California State University

California State University Employer Reviews

a nice workplace with comfortable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CAApril 8, 2014
Most co-workers is pretty nice. You can find a good balance of work and life here since the university has a holiday and break days.
Place to learn
Fullerton as IT Technician (Current Employee), College ParkMarch 27, 2014
The place where you can work, learn and have fun. I was very much relaxed in job and i build passion.
great atmosphere
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), long beach, caMarch 24, 2014
really helpful, worked with my schedule, fun atmosphere. taught me a lot.
flexible schedule
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2014
Maintained account access for faculties, staffs, and students. It's a boring place to work.
Mixed Emotions
General Studies Lecturer (Current Employee), CSU East Bay, Hayward, CAMarch 20, 2014
I have mixed emotions regarding CSU East Bay. As an alumnus, I cannot say enough good things about the Kinesiology program at the undergraduate and graduate level. CSU East Bay offers a comprehensive and interdisciplinary program focusing on the science of body movement related to exercise and sport in addition to the psychological variables associated – more... with performance and how sport reflects, imitates, and influences society. As far as academic programs are concerned, I feel CSU East Bay provides a high quality affordable education.

Working at CSU East Bay is a different story. The work culture appears to be highly fragmented and somewhat selfish. I do not know if this common at public universities or throughout the CSU System, but the CSU East Bay campus is highly divided. My particular job by its nature is always on the potential chopping block because of variability in funding. Leadership of the program at times has fought for program survival, but has not done anything of substance to provide evidence of the quality and effectiveness of the work we do. In an era of objectives and assessment, the program is lacking leadership to provide evidence of effectiveness which is almost unthinkable in this era. The University also has strict limits on how much teachers in our program can make (salary) and how much work they are offered. This two-tiered ceiling makes upward mobility nearly impossible and provides administration two ways to keep wages constantly low.

My experience at CSUEB has provided a full spectrum of motivational sources. The education was phenomenal and I know most people at the university really care about students. Working at CSUEB motivates me because there are flaws in leadership and obvious areas of improvement which I would like to make part of my future professional goals. – less
Faced paced and detail orientated environment
Assistant to Resource Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2014
• Reconcile monthly credit card statements.

• Analyze, track and organize IRA purchase requisitions, travel claims, receipts, invoices, and other related purchases for the College.

• Creating and maintaining records, logs, documents and files for IRA accounts and Faculty Development expenditures.

• Reviewing, updating and reconciling excel spreadsheet – more... daily.

