California State University

California State University Employer Reviews

The school staff provided support for students to be successful in academics
Student (Former Employee), Salinas, CADecember 3, 2014
Attending California State University Monterey Bay allowed me to grow and seek assistance whenever I can. I liked that about the school.
Great Learning Environment and Networking
Student Director of the Peer Advising Center (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: networking and great professor's
Cons: large commuter campus
Student Director of the Peer Advising Center: Created and launched the Peer Advising Center with the Dean of College of Business and Public Administration. Responsible for day to day operations.
— Secured private funding for Peer Advising Center through local corporate sponsors and hired, trained and managed a staff of five peer advisors; also developed – more... self-advising workbook for all students to use during their academic career.

President of the American Marketing Association: Sought after and obtained numerous sponsors for events, and learned fundamental skills to become successful in all aspects of business.
— Increased membership by 500% and acquired sound thinking skills in marketing theory and principles.
— Created marketing plans which resulted in sold out events. – less
Helpful and informative
IT Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 30, 2014
Pros: free print
Cons: stand job
Communicated and identify patrons’ problems and guiding patrons to fix them
Assisted patrons to print out, copy, and scan their documents
Assisted patrons to work with some general software, mainly MS office
Maintained PC & MAC workstation
Diverse and vibrant culture
Sr. Data Warehouse Developer (Current Employee), Hayward, CANovember 30, 2014
California State University, East Bay is a public institution of Higher Education known for award winning programs, expert instruction, small classes, a highly personalized learning environment—and a choice of more than 100 career-focused fields of study. The campus has a diverse and vibrant culture and offers its employees awesome benefits!
Competitive Internship Program
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Long BeachNovember 17, 2014
Dietetic Internship was competitive and comprehensive with a concentration of Nutrition Across the Life Cycle.
Really good course work.
Student Programmer (Current Employee), University Advancement Dept.November 14, 2014
Pros: living is cheap compared to other universities, on campus job opportunities are good.
Course work is good, and teachers are really helpful. On campus job opportunities are good and living is really cheap.
Work for Students
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: good for students
Cons: no full-time job
This the right job if you are students. The staff is friendly and fun to work with.
Fun environment with common interests
Volunteer Work Activity (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 11, 2014
Cons: they served lunch but i couln't partake
Every year I volunteer for this Tae Kwon Do tournament. I make sure the Tae Kwon Do sparring,/forms ring is organized and running properly in various ways. Working in a tournament is a team effort, but there is little supervision. The hardest part was lunch because I'm allergic to part of what they were serving and I couldn't bring a lunch.
Rewarding
President of the Student Veterans Organization (Current Employee), hayward, CAOctober 30, 2014
• Collaborate with the college administrators to promote student veteran academic success.
• Implementations of several Veterans Affairs programs leading to the employment of student veterans.
great place
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 20, 2014
great...............................................................
Great Experience
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 15, 2014
As a SI leader I had learned to jungle classes and teach other students about microbiology. I facilitated sessions 3 times a week, provided office hours 2 times a week and attended faculty meetings throughout the week. As an SI leader I realized what makes a good leader is watching others succeed.
Small school with great teachers.
Senior Design project NASA Marshall (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2014
Good place to make industry connections, through faculty.
Very challenging work environment
Teaching Associate (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: being around great mathematicians.
Cons: you can't survive without being in one of the major blocks competing each other.
It was the most challenging compared to Cerritos College and Orange Coast College. At Cerritos, the level of all students was low and at Orange Coast College was very high. However at CSULB it was half and half. For that reason, I had to spent endless hours to help the lower half to improve and the management was unhappy about the enormous volunteer – more... time I spent to help the weak. – less
Exciting and fun place to work
Graduate Student Assistant - Text Transcriber (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2014
I work as a student assistant at Cal State LA. It is fun, flexible, and the work is manageable. I can attend classes and work at the same time with no pressure at all.
overcrowded school
Student (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 2, 2014
classes were impacted and hard to get. school would of taken too long to get through,
enjoyable place to work
Teaching Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
Productive place to learn and work! very respectful staff. The most enjoyable part of teaching is being actively involve with students!
good teachers, poor managers
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 30, 2014
I liked the instruction and the minds. facility could be better managed.
very productive and fun place to work at
Student Assistant/university Northridge (Former Employee), Northridge, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: able to attend many banquets and free lunch
A typical day would be helping students with their class schedules
setting up advisement appointment. Assist each adviser with their own calender and projects and be there to help and answer students question regarding different programs.

I learned how to assist multiple advisers at the same time. Prepare presentations for the office and how to be – more... a team player

Management was awesome very understanding and able to work around students schedules

Co-workers were fun to work with they made things enjoyable

The hardest part is making sure things are done on a timely manner

The most enjoyable part is being able to help each student and taking any fear or anxiety away – less
Great place to work!
Breakout Session Mentor (Current Employee), Chico, CASeptember 22, 2014
CSU, Chico offers a great place to work as a college student. They work around your academic schedule and offer intrinsically and extrinsically rewarding positions.
Valuable experience, on the job training.
Community Service Officer (Lead) (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: exciting job, valuable expirence
Cons: i wasn't treated well by much of the community. thankless job.
Worked with great people. The police officers weren't just the state cops that patrolled the campus, but they were my teachers. While the professors taught me everything about law, courts, and criminal justice inside the classroom, the cops taught me outside the classroom about working a beat. I got to have real interactions with real suspects, interact – more... with the community, and respond to emergency situations.
On a personal note this is where I decided that private employment might be for me, the environment was very structured and policy based with little flexibility, much like when I was in the U.S. Marines. I prefer a more informal work environment. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About California State University

The California State University offers unlimited opportunities to help students fulfill their personal and professional goals. – Read more

California State University Photos