California State University

California State University Employee Reviews in United States

Entertaining and productive
Men's Basketball Announcer (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 14, 2015
I enhanced my skills as a Division 1 college basketball announcer at CSUN. The Matador staff was friendly and helpful and the coaches and players were outstanding to interview. I wish I could have announced there for several years.
Pros
Free food in the media area
Cons
Broadcast for only one season
Serious time job, but a good friend is funny in this spare time
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  palm desertOctober 14, 2015
I had the pleasure of spending some time in front of huge campus... I was honored to hear and see the You tube videos, which shows the great socialization of students, extremely graduate teachers, and all working and talking about the pleasure that University and provides all the support offered.
It motivates me even more want to do an excellent job and i hope that this opportunity can be in my hands.
Thanks for this opportunity
Pros
free lunch, clothes, parking...
Cons
nothing
State University with Outdated Leadership
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAOctober 12, 2015
Affordable tuition for students. Faculty and staff seemed to care a lot about the student's success. Leadership was outdated but wasn't willing to retire. Stuck in the past and not open to receiving suggestions on how to move the organization forward with the changing times.
typical job in college environment
Controls Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 8, 2015
I learned from this job, the position was good in the way of daily tasks, routine duties, training, I also got proficient with my skill set, and met a lot of interesting people.
Pros
benefits, vacation
Cons
management, upward growth.
IT is great
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 22, 2015
Although the pay is great the schedules are. And you can do homework at work. Remember you're a student first. And also remember that pay is alot better once you leave.
Exciting and challenging work environment
IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2015
Great work environment and the ability to move up. Management set clear policies and are always willing to hear suggestion in improving procedures and work environment .
Pros
Great opportunity to move up
Csulb
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2015
Great school and teaching programs that help students learn and achieve greatness through the dedication of their wonderful teachers and staff!
Great
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  FresnoSeptember 11, 2015
Any applicant will find a very rewarding experience at CSUF. Many opportunities to do research and connect with students, faculty, and staff.
Very interesting and more of learning .
Android Developer Internship (Former Employee) –  San BernardinoSeptember 11, 2015
Great being a part. Learnt many new concepts and it was a lot of learning.Team was very co=operative. Weekly meeting helped improve our productivity.
Flexible
Pediatrics Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 10, 2015
As a clinical instructor I mostly interact with my 8-12 students at Miller's Children Hospital. I guide instruct and support students during this pediatric rotation, especially showing the difference between adult world and pediatrics. The best part of this job is that I get to see their growth by the end of the semester.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
not full time
Skills
Economics 490A and 490B- Senior Seminar (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 9, 2015
I completed chargeback requests for all three of the groups that reported under the director, billed for event support, tracked a variety of forms, reconciled all of the departments accounts, completed paperwork for the director signature.
Student
International Business Student (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2015
Instructors are very helpful and approachable. The campus has a strong business program. Classes are interesting and captivating.
20 years and not much change.
Administrative Support II (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 6, 2015
I've been on campus 20+ years mostly part time. Raises were slow to come and if you are part time you are not valued as much even if you are very flexible and fill in wherever you are needed. As a part - time person you fall through the cracks. I'm sure that people starting now make the same amount of $ that I make after 20 years.

I like the new president.
Pros
If you are aggressively looking to advance and change jobs often you can earn more money.
Cons
If you do a great job and are loyal to your position and department you can stagnate.
Rewarding teaching experience working with students
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 4, 2015
The important factor for being a teaching assistant was to provide the teacher/professor with assistance in helping students with the material and lessons. Working one-on-one with the students to help them succeed and learn what they need to learn was the most enjoyable part of the job as a teaching assistant. The hours were flexible with my schooling schedule and I was able to provide the professor with additional help by answering questions and assisting students with their assignments. The job was not at all hard for me as I have learned and studied the material and lessons previously and I was able to assist every students and tend to their needs with the best of my knowledge. I was also to able to answer all their questions effectively and rarely asked for additional help on my own.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Teaching Experience
Daily task
Administrative Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 26, 2015
I worked for Undergraduate and Graduate Admission where I did the following: Computer input, scanning and indexing transcripts, entering transcripts, filing, downloading applications. Working suspended applications, entering manual and transitory applications, managing bio-demo information, screening/processing in-coming transcripts, processing test scores, check and answer email and phone, process fee waivers, process and batch weekly checks
Pros
Entered acted with students and facility
No room for advancement
Building Maintenance/ProjectSupervisor (Former Employee) –  San MarcosAugust 24, 2015
The job is great, you're always busy and the day goes by fast, but very heavy in politics. Co workers are put against each other by management. Staff have no chance for upward mobility. The best part of this job is the satisfaction of keeping the campus safe and operational for the all students, faculty, and staff.
Great Workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CaliforniaAugust 20, 2015
Fun Workplace, always learned something new.
We schedule events as well as setup/tear-down events. Great management as well as co-workers.
A day in the lab
Research student (Former Employee) –  Labarotory SettingAugust 15, 2015
The atmosphere in the research lab was quite positive. Everyone lab member supported each other and guided the newer members as well. I was able to learn about several different techniques relating to biochemistry including Western blot and Northern blot and I gained valuable experience
a great place to work
DATA CENTER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 10, 2015
I loved working here overall. My co workers make this place an overall great place to work! Make sure to send in your availability as soon as you can. Because if you don't, you will not get many hours to work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short breaks
Good experience and fun people to work with
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 2, 2015
Worked from home and set my own hours. Well rounded with excellent supervisors. Great way to develop interpersonal communication skills and hone programming skills as a student.

4.3