California State University Employee Reviews

Productive and engaging work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2017
Duties differ throughout different parts of the year, the most stressful time at least in the nursing department is the application season. Students ask questions of all kinds and expect immediate responses, meanwhile one person has the same questions and not many workers can answer the amount of students that come in. The workplace is very happy and easy going but when deadlines for students come it becomes very stressful.
Pros
when it isnt application season, there isnt much work.
Cons
during application season, expect to be constantly reading and helping students
Productive, yet relaxed.
Transfer Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 16, 2017
A very relaxing environment where growth was expected and implemented for those who were in each and every position within the company. The company, for the most part, had been to assist other students in a professional manner with the assistance from provisional staff, and other staff from various divisions on campus.
Work Study
Computer Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 14, 2017
I was working as an work study. It was very relaxing job, I had learned a lot working as group meeting different other students and share experiences.
Pros
Relaxing job
Cons
Too big and broad
Great way to get introduced to working in a team based setting
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 9, 2017
I learned how to work in a predominantly team based setting that was very welcoming and accommodating. With the few teams that I have been apart of they really showed me what it was like to be a key role in a team which I never really experienced before. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the close relationships with my coworkers so that it is easier to work with them on tasks and assignments.
It was a fun experience
Office of the Chancellor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 8, 2017
This is my part-time job, when I was still a student. I learned a lot from this place. I gained many experience from my boss. I also gained many other skills.
good place to work
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 6, 2017
good place to work friendly nice co workers, and if you enjoy working with are young adults this is the place for you, people are nice the students are excited about school
Pros
good lunches
Cons
short breaks long hours
Rewarding summer job
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Channel Islands, CADecember 3, 2017
A typical work day as a peer mentor included fun science experiments, interesting STEM lectures, exciting outdoor competition s for the students, and motivational speakers.
work is fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 2, 2017
Studies show that satisfied, happy employees have higher levels of engagement and loyalty to their company. Physical activity naturally produces dopamine and endorphins, known as ‘feel good’ chemicals, so a game of ping pong is a great way to improve morale in the office. Even a quick match allows colleagues to get to know each other that little bit more, as it is easy to chat over the table, helping them to feel more connected to the team.
Experience collaborating with creative individuals
Animation Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2017
This position allowed for me to collaborate with creative individuals, and allowed me to provide support and aid to students in need. I have learned a lot by assisting students in their academic careers.
Pros
Steady workflow
Cons
N/a
Good pay, Great students, and good supervisors
professor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 29, 2017
Hard to get on tenure though, You could be part-time for the rest of your life. Someone has to die or retire to get tenure. Great place to work though if you can get in on the tenure track. They are strict about reviewing resumes, even if you know the person, it doesn't matter.
conducive and comfortable work place
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  California City, CANovember 27, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. A place where someone can learn and gain experience. A place where someone can develop his or her skills even if he is a fresh man.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 21, 2017
As the Graduate research assistant, the work hours were long but flexible. The work environment is very light and my supervisor is fun to work with. I learned a lot from my supervisors and my peers.
Adjunct Instructor
Instructor, Apparel Design & Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 21, 2017
Taught several level of courses within the Family Consumer Sciences department. The experience was very rewarding, prepping for the courses, lectures and projects were created to be relevant to present day challenges. Time management is key, to balance, student work, class prep, and guest speakers. This made my job fun and it was nice to see that student's benefited from the team projects, field trips, and assignments.
Pros
Flexible time throughout summer and holidays
Cons
Classe schedule were fixed. Classes were not guaranteed every semester
Staff and Management Team
Administrative Analyst/Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2017
The staff at the University are like family. We all work together to achieve our main goal: STUDENTS and Happy Faculty. Most managers are supportive of their staff. I enjoyed my 30 years employed at the University.
Productive and Opportunity to Advance
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2017
Productive and Opportunity to Advance
Flexible
Learning opportunities for lecturers
Faculty is warm and friendly
Great opportunities to connect your research with others.
Easy and relaxed.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 13, 2017
Regular work,
No extra work expected, no serious deadlines, work at ease.
No Stress and flexible timings.
Manager was chill and relaxed, could take off when ever needed.

No overall growth, didn't see my career would improve much if i had sticked on.
Student Assistant is a Great Start
College of Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 12, 2017
No complaints about being a student assistant. My supervisor was great and I had an amazing time there. Though is was only part time and temporary until I found a real position within my major. Great job while going to school!
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Had to Leave
it was fun with lots of activities
Graduate lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cal State Los AngelesNovember 8, 2017
Cal state itself with a good experience. There were lots of team building activities and plenty of workshops for self betterment. However, politics and favoritism definitely tainted the workplace.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Instructing colleague
Instructional Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 7, 2017
Instructing colleagues in subjects specializing in Computer Science. Assists professors in High-failure rate courses, as well as facilitate class study sessions
Balanced Job
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 5, 2017
The job was only stressful when there were a lot of students to watch. If you wanted to take a day off, you didn't get paid and you had to ask one of the co-workers to substitute for you. Otherwise the manager allowed me to do homework and study for tests as long as there is not much going on and that the lab was kept up on paper supply and kept clean.
Pros
allowed to do studying and homework for classes
Cons
no benefits except being paid