California State University

California State University Employer Reviews

The Best Undergraduate Experience I could have hoped for.
Undergraduate Biochemistry Researcher (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 18, 2014
It is a shame that I have to give compensation a low score as it is not unusual to be unpaid as an undergraduate, although I did have internship opportunities during my time at Cal State Fullerton that I capitalized on. The curriculum at Cal State Fullerton, in retrospect, was more rigorous than I realized at the time compared to other universities – more... I have visited for Biochemistry. Research experience was mandatory for graduation, and the two years that I dedicated to research while at Cal State Fullerton proved invaluable in my maturation as a Biochemist with an enzymologist's toolkit. The faculty at Cal State Fullerton demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of care for student advancement and progression. Without my positive experience at Cal State Fullerton, it would have been unlikely that I would have ventured further into academia as a career choice. – less
Learned a lot here
Athletic Trainer's Assistant (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: temporary
This job taught me how the human body works and how to fix it when it isn't working properly. I was an assistant to the Head Athletic Trainer but I was able to learn so much under her direction. A typical day included taping athlete's ankles, knees, achilles, etc, icing their injuries, performing rehabilitation techniques, and maintaining a healthy – more... clean facility. – less
Pleasant environment to work in
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaMarch 12, 2014
Pros: very close to home and i enjoyed being so close to the ocean.
Cons: no comment
I enjoyed working with very experienced and knowledgeable attorneys. I gained some very valuable experience and knowledge while working there.
Academic, Student Focused and Green atmosphere.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), SacramentoMarch 10, 2014
The professors at Sac State are extremely helpful. Professors here have more time to work with the individual student and make sure they know the material due to the fact that the majority of the classes have no more than 30 students in them. I have been attending Sac State for a year now and I love it! The campus is quiet and peaceful, full of trees – more... that give the campus a better atmosphere to it and make the environment relaxing to be in. – less
great department with great professors
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2014
I am happy to have the opportunity as graduate assistant as because it allowed me to strengthen my research abilities and adequately consolidate information as well as understand, connect, and empathize with diverse populations.
Fast paced, little resources, challanges you everyday
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), San Marcos, CAMarch 4, 2014
Teaching is rewarding, schools have minimal budgets and resourcing. Being creative with supplies and teaching methods is in everyones best interest.
fun
Staff Member (Current Employee), Bakersfield CsMarch 4, 2014
interacted with people, guided them to their seats, had a fun environment with the coworkers
It was great pleasure to work here
Student Assistant in Accessibility Department (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 1, 2014
Learning more thing which gives me wonderful opportunity.
A very positive place to work at.
Student Reseacher (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 27, 2014
A very positive place to work at. The faculty members are very supportive.
Enjoyable research team
Research Assistant (Current Employee), FullertonFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
I really enjoy working with the California State University Fullerton Sociology research team. The two lead researchers are phenomenal at what they do and are very knowledgable. Working at a smooth pace, with bench markers along the way, make for a productive and exciting work environment. I thoroughly enjoy working with CSUF!
Excellent choice for college education
Public Relations Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: resources
Cons: parking
California State University, Northridge is an excellent school that provides classes and resources to better serve students. It serves amounts of courses that are well developed and/or unique compared to the rest of the schools.
very productive and fun working with students and the Professors
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2014
My Professor whom i worked with was very cooperative and helpful.She helped me in every situation.
The management and my Department was kind too.
A CSU Monterey work day for me...
HR/Employee Fee Waiver Prgm Coordinator (Former Employee), Seaside, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: happy to go to work each day, benefits, salary, advancements, events, management and more.
Cons: state budget cuts hit us hard
Under the general supervision of the Associate Vice President for University Human Resources. Duties are as follows but not limited to; responding to each visitor professionally, welcoming, and with customer-driven service; provides general information on a variety of topics pertinent to CSUMB visitors; exercises considerable discretion and judgment – more... in performing assigned work through the use of a thorough knowledge of clerical methods and office procedures while applying a comprehensive knowledge of CSUMB policies as part of managing the front desk; screen and distribute mail; track and report the department monthly attendance and submissions; maintain department email accounts, including all email correspondence to Staff and Faculty of events, workshops, announcements, etc.; gatekeeper for the Human Resources calendar (conference and meeting room); initial receipt and processing of all resignations; office supply inventory and orders; supervise student assistants as needed; dispense sign in sheets for HR and benefits events and workshops; assist with workshop/seminar enrollments in PeopleSoft. Fee Waiver Coordination - planning, processing and approval; Planning and coordinating all New Employee Orientations; completion of all travel requests and expense claims; assist applicants with any questions or concerns.

