California State University Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work at
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2017
My manager had thought me a lot about managing a team of employees. How to get them to a leader and think like a leader not a follower. Obtained a BS in Kinesiology from CSULA.
Pros
all
Cons
Fun work place. Good and friendly environment
Data Entry Student Assistant, Advancement Services (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 23, 2017
Good and friendly environment.
Amazing coworkers.
Student friendly hours.
Holiday parties.
Fun work place.
Adjusting, Co-operative and learnt supervisors.
Nice Academic Work Environment
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 20, 2017
First of all, California State University of Long Beach (CSULB) is a beautiful campus located near by the beach. It easily accesses to freeway and the campus has many huge parking lots. When the students are accepted in the Master program, they will be offered with teaching/graduate assistant jobs which they can learn, experience at same time. It's up to the students how many hours they prefer to work per week or which class they would like to teach or they can decide to be a graduate assistant. The students can manage their own schedules which ever work best for them. In summary, CSULB is a nice place to start your academic career.
Great for student workers that have conflicting schedules.
Lab Instructor and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 19, 2017
Management does a great job at working around school schedules.There are not many opportunities for advancement and I have experienced issues with pay
Library
Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 18, 2017
loved tutoring privately while at CSU Chico. Every in the library is willing to help each other focus and work hard. You are your boss and control your hours.
Awesome workplace culture
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 17, 2017
Day varies; learned a lot about my field and working with students; management in the departments I've worked in are great; workplace culture is fun and supportive; hardest part is managing students' personalities; the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students grow and succeed at goals they set for themselves.
Quiet and peaceful place to work and live
PART-TIME FACULTY (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 17, 2017
As a part-time faculty member, I didn't spend many hours in the department. However, the department supported the use of various online tools. Grades, reading material, and assignments were posted on Moodle.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Assistant Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 16, 2017
I learned so much about time management in my current position. No two days are the same and that is something that i really enjoy about my job. My colleagues are very helpful and communicate well the best possible solutions to complete tasks for the advancement of the university athletic department.
Productive and Fun experience at CSU, Long Beach
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2017
I have learned many new things, various cultures, various new technologies, etc. I did my research work on U.S. Traffic System and tried to improve by developing a quarter-sized sensing system which can not only detect the vehicles, but can classify the vehicles as well.
relaxed state job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2017
best part of working here is helping students. days can be relaxed or stressful depending on date such as special event or just regular school day. overall pretty good place to work.
Very motivated and hardworking team.
Peer Advisor/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 12, 2017
A typical day at work is helping students in person and over the phone. We strive to make it easy for every students to have an equal opportunity at education and offer grants, loans and scholarships.
Pros
flexible schedules, great team
Great job
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 11, 2017
Great job I did an intern here for the Journalism department. I was managing the Facebook. I would post daily updates on the page and respond to messages received. I also wrote press releases. The job was unpaid, but was well worth the experience.
Pros
Getting the experience
Cons
unpaid
It is great place to work
IT Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 10, 2017
Good Work Culture, Nice people and great place to learn new things in a n innovative ways. Flexible hours to both manage both job and studies.
As an IT team Student Assistant I explored the opportunity to improve my Communication Skills, Management Skills and technical skills. I learnt a lot about US work Culture and its environment and effective ways to cope up with diverse cultures.
Great learning and working experience.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 10, 2017
Working as a volunteer/ graduate assistant, developing an android application which benefits the society, is lot of fun and exposes to new challenges.
Great Education with a large campus
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 10, 2017
This university has taught me many things during the time that I have attended. I have conversed with a vast array of instructors and students who have taught me how to succeed in my discipline.
This is a school not a job
EcoCar3- Controls Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2017
This is not a job, it was a senior design project for engineering students. We had to participate in different projects to apply the skills we have learned as engineering students.
fun workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 6, 2017
I enjoy the atmosphere. I love my coworkers they are very nice and helpful and I feel like they are my family. I love working with students and I like that they are very flexible with my school schedule.
I enjoyed working here
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 6, 2017
- Fair treatment
- Friendly coworkers and bosses
- Fair pay
- Feedback is given
- good work life balance
- sometimes becomes monotonous
- overall great
Graduate Assistant, College of the Arts (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 3, 2017
Flexible hours, management is understanding of school schedule. Great environment, woke with students and professional staff and faculty. Easy going environment.
Work life Balance
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 31, 2017
Not a full time employee at Cal state Northridge. Was working part time while going to school. Great experience with the school and the staff at my work place.Was a good place to earn my tution fee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4