California State University Employee Reviews

Nice
Volunteer Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2016
• Helped in managing every activity related to orientation like check in, set up ballroom etc.
• Guided them resolving any error on their GET account and getting them enrolling in subjects.
• Shared all the campus information in detail with parents in parent orientation and help them to know more about the college.
Great benefits
Payroll Technician II (Former Employee) –  Dominguez, CANovember 30, 2016
Good place to work. I was just in a missed managed department with constant turnover...good co-workers...most enjoyed personal and business relationships established.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
campus politics
learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 28, 2016
teachers are really supportive and gave us oppertunity to learn in every course. the projects were helpful in landing me the job. Also the administrative side is vert supportive.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Support Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CANovember 26, 2016
I learned a variety of skills and achieved levels I thought were impossible. I enjoyed working with the students, staff, faculty and public.

The ambiance of the grounds made it a peaceful place to work. I had the delight to work at both the Stanislaus and Monterey Bay campus.
Cons
salary
Great job to have as a graduate student
Teaching Associate - Physics (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 15, 2016
CSUF's Physics department treats their graduate students very well. I taught Astronomy labs (3 per semester) and enjoyed working with the supportive staff.
Pros
Laid back, supportive department, great region
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement
Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 13, 2016
Work life balance is good.
Got to learn lots of skills.
Management is good
Helpful co workers
Very productive environment at workplace
Pros
good work culture
Cons
NA
CSUEB, 1 tiny step above community college
Teaching Assistant & Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 9, 2016
As a student employee I do not believe I can fairly review this company. The job is probably much difference for a full-time employee.
Pros
You can go to school while you work
Cons
Who knows!
Dont want to participate
Wont Participate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 8, 2016
Dont want to participate. I will not participate. this should not be mandatory. People are looking for new jobs and do not need to include information on their past jobs
Fun place to be around
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 30, 2016
Quite happy to work at California State University, Fullerton as a webmaster and customer service executive. Employees and bosses are friendly and easy going. This job has helped me improving my communication and coding skills. Overall, I just love to work here.
Relaxed work environment
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 27, 2016
The work was very relaxed, with minimum supervision, but the specific job tasks were not particularly for me. A typical work day would consume of cleaning and taking care of the animals in the designated rooms assigned for the day; most work would be completed within 3-4 hours.
I learned some basic skills such as mopping and cleaning in a hygienic manner.
Co-workers could have been friendlier, but we rarely had time to interact while working.
Hardest part of the job was changing rat cages and cleaning frog tanks.

Want to know more about California State University?

Ask a question
best place to work
Manufacturing Engineering Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 26, 2016
One of the best jobs i ever had. Management is very helpful.
Working hours are flexible. Lot to learn. Hands on experience of various in house machines and softwares.
Had great experience for while studying
Graduate Assistant, (Linux Admin) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2016
Created useraccounts
Giving permissions to sudoers
Links
Performing memory upgrade hardest part of the job
using new commands for extraw operations was the enjoyable part for me
Fun place to intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 23, 2016
The staff and teachers were extremely helpful when questions needed answers. I learned how to care for children at their development age and increase their development.
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Short term
Productive and fun place working as a researcher
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2016
Working as an graduate assistant was challenging and exciting. Since we are creating a new lab course, new ideas come up every day, we exchange new thoughts about the class, this experience is interesting and memorable to me.
Great,knowledgeable, team leader and encouraging.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 11, 2016
A wonderful experience a school like CSUEB provides with knowledgeable professors, good environment, library access and healthy way to pursue higher education.
Can be a wonderful place to work for, under the right supervisor
Senior Design Project (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2016
depending on the supervisor, the student assistant positions can be very pleasant, which would lead to productivity of the employee and overall efficiency. this is not always the case, where sometimes people who do not have the soft skills required are placed in positions of power.
Working here felt like I was apart of a family.
Imaging Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2016
Everyone works independently while communicating together as a team. Staff is very friendly. The structure of the office has simple guidelines to meet important deadlines. I learned to manage time to complete all tasks required by the end of the day, quick memorization and sorting of different document types, and quick accuracy input of data into the computer system.
Pros
independent and knowledgeable team
Cons
slow workflow days
Fun workplace
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 27, 2016
This company offers full landscape construction and maintenance services for residential and commercial clients. Services include full landscape design, planting, retaining walls, walkways, decks and snow removal.
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 23, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with freshmen students and able to assist them with their needs. It was good to see my students succeed in their goals and understand the value of managing time and school work.
State University to gain experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93740September 17, 2016
I interned here to gain experience right after I graduated with an Environmental Health degree. Its a great place to learn because it has a multiple environments in one area from food, hazardous waste and building code. Everyone is respectful and nice. The work environment was not fast paced at all.
Pros
Good to gain experience
Cons
Limited available job openings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4