California State University Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Channel Islands Harbor, CAMay 26, 2017
Fun atmosphere, great people, wonderful bosses, and all the fun and excitement you could ask for. I've learned so much about water sports, teaching, conflict resolution, communication, and so much more.
Pros
everything
Cons
can only work 20 hours a week
Worked as adjunct professor from home.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95816May 26, 2017
Primary interaction with students was on-line. Review of their clinical experiences and questions about the work they were doing as nursing interns. Limited interaction with larger campus community.
Pros
Individual freedom
Cons
Limited opportunity to meet and build relationships with students in my particular role.
Good Place to work
Network Designer (Volunteer Academic Researcher) (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 24, 2017
It good to work;nice environment to go through. Since its a public university ,i volunteered it . it was nice plan to learn and get through your research
It's a fun place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 22, 2017
It's a fun secure area to work at you get to meet new people , really opened minded they help you achieve your goals they push u to the fullest of ur potential friendly place
Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 21, 2017
Great!> Good people and great team work. Great place and privitie. Good thing I was involved with a great team> really knows the industy and good company>
Working as California State University system was well rounding in being able to both work with students, faculty, and administration.
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 21, 2017
This job is hands on, and helped develop proficiency in a multitude of various aspects of running a studio while over 200 students are in and out in a full week. Throughout this job you learn how to work with others, maintain a firing schedule, maintain a clean environment and problem shoot when various tools break, or malfunction.
Pros
Great work/life balance, and access to facilities
Cons
some days could be very long.
Productive workplace
Student Assistant - Department of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was to check if there was paper in the printer and reload the paper. I filed important documents and went to the local cafeteria for lunch.
great campus
Guest Presenter (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 18, 2017
Professors care about their students and encourage learning through various means. Students are challenged to think outside the box with an emphasis on autonomy.
Inconsiderable bosses, lack of time off, horrible break times
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 16, 2017
It was very political job area, if they did not like you, you would get no where, where as if they did, you would be sure to move up. The PPM (physical plant management) staff is very unhelpful, rude, and lied about benefits in the job, they hire less people than they need so the job load is more than normal.
Pros
Cons
Many
Sudent Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 16, 2017
Helping fellow students with their class work was a big part of my job tasks and I loved it. Worked in ITV Classrooms on the CCTV distance learning classrooms. Great work environment for students working to make a little spare income.
Great Place to Intern
Public Affairs Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2017
Being that it was for my internship, it was great. They believe in teaching you the things to need to know in order to have a successful tomorrow. They were very accommodating with my school schedule.
good
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 14, 2017
I was an accounting tutor at California State University, Sacramento. The pay was not bad and working schedule is very flexible. Most of the time, there were always students came and look for help.
Instructor
Full Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 13, 2017
The work of the day is not great with the process.. Teaching four loads a day with over 30 to 35 students per class have not been helping the instructors. The students' learning are important and time management is less for the students and instructors. This job made it harder for the instructors. The students made the class fun but the time management and the enrollment are ridiculous.
Pros
students engagement
Cons
Benefits low
Great school but hard to work at
Minority Opportunities in Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2017
Although I enjoyed completing my bachelors at CSULA, working for the biology department was a nightmare. The new dean is very arrogant and rude. I heard that different departments are better, but since I am a biologist, this place was not for me.
Pros
Great campus, potential for helping minorities
Cons
Too many politics and micromanaging
Great Experience
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2017
Attending Cal State LA as a student I was honored to have the opportunity to be a Teachers assistant for many classes with my major that I studied. It taught me leadership and responsibility. It was always exciting to interact with the students and see them develop in a creative way.

Thank you for opportunity!
Awesome Company
Resident Assistant, Gear Up Inland Empire (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 10, 2017
It is a hard company to get into but once you are in, it is an awesome company to work for. I think pay could be a bit more and the leadership needs more experience on training within staff development.
It's a great place to work, but job security is not always stable.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 9, 2017
For my tutoring job, I am assigned to teach students who need assistance with anatomy and physiology content. For my grader job, I am responsible for grading Statistics assignments and exams. Both jobs have taught me to communicate effectively, time management, and actively listen to others. The workplace culture is pleasant because everyone is a team player. The hardest part of the jobs is how the job security is not always stable. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is the opportunity to work with others and help them with their needs.
Csus
Student Ambassador (Admissions and Outreach) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2017
I really enjoyed being a student at CSUS. Teachers, Professors, Students and Staff are all very helpful and willing to help all. Their passion is clear through their exemplary work.
i worked there as a research assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 9, 2017
nice place, i worked as a RA in CSUF on embedded systems and worked on soldering, Micro Controllers and helped the Under Graduates on that course and i totally like to work there .
Pros
helped me to gain knowledge on embedded systems.
Office Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2017
I was a volunteer I volunteered to gain experience and i gained plenty of experience and gained great friendly co-workers. it taught me great responsibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4