California State University Employee Reviews

Great Learning Environment
Degree Audit Student (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 19, 2017
Admissions and Records at CSU Dominguez Hills is an amazing place to work for many reasons. As a student worker I had the opportunity to work with amazing supervisors who were deeply invested in the success of their student workers. They often gave opportunities that would enhance your experience working in an office environment. This allowed the students to earn professional experience that would assist us when we graduated and pursued careers of our own.

A typical day involves catalog analysis, data entry, and checking in with your supervisor about your progress. More experienced student workers are given opportunities to train newly hired students. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with passionate people and the hardest part was memorizing procedures for certain catalog updates or errors.
enjoyed the campus wok experience
Administrative Support Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 17, 2017
Good people, great atmosphere, good benefits.
Enjoyed the holidays off.
I was able to advance my knowledge in learning while on the job.

I would work there again.
Nice
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 17, 2017
I did a one year cancer research at this University. I did the research to earn course units. The research was good. I would do it again and again and again.
Project gear up
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2017
Loved working here. It was only a part-time position, however, they worked around your class schedule. Staff was always friendly and professional and the environment was usually calm and relaxed. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the grant for the program was not renewed, so there is no GEAR UP located at Cal State L.A. anymore.
Pros
Great staff, free-lunch(at times), flexible hours
Cons
Only part-time available for college students
Chill environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 15, 2017
Working in the student life and leadership office was very enlightening. I felt like I learned more then I actually worked. This was refreshing because they were preparing me for work beyond being a Student Assistant.
Great for students
Research Lab Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CA 91330August 15, 2017
Ample time to work on homework while assisting other students in a research lab setting. Flexible hours, usually working alone, easy to communicate with supervisors and coworkers.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
no room for advancement
Easy going job where you can make your own schedule
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 15, 2017
A typical day of work consists of meeting with a Professor, picking up a folder full of work and then when I had an hour or two of free time I evaluated and graded an assortment of assignments. The best thing I got out of this job was the appreciation of having neat and organized work.
Pros
Had the opportunity to make your own schedule
Great Entry-Level Position
Administrative Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 14, 2017
Working for an extension campus allows you to focus on students and guide them towards success.

Great team work and communication among the small campus.
productive and fun
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2017
It is an amazing place to work.
Everybody is friendly and helpful
You get to learn a lot.
Management is understanding and flexible.
Great work culture having great mindset
Productive Fun environment and always willing to train.
Peer Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 12, 2017
This was by far the best job I have had in a long time. Great co-workers and awesome staff development. Work culture was great always willing to help staff grow.

Want to know more about California State University?

Ask a question
Clinical psychology internship
Clinical Psychological Evaluations Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2017
Great way to learn the basic skills needed to become a clinical/counseling psychology. Due to the job responsibilities, this position teaches individuals how to have great interpersonal skills that can be transferred to other areas of employment.
Fun & Team Oriented Working Environment
Office of the Chancellor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CaliforniaAugust 8, 2017
During my time employed under CSU Chancellor Office, I love the working environment because I received love and care from my boss and my coworker. I would highly recommend to others to work there.
Pros
Team Oriented
Cons
Less Hours
Doctoral Intern at Counseling Center
Pre-Doctoral Intern (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 7, 2017
Challenging internship requirements. The staff was wonderful and welcoming, great supervision, excellent benefits, great training. At times the work life balance did not seem to support self care.
Caring Supervision
Faculty Advisor/Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2017
Supervision is supportive and responsive to a new employees needs. The hybrid class I teach fits the needs of the students in their academic career. My fellow coworkers are their for the right reason. All of us work hard despite the low compensation.
Good starting experience
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 3, 2017
Working on a university campus gives you entry level skills needed to enter a professional working environment while simultaneously working around the student's work schedule to ensure that they are productive as both a student and employee.
It's a rewarding when assisting students in attaining their educational goals
Credential Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 2, 2017
The beginning of a semester can be very busy with students finalizing their schedules and classes. However, depending on the job it is rewarding to watch/track students and aid them in reaching their educational goals.
Excellent School
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 1, 2017
Excellent school. Provides many resources and job opportunities for its students. Mild stress and great learning experience. Affordable. Appropriate location.
good training opportunities
Professor of History (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 31, 2017
The students at CSUF were very good, and it was a stimulating environment for teaching as well as learning. The management culture was mostly positive, as long as the instructors showed up on time and held the class to the allotted time.
Pros
Very stimuating work environment
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
Good for students
Information Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2017
A place that helps with the student experience and allows currents student to work in between classes. Can be stressful if taking a lot of courses, but supervisors are extremely lenient for time off.
Works well with school schedule
CBEST Tutor, SSE Tutoring Center (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 29, 2017
CSUB on-campus jobs are flexible with school schedules and more than willing to work with students. Things can get slow, especially during the summer and winter breaks, but the people you work with are very supportive and helpful.
Pros
on-campus, flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, slow