California State University

California State University Employee Reviews

awsome
Student Intern; Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93721December 28, 2016
Great experience as an intern. I enjoyed working outdoors. Visiting with students and meeting new clients. I assisted in many published research projects winch helped me develop productive research skill.
Lecturer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Pay is good, the students are nice normally, I love the environment and large trees.

The buildings are old and smely but they still look nice. A large and nice library and lots of support for trainings and workshops.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great management!
Programmer Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Love the management here and the openness and friendliness toward mutual growth and progress! However, HR is known to sometimes be a pain.
Pros
good management
Cons
poor compensation
Completed own research experiment
Principal Investigator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Given the ability to create own research experiment with undergraduate students. Given a great deal of freedom, flexibility, along with an imense amount of support
Best Part of Growing up
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day was sorting threw papers, helping the student workers get done what they needed to accomplish for the day and things that needed to be done before the school semester started again
very common place
Teacher & Researcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2017
So so facility. Professors some are good and some are bad. Teaching is ok, It might be a OK place to get your undergraduate and Master, but no PhD program. It might not a good place to do research.
wonderful place
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 5, 2017
The people and atmosphere are amazing. All the teachers that I had were very helpful and understanding. Whenever I needed assistance they were there to help.
Fun and joyful working in an institution highly rated with much competition from without and within
Tutor (Current Employee) –  California state University, FullertonSeptember 1, 2016
I am currently working here. It is a great place to gain experience as it opens roots to the outside world. So far I have learnt how one has to stoop down to the levels of others for them to be able to explain the subject better.

As per now I really don't have any challenges yet since I have been able to tackle every thing coming on my way.
learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 28, 2016
teachers are really supportive and gave us oppertunity to learn in every course. the projects were helpful in landing me the job. Also the administrative side is vert supportive.
Fun working with experts
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I was guided very well how to tackle customers issue and provide them technical support. Working with the customer helped me develop my customer skills.
Good place to grow
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Best place of all colleges. Good co-workers. Learnt alot about being professional. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team.
Pros
Professional
student (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Cal State, San Bernardino was a great school while I was there. The teachers are so willing to help you in classes as well as with decisions for your future.
Pros
Great school
Cons
none!
Lack of Management
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Needs better leaders at authority level with more dedication and seriousness.

Discrimination needs to be taken care of.
Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Staff is great! They are always willing to help. You can find really good mentors that can guide you and help you find the path you want to take. Great school.
Productive and fun place working as a researcher
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2016
Working as an graduate assistant was challenging and exciting. Since we are creating a new lab course, new ideas come up every day, we exchange new thoughts about the class, this experience is interesting and memorable to me.
Not bad, for non-tenured teaching work
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Seaside, CAApril 22, 2015
The California State University system is the step-child of higher education in California. Compensation for faculty at all levels does not equal that of University of California faculty, nor does the state's investment in facilities or maintenance. That said, CSUMB is overall, not a bad place to work. Students are, for the most part, highly motivated and a pleasure to teach. The hardest part of the job: lack of job security or opportunity for advancement make it difficult to be motivated sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students get excited about having acquire new knowledge and skills. Teaching, per se, is a blast.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Lack of career path
CSUEB, 1 tiny step above community college
Teaching Assistant & Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 9, 2016
As a student employee I do not believe I can fairly review this company. The job is probably much difference for a full-time employee.
Pros
You can go to school while you work
Cons
Who knows!
Good benifits and I enjoyed supporting the students education.
Supervisor of Custodial Services, FMS (Former Employee) –  Chico, Ca.March 2, 2015
As a supervisor my ours varied. I would work 50+ hours a week.

I learned how to work with upper management and the union by keeping communication open and trying my best to settle any issues that arose in the informal stage. I also learned how to use excel to make schedules and distribute the work load evenly.

Management in the FMS department has a high turnover thus, it is very hard to have continuity. I did enjoy working with the management team.

Most of my co-workers were enjoyable to work with yet I learned from dealing with my co-workers that presented a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be part of the team that provided support to the students.
Pros
Benifits and supporting the education of the students
Cons
Lack of support from upper manage ment
Had great experience for while studying
Graduate Assistant, (Linux Admin) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2016
Created useraccounts
Giving permissions to sudoers
Links
Performing memory upgrade hardest part of the job
using new commands for extraw operations was the enjoyable part for me
Dont want to participate
Wont Participate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 8, 2016
Dont want to participate. I will not participate. this should not be mandatory. People are looking for new jobs and do not need to include information on their past jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4