California State University

California State University Employee Reviews

good student positions
TRiO/DSSS English Writing Tutor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: low pay and minimum 20 hours/week
flexible hours for student workers. Good on campus position, can go straight in from class. very convenient. Learn a lot about campus life, meet a lot people on campus. It was my second home.
Relax an quiet place to work
Senior Lab Manager (Current Employee), Northridge, CaliforniaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: low pay
I come early and plan my work. Then I go over it with the PI. Everything needed for an experiment has to be prepared in advance. the hardest part of my job is when things do not go as plan. the most enjoyable part is the learning experience and the easy going with the co-workers. Management is good and allows you to set your own pace.
Very Nice Working Environment
Tutor - Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great diversity
Cons: low hourly rates
CSULB is a nice place to work because of the diversity of the staff and mostly students. The campus is beautiful and very large.
Working with professor on his course
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 13, 2015
My job is to grade students performance in the exams and keep a record of their performance. This is a responsible job as any other job.
Less work; good salary;
(IT Consultant) Student Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2015
I was a working as a part time student assistant and I learned a lot new things here about website maintenance and computer hardware. Also learned how to face new challenges(error detection in system) every other day.
Excellent
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 4, 2015
Very fun to do. Had a lot of fun tutoring students. You end up making a couple friends during the experience. Became well known inside of my major's department, which helped a lot whenever I had a problem with classes, teachers, etc.
Good benifits and I enjoyed supporting the students education.
Supervisor of Custodial Services, FMS (Former Employee), Chico, Ca.March 2, 2015
Pros: benifits and supporting the education of the students
Cons: lack of support from upper manage ment
As a supervisor my ours varied. I would work 50+ hours a week.

I learned how to work with upper management and the union by keeping communication open and trying my best to settle any issues that arose in the informal stage. I also learned how to use excel to make schedules and distribute the work load evenly.

Management in the FMS department has a high turnover thus, it is very hard to have continuity. I did enjoy working with the management team.

Most of my co-workers were enjoyable to work with yet I learned from dealing with my co-workers that presented a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be part of the team that provided support to the students.
Good people to work with.
Psychology Lecturer (Former Employee), Turlock, CaliforniaFebruary 23, 2015
My position with Cal State Stanislaus was temporary, one class per semester for two semesters. Students were eager to learn. Faculty were helpful and kind.
Good learning opportunity
Student Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Good work environment for teaching assistants, opportunities to learn/review core copcepts and work with many students. Challenging and fun.
Productive, nurturing, and supportive work environment appreciative of different talents, and personalities.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Excellent management, supportive work environment. I have learned a lot from my coworkers, supervisors, and director. It's been a great experience working with domestic and international students, along with assisting professors in research .
Rewarding
Kinesiology Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Rewarding to advance the knowledge of our future employees. Teaching activity classes is a fun way to make a little extra money while getting students active and excited for physical activity.
Good place to gain useful experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2015
A day a work required to meet the professor of the class. interact with the student. Take project and homework and grad them
The best job of my field...
Teaching associate (TAs) of Mathematics (Current Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good timings, balanced work and wage
This teaching assistant job is best job for me. I am not doing it just for money, but I enjoying that job. I love teaching math to students. It is great experience to teach in different country. All of my department faculty members are very friendly. As far as hardest part of job is concern, there is no hardest part of job. Every lecture is enjoyable foe me, and also students do well in homework and quizzes.
Professional.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great hours.
Cons: it was only temporary
I enjoyed receiving unusual calls that challenged what I already knew.
I also enjoyed training new workers.
Great supervisors.
Fun Place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed working with the university, every day was a new day. Worked with great mentors that i learned alot from. I would recommend people choosing this university for degrees.
PS
Advisor (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2015
I liked the people and the new opportunities they had to grow in the organization. I liked the experience and the coworkers I worked there with.
A great learning experience along with my masters
Analytical Research Specialist (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 6, 2015
The job responsibilities here helped me learn n implement skills which I learn in the classroom in my masters, which i can directly implement at my work space.
Fair environment
Africana Studies Deptartment (Current Employee), Carson, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: work reliability
Good rapport with my colleagues, interdisciplinary department has a academically diverse faculty. Students seem generally interested in doing their best.

Work environment is fair. Good neighborhood.
Unstable schedule and extremely low pay
Part Time Lecturer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: teaching a subject i'm passionate about
Cons: rate of pay and students who didn't care
As a part time lecturer, course assignments were given either a day or 2 before semester began and, at times, after semester began. Schedules could be difficult to maintain. For example, for two semesters my classes started at 8 AM and my last class ended at 10 PM two days a week.

While it was difficult to deal with the students who didn't care or were seriously unprepared for the level of learning required, it was extremely gratifying to watch other students devour lessons and far exceed course expectations.

Rate of pay was almost criminal.
gained knowledge and positive approach of working in team.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Day at work is been spent positively with all the cooperation and success in projects with the team mates and manager.

I have Learned the technical and practical working of Modules in multi national companies., Moreover learned about CRM .

The most Enjoyable part of Job was working with the Mentor, Team Lead and team mates in a very efficient way without and ego problems and because of their helpful nature I have engraved this positive helpful attitude for my future working organisation and team.

About California State University

The California State University offers unlimited opportunities to help students fulfill their personal and professional goals. – Read more

California State University Salaries