California State University

California State University Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2017
CSU is a very flexible and comfortable place to work. The benefits can't be beat however the actual pay is not that great. Job security is another huge plus.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Cons
Pay, Advancement
Great Place to get an education from.
Volunteer, Graduate Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 20, 2017
A fun place to go and get your education from. A place where one is surrounded by multiple programs and student support services that help you accomplish your educational goals.
Accounting Technician III (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Great play to work. You are constanly helping others rather its with financial issues are just how to apply for student loans. I loved that it was easy going but very much of a asset to the company.
Pros
pay
Cons
Not being able to help everyone
Great Atmosphere and Wonderful People.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work, the Chancellors Office relays information to all 23 CSUs. There is a lot of connection between the CO and all of the CSUs so it is an awesome way to network within higher education.
Fun working with experts
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I was guided very well how to tackle customers issue and provide them technical support. Working with the customer helped me develop my customer skills.
Productive and Educational Work Environment
Classroom Technology Services Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Working at Classroom Technology Services gives us hands on experience with IT and AV equipment as well as the opportunity to help faculty understand the technology.
Pros
Flexible hours, Hands on experience
Great
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Psychology & Marketing DepartmentsJanuary 13, 2017
Great job to have during grad school since I lived on campus and would not have been as reliable employee for a business that was off campus. It was also quite flexible regarding when and how much I worked per week.
Pros
Made my own schedule, already on campus, flexibility
Cons
lots of work, stressful during finals when I had to proctor exams and had my own exams
Solid Place to Work
ESL Instructor (Non-Credit) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time teaching in the ACLP/ELP department for 3 years. The pay was also decent. However, at the end of every term there was always some worry that my hours could be reduced, although they never were, but it happened to others while I was there. I had some great colleagues and teaching all the international students was rewarding.
fun work place
MATHEMATICS TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 9, 2017
I love helping people, especially when someone gets a great accomplishment. I learned how to be patient with fellow classmates or new students. The most enjoyable part of the job is be part of someone success.
Pros
stress free environment
Cons
pay and benefits
Good place to grow
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Best place of all colleges. Good co-workers. Learnt alot about being professional. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team.
Pros
Professional
Great school
student (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Cal State, San Bernardino was a great school while I was there. The teachers are so willing to help you in classes as well as with decisions for your future.
Pros
Great school
Cons
none!
Enjoyed working with everyone, including staff, faculty and students
Admiinstrative Support Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Answered phones, responded to emails and phone requests, ordered supplies and equipment, typed correspondence, set up meetings, managed general office funds, handled travel arrangements for staff, worked with outside visitors which included contractors, inspectors, architects and vendors.

I enjoyed working with my officer co-workers and had a great supervisor who was always very supportive of me. I enjoyed helping and supervising our part-time student helpers who were very much a part of our team.
Nice Insitution
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Good overall culture. Friendly people. Less event compared to other institutes. Departments are not active. They don't keep contact with alumni.
Best Part of Growing up
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day was sorting threw papers, helping the student workers get done what they needed to accomplish for the day and things that needed to be done before the school semester started again
Lecturer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Pay is good, the students are nice normally, I love the environment and large trees.

The buildings are old and smely but they still look nice. A large and nice library and lots of support for trainings and workshops.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Considerate faculty members
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Monterey Bay, CADecember 28, 2016
Nice place to work. Other faculty members are bright and supervisors are wonderful people. The classrooms offer a diversity of space. iLearn gradebook support folks are the best and willing to assist at even a moments notice which is really appreciated. If you are adjunct the pay is really, poor and there is not much job security. The plus side- you can use your creativity in the classroom which is liberating.
Pros
great health coverage
Cons
Very little parking... not even for faculty which is frustrating. Wages are really poor- in general.
awsome
Student Intern; Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93721December 28, 2016
Great experience as an intern. I enjoyed working outdoors. Visiting with students and meeting new clients. I assisted in many published research projects winch helped me develop productive research skill.
wonderful experience working
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 22, 2016
Got to learn a lot...Team work...sharing of experiences....interaction with people from different parts of the world and their way of thinking and doing work helped a lot improving my knowledge.....work made fun was the best thing.....no burden.....never felt i was to do my job since i was enjoying it....everything made to a person's comfort zone.
Very rewarding to work with Credential Students
Administrative Support Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 13, 2016
Over the period of 21 years I have worked with our future teachers in California that have earned their teaching credentials. I worked with students, full time and part time faculty over the years and other staff members of the College of Education.

Frank Vargas
Nice
Volunteer Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2016
• Helped in managing every activity related to orientation like check in, set up ballroom etc.
• Guided them resolving any error on their GET account and getting them enrolling in subjects.
• Shared all the campus information in detail with parents in parent orientation and help them to know more about the college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4