California State University Employee Reviews

Workers were all very inviting
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 29, 2017
The workplace culture was fun. Everyone was very helpful. There was a lot of independent work. You must be a quick learner and know how to handle things on your own.
Great job for an Engineering intern; I learned a ton here.
MACHINIST/DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2017
This was a great job for an Engineering intern. I learned so much working here in the machine shop. Great management in fun and relaxed atmosphere. Everyone was fun to work with and knowledge was shared readily.
Pros
Fun and relaxed with learning opportunities.
Cons
Temporary job while in college
Great Place to Do Research
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 28, 2017
CSUN is a great place for new students to get into cutting edge research. The professors are more than willing to train and work with you. You will get the tools you need to specialize and learn more about your field.
Very slow during summer terms
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  Dominguez, CAAugust 25, 2017
The University was an excellent opportunity. The Summer terms were very slow. The regular semester was extremely busy. I worked for several departments with several different department heads, each with different requirements.
Pros
Student assistants
Cons
Slow work environment during the Summer terms.
Great
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 25, 2017
I love the environment and the people I work with. I like the fact that I can contribute to students' academic career ladder. The management works rigorously to ensure that we enjoy what we do as Professors.
Place to Develop
Student Support Program (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2017
The typical day entailed going to class and engaging students in a supplemental class with group dynamics. Through 2+ of daily lesson planning, I learned to manage my time efficiently and I learned to adjust to any sudden obstacles intefering with time constraints. The hardest part was preparing for the unexpected; learning disabilities, content skills, social skills, behavioral skills. However, after several days of instruction classroom management becomes easier. Students are grouped with peers who will compliment the group's dynamics with their own skills. The most rewarding part of this field is that it never appears as another day of work but another day to lend a helping hand and to be an exemplary human being.
Great Learning Environment
Degree Audit Student (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 19, 2017
Admissions and Records at CSU Dominguez Hills is an amazing place to work for many reasons. As a student worker I had the opportunity to work with amazing supervisors who were deeply invested in the success of their student workers. They often gave opportunities that would enhance your experience working in an office environment. This allowed the students to earn professional experience that would assist us when we graduated and pursued careers of our own.

A typical day involves catalog analysis, data entry, and checking in with your supervisor about your progress. More experienced student workers are given opportunities to train newly hired students. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with passionate people and the hardest part was memorizing procedures for certain catalog updates or errors.
enjoyed the campus wok experience
Administrative Support Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 17, 2017
Good people, great atmosphere, good benefits.
Enjoyed the holidays off.
I was able to advance my knowledge in learning while on the job.

I would work there again.
Nice
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 17, 2017
I did a one year cancer research at this University. I did the research to earn course units. The research was good. I would do it again and again and again.
Project gear up
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2017
Loved working here. It was only a part-time position, however, they worked around your class schedule. Staff was always friendly and professional and the environment was usually calm and relaxed. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the grant for the program was not renewed, so there is no GEAR UP located at Cal State L.A. anymore.
Pros
Great staff, free-lunch(at times), flexible hours
Cons
Only part-time available for college students
Chill environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 15, 2017
Working in the student life and leadership office was very enlightening. I felt like I learned more then I actually worked. This was refreshing because they were preparing me for work beyond being a Student Assistant.
Great for students
Research Lab Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CA 91330August 15, 2017
Ample time to work on homework while assisting other students in a research lab setting. Flexible hours, usually working alone, easy to communicate with supervisors and coworkers.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
no room for advancement
Easy going job where you can make your own schedule
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 15, 2017
A typical day of work consists of meeting with a Professor, picking up a folder full of work and then when I had an hour or two of free time I evaluated and graded an assortment of assignments. The best thing I got out of this job was the appreciation of having neat and organized work.
Pros
Had the opportunity to make your own schedule
Great Entry-Level Position
Administrative Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 14, 2017
Working for an extension campus allows you to focus on students and guide them towards success.

Great team work and communication among the small campus.
productive and fun
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2017
It is an amazing place to work.
Everybody is friendly and helpful
You get to learn a lot.
Management is understanding and flexible.
Great work culture having great mindset
Productive Fun environment and always willing to train.
Peer Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 12, 2017
This was by far the best job I have had in a long time. Great co-workers and awesome staff development. Work culture was great always willing to help staff grow.
Clinical psychology internship
Clinical Psychological Evaluations Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2017
Great way to learn the basic skills needed to become a clinical/counseling psychology. Due to the job responsibilities, this position teaches individuals how to have great interpersonal skills that can be transferred to other areas of employment.
Fun & Team Oriented Working Environment
Office of the Chancellor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CaliforniaAugust 8, 2017
During my time employed under CSU Chancellor Office, I love the working environment because I received love and care from my boss and my coworker. I would highly recommend to others to work there.
Pros
Team Oriented
Cons
Less Hours
Doctoral Intern at Counseling Center
Pre-Doctoral Intern (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 7, 2017
Challenging internship requirements. The staff was wonderful and welcoming, great supervision, excellent benefits, great training. At times the work life balance did not seem to support self care.
Caring Supervision
Faculty Advisor/Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2017
Supervision is supportive and responsive to a new employees needs. The hybrid class I teach fits the needs of the students in their academic career. My fellow coworkers are their for the right reason. All of us work hard despite the low compensation.