California State University Employee Reviews

Student Position
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2015
While an undergraduate I assisted graduate students with collecting samples, filtering their sample, and running it through the IC. I also documented observations made in the field in regards to the sample site.
excellent
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 29, 2015
i am willing to work at this company. i can word with other employees as a team. this will contribution can bring more to the company and improve the environment for working there.
Fast-Paced office, with many opportunitites to assists
Office Assistant, Students (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2015
Having a keen sense of what it means to practice able-ism, allows you to feel compassion for others and assisting them makes you much more suited for a position in the office for Students with Disabilities. As a office assistant you are valued for you knowledge of the campus, its resources, and how to make it accessible to any and all students. This office taught me the value of being dedicated to a mission and how being thoughtful to others goes a long way for students who are on the climb in the world of higher education.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule, Training's
Cons
Limited hours
Relaxed and little stress
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  California State University, ChicoOctober 21, 2015
Have to interact with lot of students everyday. Introduce the assignment that to be done in the lab. Figure out the errors the students run into. Teach them what they are doing.
Productive enjoyable learning environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 20, 2015
Had a great time learning on the job. Peers and supervising staff were very helpful anytime one had a question. Groups are great and get along well. Very open and diverse atmosphere.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay is low.
Nice Start for Experience
Environmental Chemist (Current Employee) –  Canyon Lake and CSU San BernardinoOctober 20, 2015
I have enjoyed my first environmental chemist position on campus because the experience with the instruments have allowed me to develop skills that I couldn't have only in the classroom setting. I feel at ease while the supervising professor guides us with new techniques and equipment. Although we are working with professional companies and need to do quality work, the stress is not high. Like I said, it's an ideal start to a career as a chemist and the surroundings are conducive to growth and exploration beyond that.
Pros
own hours/schedule, familiarity with staff/peers
Cons
small lab
Pleasent Work experience
Teaching Assistant and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  long beachOctober 16, 2015
It was a very pleasent and enjoyable experience working at the caifornia state university ong beach along with knowledgabel professionals.
Routine
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2015
I like that there was a routine with a schedule in order to complete my tasks. Structure is key for me. It was a decent school job that helped me with my organization and management skills. I did not many coworkers, but I can easily get along with them. I think the hardest part of my job is lifting heavy products or equipment. I manage to pull through, I got use to the heavy lifting. I enjoy driving the electric delivery vehicles and van when I go on my daily delivery routes.
Entertaining and productive
Men's Basketball Announcer (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 14, 2015
I enhanced my skills as a Division 1 college basketball announcer at CSUN. The Matador staff was friendly and helpful and the coaches and players were outstanding to interview. I wish I could have announced there for several years.
Pros
Free food in the media area
Cons
Broadcast for only one season
Serious time job, but a good friend is funny in this spare time
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  palm desertOctober 14, 2015
I had the pleasure of spending some time in front of huge campus... I was honored to hear and see the You tube videos, which shows the great socialization of students, extremely graduate teachers, and all working and talking about the pleasure that University and provides all the support offered.
It motivates me even more want to do an excellent job and i hope that this opportunity can be in my hands.
Thanks for this opportunity
Pros
free lunch, clothes, parking...
Cons
nothing
State University with Outdated Leadership
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAOctober 12, 2015
Affordable tuition for students. Faculty and staff seemed to care a lot about the student's success. Leadership was outdated but wasn't willing to retire. Stuck in the past and not open to receiving suggestions on how to move the organization forward with the changing times.
typical job in college environment
Controls Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 8, 2015
I learned from this job, the position was good in the way of daily tasks, routine duties, training, I also got proficient with my skill set, and met a lot of interesting people.
Pros
benefits, vacation
Cons
management, upward growth.
IT is great
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 22, 2015
Although the pay is great the schedules are. And you can do homework at work. Remember you're a student first. And also remember that pay is alot better once you leave.
Exciting and challenging work environment
IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2015
Great work environment and the ability to move up. Management set clear policies and are always willing to hear suggestion in improving procedures and work environment .
Pros
Great opportunity to move up
CSULB
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2015
Great school and teaching programs that help students learn and achieve greatness through the dedication of their wonderful teachers and staff!
Great
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  FresnoSeptember 11, 2015
Any applicant will find a very rewarding experience at CSUF. Many opportunities to do research and connect with students, faculty, and staff.
Very interesting and more of learning .
Android Developer Internship (Former Employee) –  San BernardinoSeptember 11, 2015
Great being a part. Learnt many new concepts and it was a lot of learning.Team was very co=operative. Weekly meeting helped improve our productivity.
Flexible
Pediatrics Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 10, 2015
As a clinical instructor I mostly interact with my 8-12 students at Miller's Children Hospital. I guide instruct and support students during this pediatric rotation, especially showing the difference between adult world and pediatrics. The best part of this job is that I get to see their growth by the end of the semester.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
not full time
Skills
Economics 490A and 490B- Senior Seminar (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 9, 2015
I completed chargeback requests for all three of the groups that reported under the director, billed for event support, tracked a variety of forms, reconciled all of the departments accounts, completed paperwork for the director signature.
Student
International Business Student (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2015
Instructors are very helpful and approachable. The campus has a strong business program. Classes are interesting and captivating.

4.3