California State University Employee Reviews

Great experience in the law enforcement field
Community Service Officer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Experience in criminal justice field
Cons: Lots of walking to cover campus
Typical day for me was to provide security for the entire campus of the university. I would also walk the parking lots to enforce parking regulations and issue citations. I learned proper law enforcement radio edict and processes of law enforcement procedures. My management was great, very helpful with questions and guidance. Worked with a great group of individuals, we worked together very well to get done each days tasks. Hardest part of the job was able to cover as much ground as we needed to with just 2 campus service officers on duty. But the most enjoyable part was the interaction with staff and students on campus.
CSUS
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2015
I think the job opportunity and experienced gained at CSUS for students assistance is one of the best things a student can be apart of.
helping out anywhere and everywhere i could never felt better
Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: learned even more than i did the first time around
Cons: all good things come to an end
Assisting in the soc and psych departments helped me learn some very basic aspects of an administrative setting while allowing me to maintain my intellectual curiosity for what i learned and was a thoroughly enjoyable experience! Duties included being there before lectures sometimes to print off exams for students and also helping students learn some concepts that were difficult for them. I worked with some assistants who seemed very apathetic and that was perhaps one let down during the experience. the most difficult part of this experience was frankly not still being able to do it after i graduate. I especially loved helping students learn when lectures weren't quite enough.
Review Summary
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMay 29, 2015
On a typical day at work I interacted with our diverse student population. I learned how to effectively use my time in order to complete all assigned task. My management helped me grow in my leadership skills. The hardest part of the job was managing the high influx of paperwork we received while still attending to the needs of our walk-ins. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the students flourish in their extra curricular activities.
Great place to learn and work
ITS (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: benefits and job security
Cons: none
- Many student based projects offered for engineering
- great place to work at
- good management system
- flexible time/schedule
- job security
Graduate Program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Education
Great educational program to be involved with. A community of like minded people who have a grasp of the natural sciences.
Fun Place to work
Senior Design Project (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2015
Family own business, work around school schedule. They all have a great personality. Treat customers like family. Also, very friendly when they owners are asked when can I find an item.
Work as an Instructional student assistant
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMay 19, 2015
My typical Days Work is to Assist students to understand the concept and solve problems of the respective class in engineering and computer engineering department.
I have learned to keep updated with my knowledge in the field of engineering.
It is related to what i study.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), northridgeMay 17, 2015
the environment is very friendly.Here i have to deal with different students which help me in my growth.Moreover it is related to my course study.It's a nice experience working in University.
Enriching and rewarding experience
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to work on a Special JPL-NASA Project
Working on design, analysis, presentation, communication, hands-on skills, people skills. Everyday using what I have learned in my classes expanded my passion for mechanical engineering.
An Inspiring and Motivating place engaging in Adapted Physical Activity
Aqua Instructor/ Lifeguard/ Pool Care (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, hands on experience, exciting staff
Cons: Limit of hours worked
-Plan, develop and maintain aquatic class program
-Instruct group aqua dance class
-Responsible for safety of clients and staff during therapeutic pool exercises
-Perform first aid and emergency care when necessary
-Assist in the maintenance of the pool and equipment
-I have learned to be patient, open minded, creative and outgoing.
-Management is organized and flexible
-My co-workers are great, I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. Everyone who works at the Center of Achievement is hard working, positive, motivating and strives for success.
-Multitasking while having 3 positions can be hard at times but with an organized schedule it can be done
-Interacting and helping clients, and teaching a group exercise classes are the things I enjoy the most about my job.
Great learning experience which involved wide variety of technologies
Network Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good pay, work independent and in group, wonderful colleagues.
Cons: No benefits and No training.
This job has given me the best of what i have. This job made me wear multiple hats. The learning experience had different flavors of technologies including working on Servers to desktops to laptops to routers to switches to cash registers.
It's fun working here
Communication Webmaster (Current Employee), College ParkMay 3, 2015
It is such a good experience. This will surely help me in finding internship and full time. Learning phase of life. Co-workers are really helpful and always ready to guide you.
Productive and Friendly environment
Web Developer (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAMay 1, 2015
Working at CSUF has helped me grow on my professional front as well as on the personal front. I have learnt how to manage my time and prioritize work based on the project deadlines at work and studies. People at work are very friendly and we have lots of fun activities at work. Slightly difficult situation is when the users come up with requirements just few days before they need it. I say it is difficult as it gives very less time for development and testing. However the best part of working is when i can see how the users use the website and the reports to accomplish their tasks and achieve the results they wanted.
California State University, Long Beach
International Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Collaborative working environment
Cons: Less salary compared to other CSU campuses
California State University, Long Beach is one of the 23 CSU campuses. It attracts most applications in the United States. The campus culture is collaborative and less political.
Enjoyed the work, but the compensation was very low.
Tutor (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Applying the mathematics.
Cons: Low compensation.
Through tutoring students I was able to review and apply the mathematics I had learned. The environment within lab between the students and tutors was very friendly and productive. But the pay was low.
Good introduction to academia and teaching world
Teaching Associate (Current Employee), Hayward, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: good pay for fun job
Cons: disorganized and outdated labs, non-collaborative faculty
I was excited to become a TA. Then when I started, the "elder" TAs were not very helpful and they were extremely condescending and bossy to the newer TAs. Additionally, a grad student who came in the same year as I started sending me emails telling me what to do. Didn't we have the same experience? Weren't we in the same boat? Not sure how she got that role... but somehow it happened.

Academia is super political and the professors are very proud of their PhD. At other universities, professors who mentor you or you do research for immediately ask you to call them by their first name. Not here though. For the last two years I've had to call my advisor Dr. blah blah and not by his first name. The two other places I've done research for, UC Davis and UCSF, both mentors demanded first-name basis.

Grading is not fun. Inspiring students to get interested in science is indescribably rewarding. But grading really is a time vampire.
Great if you have a family
Manager of Auxiliary Accounting (Current Employee), Turlock, CAApril 29, 2015
Family friendly, but lacks focus and communication. Need to develop plans for employees to grow in the future. Campus is beautiful if you can overlook your pay and hours worked.
nice college
student (Current Employee), bakersfield caApril 27, 2015
its a small quiet school, staff and students tend to be friendly. professors seem to enjoy teaching for the most part. the most difficult task is keeping up with school wotk and personal lives
A great place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Dominguez, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: I worked a 4/10 week
Cons: a lot of walking when a pro
I really enjoyed working at CSUDH I enjoyed working in a one girl office.
I loved working for both Chairs
I got along got along with all co workers
Some times I didn't have a student worker and had to run all my errands
Having a choice of working 5 day 8 hours or 4 day 10 hours week