I have learned a lot more about time-management, labor relations policies and procedures, diversity and so, so much more....better explained person-to-person.

My co-workers were wonderful. I really love all my CSUMB friends still and we all keep in touch it was voted one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2010 and previous years and that describes it to a tee.

My most enjoyable part of my job was working with others and being able to contribute my experience and abilities to solve problems and assist every customer that came through the Human Resources door. – less
As a for class credit job it was rather nice.
University Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Most of my time was spent grading papers and helping students during office hours. Generally it was not a stressful job but required that I do a lot of work at home. It was a great way to get an idea of how much work it takes to be a university professor.
Academically inclined environment with macro-management conditions
Teaching Associate (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: autonomous role, macro-managed, making a difference
Cons: student excuses, paper work and grading.
My work consisted of teaching 3 to 4 full freshmen communication and public relation courses. I learned how to manage a room full of students, deliver abstract content in simple terms, delegate tasks, manage grades, lecture for over 3 hours, and deliver content through active participation in a classroom setting. Management teaches you the ins and outs – more... of the trade so that you can be self-sufficient. Co-workers are fellow Teaching Associates who are smart and vibrant. The hardest thing about the job was maintaining order during lectures and motivating students to do their best. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the end result of the students' achievements. – less
Casual fun environment
Teaching Associate-General Chemistry Laboratory (Current Employee), Hayward, CaJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day of work would be simply to teach a lab. Management and my co-workers were friendly and it was easy to get help in certain situations. The hardest part of the job is the students but the most enjoyable part of the job is the students.
Great for a part-time student and work experience
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: gave me good hours, flexible and empathetic to school deadlines, and gained good references and recommendations.
Cons: change was imminent, but not handled well, some people weren't respectful at all, work hours only available during school times.
I worked as a student assistant here for over two years and did learn a lot and gained a lot of great skills. On an typical day I would answer phones, emails, and any student questions from the front desk. I would file, copy, fax, walk over important information and interdepartmental forms, and sort mail. Other duties would include keeping all office – more... hours for professors up to date, assisting supervisors and office manager with small projects, and keeping the cleanliness of whole office and break room. Had one great office manager and department chairman, however, lots of change occurred after they left and their replacements weren't qualified. Co-workers were other students in the university and therefore we all got along pretty well, some drama, but nothing too bad. Hardest part of the job was being doubted and mistreated by entitled professors, higher-ups, and frustrated students that took it out on everyone in administration. Most enjoyable part were the coworkers and supervisors; they were good people and some were more helpful than others and still provide me with good recommendations and references. – less
Opportunities to Serve
Information Technology Consultant (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 20, 2014
The University allows dedicated employees to make a difference and serve with impact.
Fun part is working independently.
Soccer Coach (Former Employee), Chico CaJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no breaks or benefits.
Fun teaching students how to player soccer. Management was very supportive. The most enjoyable part is traveling with the students to a soccer game.
Good job for a student.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Chico, CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: limited hours
Maximum hours you can work is 20. This is good for school, work and life balance but can obviously lead to smaller paychecks than some may need. Free lunch and good hours.

About California State University

The California State University offers unlimited opportunities to help students fulfill their personal and professional goals. – Read more

California State University Photos