• Serve as front desk receptionist for the Resource Office. – less
Great institution promoting undergraduate academic achievement for the traditionally undereserved
Student Success Intern (Current Employee), CSU Monterey BayMarch 19, 2014
CSUMB is a great place to work. I enjoy providing academic support and one-on-one counseling services for undergraduate students.
The Best Undergraduate Experience I could have hoped for.
Undergraduate Biochemistry Researcher (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 18, 2014
It is a shame that I have to give compensation a low score as it is not unusual to be unpaid as an undergraduate, although I did have internship opportunities during my time at Cal State Fullerton that I capitalized on. The curriculum at Cal State Fullerton, in retrospect, was more rigorous than I realized at the time compared to other universities – more... I have visited for Biochemistry. Research experience was mandatory for graduation, and the two years that I dedicated to research while at Cal State Fullerton proved invaluable in my maturation as a Biochemist with an enzymologist's toolkit. The faculty at Cal State Fullerton demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of care for student advancement and progression. Without my positive experience at Cal State Fullerton, it would have been unlikely that I would have ventured further into academia as a career choice. – less
Learned a lot here
Athletic Trainer's Assistant (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: temporary
This job taught me how the human body works and how to fix it when it isn't working properly. I was an assistant to the Head Athletic Trainer but I was able to learn so much under her direction. A typical day included taping athlete's ankles, knees, achilles, etc, icing their injuries, performing rehabilitation techniques, and maintaining a healthy – more... clean facility. – less
Pleasant environment to work in
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaMarch 12, 2014
Pros: very close to home and i enjoyed being so close to the ocean.
Cons: no comment
I enjoyed working with very experienced and knowledgeable attorneys. I gained some very valuable experience and knowledge while working there.
Academic, Student Focused and Green atmosphere.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), SacramentoMarch 10, 2014
The professors at Sac State are extremely helpful. Professors here have more time to work with the individual student and make sure they know the material due to the fact that the majority of the classes have no more than 30 students in them. I have been attending Sac State for a year now and I love it! The campus is quiet and peaceful, full of trees – more... that give the campus a better atmosphere to it and make the environment relaxing to be in. – less
great department with great professors
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2014
I am happy to have the opportunity as graduate assistant as because it allowed me to strengthen my research abilities and adequately consolidate information as well as understand, connect, and empathize with diverse populations.
Fast paced, little resources, challanges you everyday
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), San Marcos, CAMarch 4, 2014
Teaching is rewarding, schools have minimal budgets and resourcing. Being creative with supplies and teaching methods is in everyones best interest.
fun
Staff Member (Current Employee), Bakersfield CsMarch 4, 2014
interacted with people, guided them to their seats, had a fun environment with the coworkers
It was great pleasure to work here
Student Assistant in Accessibility Department (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 1, 2014
Learning more thing which gives me wonderful opportunity.
A very positive place to work at.
Student Reseacher (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 27, 2014
A very positive place to work at. The faculty members are very supportive.
Enjoyable research team
Research Assistant (Current Employee), FullertonFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
I really enjoy working with the California State University Fullerton Sociology research team. The two lead researchers are phenomenal at what they do and are very knowledgable. Working at a smooth pace, with bench markers along the way, make for a productive and exciting work environment. I thoroughly enjoy working with CSUF!
Excellent choice for college education
Public Relations Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: resources
Cons: parking
California State University, Northridge is an excellent school that provides classes and resources to better serve students. It serves amounts of courses that are well developed and/or unique compared to the rest of the schools.
very productive and fun working with students and the Professors
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2014
My Professor whom i worked with was very cooperative and helpful.She helped me in every situation.
The management and my Department was kind too.
A CSU Monterey work day for me...
HR/Employee Fee Waiver Prgm Coordinator (Former Employee), Seaside, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: happy to go to work each day, benefits, salary, advancements, events, management and more.
Cons: state budget cuts hit us hard
Under the general supervision of the Associate Vice President for University Human Resources. Duties are as follows but not limited to; responding to each visitor professionally, welcoming, and with customer-driven service; provides general information on a variety of topics pertinent to CSUMB visitors; exercises considerable discretion and judgment – more... in performing assigned work through the use of a thorough knowledge of clerical methods and office procedures while applying a comprehensive knowledge of CSUMB policies as part of managing the front desk; screen and distribute mail; track and report the department monthly attendance and submissions; maintain department email accounts, including all email correspondence to Staff and Faculty of events, workshops, announcements, etc.; gatekeeper for the Human Resources calendar (conference and meeting room); initial receipt and processing of all resignations; office supply inventory and orders; supervise student assistants as needed; dispense sign in sheets for HR and benefits events and workshops; assist with workshop/seminar enrollments in PeopleSoft. Fee Waiver Coordination - planning, processing and approval; Planning and coordinating all New Employee Orientations; completion of all travel requests and expense claims; assist applicants with any questions or concerns.

I have learned a lot more about time-management, labor relations policies and procedures, diversity and so, so much more....better explained person-to-person.

My co-workers were wonderful. I really love all my CSUMB friends still and we all keep in touch it was voted one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2010 and previous years and that describes it to a tee.

My most enjoyable part of my job was working with others and being able to contribute my experience and abilities to solve problems and assist every customer that came through the Human Resources door. – less

About California State University

The California State University offers unlimited opportunities to help students fulfill their personal and professional goals. – Read more

California State University Photos