California State University Employee Reviews

business analyst
RA (Former Employee), Long beachJune 23, 2015
• Assisted professors with research projects collected data and maintained data base, prepared executive summaries for reports, and ran statistical tests for hypothesis testing
• Worked with Program Administrator to coordinate study
• Evaluated abstracts, research data from source documents
• Maintained clinical research data into Electronic Data Systems (EDCs)
• Completed Case Report Forms (CRFs)
Good place to be a student worker.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 18, 2015
Overall my time at chico state as a student at CSUC was great. I worked for the Research Foundation under the IT department. it was was very flexible and very understanding of my time, often encouraging me to complete school tasks at work if need be. The management around it was a bit wish-washy but for the most part they do understand that student-workers are students first. And they also try to incorporate the realism of an actual office environment so professionalism is always expected. The hardest part of the job was usually just a busy day when lots of things happened to go wrong all at once and you have to prioritize which ones to get to first. But the best part usually came right after that in the form of lots of hours to finish up homework to get ready for free weekends. Great place.
lack of support
Lecturer-Teacher Credential Program- EDTE (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 15, 2015
Few resources for a technology class. Graduate students did not seem engaged or committed to class. technology was frequently failing.
Providing strong education knowledge and motivating students to accomplish the goals
Graduate Student of MS in Materials Engineering (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly staffs and professors
Cons: Each department is quite far from each other
•The class duration is very appropriate
•Some classes work well with laboratories
•Professors and classmates are friendly and very helpful
•The hardest part of the job is the high load of works and assignments
•The most enjoyable part is the Recreation center where the students and employees can workout to relieve the stress
Excellent preparation for the work enviroment
Human Powered Vehicle Project (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 8, 2015
Being a Student in California State University gave me the knowledge I need to Start my work life, different from other colleges in this country, the fact that part of the graduation process is to have a successful senior project really gives you the trustworthy perspective of the duties as a Mechanical Engineer in the work field, since the project brainstorm, to the designs, and the construction of the machine and the implementation of it to an actual manufacturing process was an outstanding experience.
Quiet and reserve.
Photography Laboratory Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 6, 2015
First I would open of the photography lab. Then start making the chemicals in the back room and also the chemicals in the front room. Change the printing paper in the larger printer depending on what day it is. Then take out all the papers of the release forms that the students have signed to check out the equipment that is due today. Then print and check out equipment for the rest of the day.
Annual Giving CSUN
Director of Annual Giving (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJune 5, 2015
Was great place to work, due to a family illness I was left the job and came back to Indiana to be with family. Building an annual giving program from the ground up is my expertise and enjoyed my time there.
Great experience in the law enforcement field
Community Service Officer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Experience in criminal justice field
Cons: Lots of walking to cover campus
Typical day for me was to provide security for the entire campus of the university. I would also walk the parking lots to enforce parking regulations and issue citations. I learned proper law enforcement radio edict and processes of law enforcement procedures. My management was great, very helpful with questions and guidance. Worked with a great group of individuals, we worked together very well to get done each days tasks. Hardest part of the job was able to cover as much ground as we needed to with just 2 campus service officers on duty. But the most enjoyable part was the interaction with staff and students on campus.
CSUS
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2015
I think the job opportunity and experienced gained at CSUS for students assistance is one of the best things a student can be apart of.
helping out anywhere and everywhere i could never felt better
Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: learned even more than i did the first time around
Cons: all good things come to an end
Assisting in the soc and psych departments helped me learn some very basic aspects of an administrative setting while allowing me to maintain my intellectual curiosity for what i learned and was a thoroughly enjoyable experience! Duties included being there before lectures sometimes to print off exams for students and also helping students learn some concepts that were difficult for them. I worked with some assistants who seemed very apathetic and that was perhaps one let down during the experience. the most difficult part of this experience was frankly not still being able to do it after i graduate. I especially loved helping students learn when lectures weren't quite enough.
Review Summary
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMay 29, 2015
On a typical day at work I interacted with our diverse student population. I learned how to effectively use my time in order to complete all assigned task. My management helped me grow in my leadership skills. The hardest part of the job was managing the high influx of paperwork we received while still attending to the needs of our walk-ins. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the students flourish in their extra curricular activities.
Great place to learn and work
ITS (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: benefits and job security
Cons: none
- Many student based projects offered for engineering
- great place to work at
- good management system
- flexible time/schedule
- job security
Graduate Program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Education
Great educational program to be involved with. A community of like minded people who have a grasp of the natural sciences.
Fun Place to work
Senior Design Project (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2015
Family own business, work around school schedule. They all have a great personality. Treat customers like family. Also, very friendly when they owners are asked when can I find an item.
Work as an Instructional student assistant
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMay 19, 2015
My typical Days Work is to Assist students to understand the concept and solve problems of the respective class in engineering and computer engineering department.
I have learned to keep updated with my knowledge in the field of engineering.
It is related to what i study.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), northridgeMay 17, 2015
the environment is very friendly.Here i have to deal with different students which help me in my growth.Moreover it is related to my course study.It's a nice experience working in University.
Enriching and rewarding experience
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to work on a Special JPL-NASA Project
Working on design, analysis, presentation, communication, hands-on skills, people skills. Everyday using what I have learned in my classes expanded my passion for mechanical engineering.
An Inspiring and Motivating place engaging in Adapted Physical Activity
Aqua Instructor/ Lifeguard/ Pool Care (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, hands on experience, exciting staff
Cons: Limit of hours worked
-Plan, develop and maintain aquatic class program
-Instruct group aqua dance class
-Responsible for safety of clients and staff during therapeutic pool exercises
-Perform first aid and emergency care when necessary
-Assist in the maintenance of the pool and equipment
-I have learned to be patient, open minded, creative and outgoing.
-Management is organized and flexible
-My co-workers are great, I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. Everyone who works at the Center of Achievement is hard working, positive, motivating and strives for success.
-Multitasking while having 3 positions can be hard at times but with an organized schedule it can be done
-Interacting and helping clients, and teaching a group exercise classes are the things I enjoy the most about my job.
Great learning experience which involved wide variety of technologies
Network Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good pay, work independent and in group, wonderful colleagues.
Cons: No benefits and No training.
This job has given me the best of what i have. This job made me wear multiple hats. The learning experience had different flavors of technologies including working on Servers to desktops to laptops to routers to switches to cash registers.
It's fun working here
Communication Webmaster (Current Employee), College ParkMay 3, 2015
It is such a good experience. This will surely help me in finding internship and full time. Learning phase of life. Co-workers are really helpful and always ready to guide you.