California State University

California State University Employer Reviews

Good place to work for
NETWORK ANALYST II/IT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much room to advancement
Working for the CSU has a lot of advantages: good working conditions, great co-workers and sense of accomplishment in an important sector of the economy. The CSU is great at helping employees get needed new skills and it encourages people to further their educations.
Great teaching experience overlapping with current learning environment.
Teaching Assistant, Geography (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: high interaction with students and faculty
Cons: no collaboration with professor on syllabus and lesson-plans during the summer.
Learned how to communicate advanced philosophies of geography with novice geography students. Facilitated further research and discussion in topics related to my thesis (field). Very direct, reliable management, with regular access to faculty and admin staff. Flexible office hours scheduled based on volume of e-mail inquiries by students. Rewarding – more... challenge of communicating ideas to students of many ethnic and cultural backgrounds, many ESL students, and gauging their ability to grasp and understand those concepts. – less
Ok work place seemed to have favorites
Book store associate (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: work schedule was ok
Cons: pay
ok work place cool people to talk to, but it seemed that if you didn't work there from the beginning you weren't "in"
Great way to challenge your skills and grow both professionally and academically
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 26, 2014
By becoming a research assistant, it is a great way to grow academically and professionally by learning how to research, input, and compile data. Research Assistant are also critical in collecting and analyzing data from numerous sources and databases, identifying patterns, creating and organizing large data sets, summarizing relevant literature and – more... editing manuscripts. – less
Math department
Teaching Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2014
Math department at CSULA is very friendly and close to each other so that work environment is very pleasure to work at.
Full of Opportunities
Student and Social Media Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2014
My stay at Sac State is memorable. I was stuck in my own little bubble and in Sac State I've opened up to opportunities. I've joined clubs, retrieved a officer position in one of my clubs, developed friends and learned how to socialize. My favorite quote is "Why test the water, when you can jump in and make a wave."
Great place to work at
Facilitated Academic Workshop Leader (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJune 7, 2014
Attended several engineering courses and facilitated four or more study groups each week to help the students review for exams and go over core concepts of the course.

Worked in an individual “one on one” tutoring program that offered tutoring to engineering students in different subjects including math, physics, and engineering.
Taught students in discussion classes and Graded papers.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: great hours, get to meet professors.
Cons: low pay
A great supplemental Job while you are attending university due to it's flexible hours and location.
Fun place to work
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMay 27, 2014
Prepare lessons and collaborate with other tutors to help all students.
Excellent Undergraduate research opportunity
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Chico, CAMay 27, 2014
Faculty was very helpful in pursuing research opportunities and in pursuing future oportunities.
Enjoyable and ever-active work enviornment.
Administrative Support Assistant II Temp (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMay 21, 2014
From 8am until 5pm, there is always something to be done to guarantee that the office flows smoothing for both faculty and students to operate and succeed in.

The staff is pleasant and dedicated as well as extremely knowledgeable of what needs to be done that day. They interact well with management, deciphering exactly what the needs of management – more... and other officials are.

As a temporary employee, it is difficult to quickly get up to speed with the other staff members but that is also the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
The BEST sales experience I gained in my college career.
Fundraiser/Student Caller (Current Employee), Chico, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: free food and kitchen, supervisors are helpful and understanding
Cons: refusals can take a toll on you, monotonous answering machines
Working at the call center for CSU Chico has given me the best sales experience I could ever hope to achieve in college. The training you get is only 3 days, but it is the actual phone calls and conversations you have with parents of students and alumni that truly build your ability to negotiate and close a deal. The hardest part of the job is the monotony – more... of it all; some days are very slow and all you do is listen to answering machines, but that just makes it that much more exciting when a prospective donor picks up the phone. Also, you get quite a bit of refusals which can take a toll on you, but with a positive attitude this shouldn't be an issue. The work environment is more like a family than an office; co-workers are given nicknames and bagels/donuts are frequently brought into Saturday morning shifts. There are so many enjoyable parts of the job that it's difficult to just pick one. I would say the experience I gained in terms of sales and sociability has been the most beneficial aspect of working as a student fundraiser for California State University Chico. – less
Productive and fun place to work for
Student Consultant Assistant (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 6, 2014
I learned a lot of hands-on experience when I do the internship in CSUSB. The supervisor and coworker are very nice and willing to teach. Workplace is very diversity.
work summary
Lab Assisstant (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 2, 2014
• Oversee 100 computers for student use, trouble shooting, and software problems.
• Act as an informal tutor for approximately 10 students each shift on multiple subjects.
• Ensure inventory levels of supplies are appropriate for supervisor’s needs.
• Maintain copiers and printing machines are in working order.
Emphasis on Teaching, Research--very customer focused
Part-time Professor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: online teaching
Cons: pay could be better
I teach online. CSULB has the software to help students fit a Masters' Degree education in with their busy work schedules.
Amazing scientific automation system
Researcher (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 24, 2014
I have to stay in a dark room to test different optic samples every day. Besides, when I was in this research program, their automation system had not built in their lab. At the beginning, it was really difficult because I had to learn the programming software (LabView) by myself and create a new automation system in eight weeks. However, my instructor – more... and my lab mates were really patient to help me to finish this research project.
After a few days, I got familiar with LabView and successfully automate the lab. Most enjoyable part is watching lab can run the examination by itself with robotic arm. This automation system does not only solve the problem they had stuck for two years, but also actually improve the lab efficiency and accuracy. – less
Rewarding job teaching first semester nursing students
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 21, 2014
The night before clinical, I e-mail a schedule of experiences and assignments to the students. I provide copies of this to the facility director of nurses, nurses station and educator. I work with the students on their oral, injection medication passes, as well as g-tube feedings.
My lead teacher is amazing, supportive and totally committed to the students.
The – more... hardest part of this job is grading all the papers. – less
Its fun working on campus with California State University, Long Beach
Web Developer (Graduate Assistant) (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 18, 2014
Its a good place to work, less work pressure, good guidance from Managers.
Nice place to start
Web Master/Programmer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 14, 2014
Nice place to start, can be a stepping stone to future prospects.
Student Assistant for Center of International Education
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 12, 2014
• Under supervision, processing applications using Oracle PeopleSoft.
• Communicating with wide range of students via emails, phone calls and in person queries.

1 2 3 4 5

About California State University

The California State University offers unlimited opportunities to help students fulfill their personal and professional goals. – Read more

California State University Photos