an unlimited amount of information.
Fun
Teachers Assistant for Infant/Toddler PM Session (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 27, 2017
The center has changed much, but the philosophy and implementation were flawless. Although I have not been back in almost year, and the supervisor and demonstration teacher are both gone now, I'm sure they are still running the same philosophy and goal.
good educational benefits
Assist in selecting and hiring of office personnel (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 26, 2017
Great educational benefits. Once you get your foot in the door, it's not a bad place to work. Management needs more development. Typical work day is 8-5. Workplace culture is balanced. Hardest part of job is training the management!!!! Most enjoyable part is the students!!!
Csulb
LEARNING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 20, 2017
The schools research program has great opportunity to advance your interest in many fields. It has given me pivotal information in regards to applications of my studies, in addition to learning LaTeX for articles and lab reports.
Pros
Networking, community, advice
Cons
commuter campus, small college for physics
Lifeguard
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 16, 2017
Supervision of the aquatics facility, maintaining cleanliness of the pool deck, first aid/CPR when necessary, basic swim instruction, customer service.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
horrible boss, but new guy filled in
Great Starter job.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2017
The job was perfect for any student who wanted a job with flexible hours. This job and it's management will provide you with skills that will assist you many years to come. The staff really cares about your success and is ready and willing to give you advice.
Pros
Flexible hours.
take it
Student Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 9, 2017
just take the job if they offer you the job. many people would want to work there and if they like you enough to offer you the job just take it. ok. ok.
fun place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 6, 2017
i like working in California state university. The working schedule is very flexible and relaxed. Managers are very good. Working and study life is very balanced.
Relaxed and Out of Mind
Administrative Support Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 6, 2017
Working at Cal State University was relaxing and not stressful. Everyone left at 5 because the work was there tomorrow. Never a stressful time. The pace was nice.
Workers were all very inviting
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 29, 2017
The workplace culture was fun. Everyone was very helpful. There was a lot of independent work. You must be a quick learner and know how to handle things on your own.
Great job for an Engineering intern; I learned a ton here.
MACHINIST/DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2017
This was a great job for an Engineering intern. I learned so much working here in the machine shop. Great management in fun and relaxed atmosphere. Everyone was fun to work with and knowledge was shared readily.
Pros
Fun and relaxed with learning opportunities.
Cons
Temporary job while in college
Great Place to Do Research
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 28, 2017
CSUN is a great place for new students to get into cutting edge research. The professors are more than willing to train and work with you. You will get the tools you need to specialize and learn more about your field.