California State University

California State University Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed working with the university, every day was a new day. Worked with great mentors that i learned alot from. I would recommend people choosing this university for degrees.
PS
Advisor (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2015
I liked the people and the new opportunities they had to grow in the organization. I liked the experience and the coworkers I worked there with.
A great learning experience along with my masters
Analytical Research Specialist (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 6, 2015
The job responsibilities here helped me learn n implement skills which I learn in the classroom in my masters, which i can directly implement at my work space.
Fair environment
Africana Studies Deptartment (Current Employee), Carson, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: work reliability
Good rapport with my colleagues, interdisciplinary department has a academically diverse faculty. Students seem generally interested in doing their best.

Work environment is fair. Good neighborhood.
Unstable schedule and extremely low pay
Part Time Lecturer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: teaching a subject i'm passionate about
Cons: rate of pay and students who didn't care
As a part time lecturer, course assignments were given either a day or 2 before semester began and, at times, after semester began. Schedules could be difficult to maintain. For example, for two semesters my classes started at 8 AM and my last class ended at 10 PM two days a week.

While it was difficult to deal with the students who didn't care or were seriously unprepared for the level of learning required, it was extremely gratifying to watch other students devour lessons and far exceed course expectations.

Rate of pay was almost criminal.
gained knowledge and positive approach of working in team.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Day at work is been spent positively with all the cooperation and success in projects with the team mates and manager.

I have Learned the technical and practical working of Modules in multi national companies., Moreover learned about CRM .

The most Enjoyable part of Job was working with the Mentor, Team Lead and team mates in a very efficient way without and ego problems and because of their helpful nature I have engraved this positive helpful attitude for my future working organisation and team.
Redesigning website, while building strong lasting relationships
Public Affairs and Communications Specialist (Current Employee), HaywardJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day starts with me receiving dozens of emails from deans and department chairs requesting written copy on various topics, print layouts (brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, etc...), web add-ons, and consulting. By noon I turn my attention to web design. I have held several meeting outlining suggested improvements for the website. Student outreach is a big topic that I am also looking into.

My current position has taught me to be very self-sufficient. The position has been vacant for over three years so becoming 2015 compliant has been my #1 task. Working within the confines of a CMS has also been a challenge but I am now fluent in Cascade.

My coworkers are a pleasure to be around, which makes my experience at CSUEB one I will cherish.

The most challenging part of my current position is working with administrators and faculty to agree on concepts and design layouts.

What I enjoy most is developing and designing websites. I also enjoy analyzing how information is viewed. I am currently working with Google Analytics to identify which print material drives internet page views.
Cool job
Shipping/Receiving Assistant (Current Employee), Turlock, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Come in as a part time employee to help get by to finish my Bachelor degree here at Stanislaus. The co-worker are friendly and push themselves to succeed and graduate from here.
A Lot to learn
Teaching Assistant and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), long beach, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Could learn a lot from the Highly professional work culture with the full time professors. was also exposed to the the students and had the experince to train.
Great Place for Higher Education
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: staff, research, higher education, resources
I had a great educational experience at CSULA with great mentors, professors, researchers, and staff.
Nice place to start
Financial Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Working at CSU Fresno is a nice place to start your career - they are very flexible.
Very Friendly Work Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: work pressure
very friendly people and respect each and every individual's problem.
Great University
Student Officer (Former Employee), HaywardJanuary 2, 2015
On campus jobs are amazing! I believe everyone should have at least a part time at the school they attend. It saves the commute and helps you stay connected. It also is a great way to network.
work day
Student Assistant (Former Employee), bakersfield caJanuary 1, 2015
It was a very great job. I loved the environment and the job description.
Fun work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 22, 2014
Ability to control the environment, while managing a computer lap. Also, learned to multi task, by assisting the main office with various clerical tasks.
The school staff provided support for students to be successful in academics
Student (Former Employee), Salinas, CADecember 3, 2014
Attending California State University Monterey Bay allowed me to grow and seek assistance whenever I can. I liked that about the school.
Great Learning Environment and Networking
Student Director of the Peer Advising Center (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: networking and great professor's
Cons: large commuter campus
Student Director of the Peer Advising Center: Created and launched the Peer Advising Center with the Dean of College of Business and Public Administration. Responsible for day to day operations.
— Secured private funding for Peer Advising Center through local corporate sponsors and hired, trained and managed a staff of five peer advisors; also developed self-advising workbook for all students to use during their academic career.

President of the American Marketing Association: Sought after and obtained numerous sponsors for events, and learned fundamental skills to become successful in all aspects of business.
— Increased membership by 500% and acquired sound thinking skills in marketing theory and principles.
— Created marketing plans which resulted in sold out events.
Helpful and informative
IT Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 30, 2014
Pros: free print
Cons: stand job
Communicated and identify patrons’ problems and guiding patrons to fix them
Assisted patrons to print out, copy, and scan their documents
Assisted patrons to work with some general software, mainly MS office
Maintained PC & MAC workstation
Diverse and vibrant culture
Sr. Data Warehouse Developer (Current Employee), Hayward, CANovember 30, 2014
California State University, East Bay is a public institution of Higher Education known for award winning programs, expert instruction, small classes, a highly personalized learning environment—and a choice of more than 100 career-focused fields of study. The campus has a diverse and vibrant culture and offers its employees awesome benefits!
Competitive Internship Program
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Long BeachNovember 17, 2014
Dietetic Internship was competitive and comprehensive with a concentration of Nutrition Across the Life Cycle.

About California State University

The California State University offers unlimited opportunities to help students fulfill their personal and professional goals. – Read more

California State University Salaries