California State University Employee Reviews

Fun
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 18, 2017
As a events coordinator I learned so much about hosting and coordination events. I would having meetings on a weekly basis and my team and I would decide on events for the school and start planning and organizing them. It gave me team building skills and also time management skills, I worked with a group of nine other people and I learned a lot from working with others. The hardest part was meeting the deadlines, but I always successful and that was a happy feeling.The best part was working with other people.
Pros
had the best time
Very flexible for what you want to do
Internship on Robotic Project (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 18, 2017
You're very flexible to choose what you want to do. As long as you have good idea and submit it to school. Give them a list what you want, and you'll receive it soon so that you can start working on your idea.
Good Place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 13, 2017
This is a wonderful institution and is a great place to work! I have worked at Cal State Chico as a student employee since 2011 and am now an employee of the research foundation. In both capacities I enjoyed my time working here.
Earthquake
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 13, 2017
I attended here during one of the largest earthquakes to hit Northridge, California. My classes were in bungalows off muddy walk ways! It was difficult to hear the lessons well in the bungalows, so the students were appreciative when a few of the buildings were reopened again.
Amazing place to work
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 12, 2017
Working for HEP have been one of the most valuable experiences in my whole life. It's incredible to see the huge progress from being farm-workers, getting their GEDs and having a better opportunities in general. God bless you all, students, co-workers, instructors, and staff.
Diverse, Non Judgmental, Personal growth
Paraprofessional/Peer Educator (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 12, 2017
Present information to students, Research, Collaborate with other organizations, Create relationships with peers. Attend meetings, be trained in different topics,
Pros
Awesome Staff, free food usually, make amazing friends, have fun
Cons
a lot of non paid portions, sometimes very late hours (2am)
peer mentor
Northridge - CSUN Saves Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 11, 2017
It was a challenge working for the campus but it was fun and very informative. I created great working relationships with my peers and those who collaborated with us. I would recommend anyone looking to apply to do it . Just go for it it's going to be worth your time.
I was a student
Women's Alliance Club President (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 11, 2017
CSUs are very affordable and you get a good balance of education for the price. there are any scholarships and programs available as well as good extracurricular activities
Overall good
Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
I was student at California State University. It was an amazing experience for me to study here. Faculties are good and experienced having skill to teach. Good Environment, culture and Accommodation.
Great experience!
Japanese Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 7, 2017
I only worked as a part-time student employee, but working at this university was an excellent experience and I had a wonderful time! I developed quite a lot of work skills and made many strong relationships.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Must be a student
Lucky to be in my department
COMPUTER LAB CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2017
Working as a lab consultant for ITS has shown to have several advantages. I enjoy forming relationships with the student I help, making friends with coworkers, having time to study during downtime, staying informed on new technology and features offered through the school and it's website from the IT department.
Cons
Limited hours for students
Good exp
Tech Support Level III (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 6, 2017
Good experience, low pay is the only thing - would rec working there for an intro tech support job. Will learn a lot in a fun, fast paced environment.
Great for College students
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 5, 2017
It was convenient for college students. There were many ways that the staff feels like a larger part of a family. The compensation could be more for the job preformed.
Higher Education
Administrative Support Assistant II; (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 5, 2017
The university mission and vision is a great plan. The students who attend CSUSB are not going to lack any education when they go into the real world.
no incentive to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 2, 2017
Employees are union so there is no incentive to work or do a good job. Seems to be no accountability if you do a bad job, so people with strong work ethics will tend to leave after working here for a short time. The leadership administrators are heavily entrenched in political backbiting and sabotaging each other. I would not recommend this place unless you just want a steady pay check and don't mind there being a non existent work culture.
learnt formal addressing and meet ne people
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 2, 2017
as a Masters student of Engineering Management, CSUN was place where I learnt basic of management level conversation, ethics, how to address manager, customers, people.that was place, where I was free to explore my skills with help of managers and employers.aways, start with small steps and start jumping and climbing fast to the peak and fly your success on top of the mountain.
Great
Receptionist/Assiantant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 1, 2017
nice place to work, I would recommend it to almost anyone! all you need is a positive attitude and great work ethics and you do great! The pay could be better though.
Reu
Research Diver (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 1, 2017
Awesome experience. Helped show me what aspects of a job I enjoy /value as well as dislike/don't need. I will always carry the knowledge I gained through this program.
Awesome and positive environment for all
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 31, 2017
Answering calls, customer service, helping students with their FAFSA either in person or over the phone, attending meetings, filing papers, faxing over papers, making copies
Enjoyed the work
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2017
I enjoyed working with the professor grading student exams. The hardest part was making sure that I graded the exams fairly. For me it was a great way to stay in touch with what I had learned in my art history classes.