California State University

California State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great management!
Programmer Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Love the management here and the openness and friendliness toward mutual growth and progress! However, HR is known to sometimes be a pain.
Pros
good management
Cons
poor compensation
Great supervisors, good office work environment
STUDENT PROCTOR (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoy working as a proctor, although many have seen this job as boring. My supervisors are understanding and very cooperative. They know exactly what they are doing and at the same time, they are fun and can be very casual with you. I've been working here for almost 2 years and I never had any problems with the job.
Pros
Interaction with students, learn to work with programs on computers, problem-solving skills, amazing supervisors
Cons
Long hours of sitting
Student Assistant
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 26, 2015
Great Place to study and work. I gained a lot of knowledge. I learned the way the work is being organized and arranged.
The professors are great people to work with.
I enjoyed each and every aspect about the school
Great group of people to work with
Accounts Payable /Commercial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  California State University - San Marcos, CADecember 23, 2015
I had a wonderful experience working with the team members at UARSC, Cal State San Marcos. Everyone respected each other which made the environment so pleasant.
Pros
Respect and appreciate shown by the Leadership Team
best
ta (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 19, 2015
All I am going to say is that it is the best college for Business Major. Great teachers and staff and you can move up fast. IF you study you wil do amazing
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Stress
Very fun place to work
it assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 16, 2015
Very good place to learn and polish your skills. Positive and fun people. I would recommend working at CSUDH for anyone who is looking for a great work environment.
Very fun
Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2015
Loved the management and the staff at the clinic. Came to work feeling happy and enjoying what I did. Only con was how slow it would get.
Pros
Lots of employee lunches and fun
Cons
Slow
Get related Information
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 9, 2015
Connect to our databas and input data and analysis that and
calculate error from experiment. find out how we can reach correct
results. discuss with your co worker.
Good Experience
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 7, 2015
Taught community college for nine years, had an opportunity to teach one class at the university level. If I was asked to do so again, I would in a heartbeat!
Pros
Teaching online.
Wonderful job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 6, 2015
Getting the opportunity to be a Teaching Assistant is one of the best opportunities a college student could have. This positions allows a student to actively promote to fellow students how competent they are in their field, while actively helping them understand all the dynamics of the class they are taking. This is a big plus when applying to grad schools or even jobs, because of this opportunity. Of course this position can be scary or overwhelming, but the benefits at the end out weigh all of the cons
Pros
help with future jobs or grad school
Cons
can be overwhelming
Flexible schedule and descent pay
University Writing Mentor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 16, 2015
Cal State Northridge is a great place to work. The pay is descent and scheduling is flexible.The HR department is kind of a mess, but overall colleagues, and management is good.
Nice environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 10, 2015
I have a nice group of colleagues and a great boss here. I do not feel like an outsider working here and feel very happy working here.
The Conference was well worth sharing the early childhood teaching experience.
Presenter (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 9, 2015
I hope to return to the National Conference in 2016.
One of the most fulfilling experiences as a presenter is to offer an alternative point of view to novice educators.
Pros
Intimate workshop settings.
Cons
Lunch is on your own.
Student Position
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2015
While an undergraduate I assisted graduate students with collecting samples, filtering their sample, and running it through the IC. I also documented observations made in the field in regards to the sample site.
excellent
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 29, 2015
i am willing to work at this company. i can word with other employees as a team. this will contribution can bring more to the company and improve the environment for working there.
Fast-Paced office, with many opportunitites to assists
Office Assistant, Students (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2015
Having a keen sense of what it means to practice able-ism, allows you to feel compassion for others and assisting them makes you much more suited for a position in the office for Students with Disabilities. As a office assistant you are valued for you knowledge of the campus, its resources, and how to make it accessible to any and all students. This office taught me the value of being dedicated to a mission and how being thoughtful to others goes a long way for students who are on the climb in the world of higher education.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule, Training's
Cons
Limited hours
Relaxed and little stress
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  California State University, ChicoOctober 21, 2015
Have to interact with lot of students everyday. Introduce the assignment that to be done in the lab. Figure out the errors the students run into. Teach them what they are doing.
Productive enjoyable learning environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 20, 2015
Had a great time learning on the job. Peers and supervising staff were very helpful anytime one had a question. Groups are great and get along well. Very open and diverse atmosphere.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay is low.
Nice Start for Experience
Environmental Chemist (Current Employee) –  Canyon Lake and CSU San BernardinoOctober 20, 2015
I have enjoyed my first environmental chemist position on campus because the experience with the instruments have allowed me to develop skills that I couldn't have only in the classroom setting. I feel at ease while the supervising professor guides us with new techniques and equipment. Although we are working with professional companies and need to do quality work, the stress is not high. Like I said, it's an ideal start to a career as a chemist and the surroundings are conducive to growth and exploration beyond that.
Pros
own hours/schedule, familiarity with staff/peers
Cons
small lab
Pleasent Work experience
Teaching Assistant and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  long beachOctober 16, 2015
It was a very pleasent and enjoyable experience working at the caifornia state university ong beach along with knowledgabel professionals.

4.3