California University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Wonderful
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  California, PAJune 9, 2017
This is a supportive and fun work enviroment. There is room for professional growth and training with excellent benefits. Everyone at CalU is ready and willing to do whatever it takes to help their fellow employees as well as students. I could not be happier having attended and worked at CAL U.
educational and fun work place
Work study office clerk (Current Employee) –  California, PAMay 16, 2017
working at California University of Pennsylvania is really enjoyable. You learn from others and especially from yourself. It is a good experience to work as a office clerk at the university.
Work Study Postion
Alumni Ambassador (Former Employee) –  California, PAMay 14, 2017
I needed a work study for the summer and found the Alumni Relations position open on the announcement page. I ended up loving what I did over the summer that I kept it for the entire year. My bosses were so nice and went out of their way to help me with whatever I needed.
Decent work experience
Mechatronics Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee) –  California, PAMay 6, 2017
The Teacher's Assistant position did not require much other than helping professors setup for labs and help distribute the workload. It also provided me with experience needed in other work environments.
Great Place
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  California, PAMay 1, 2017
Great place to work. It is always refreshing to help the younger generation reach their goals and California University of Pa allowed me to do so. Great Place.
Great job for students
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  California, PAMarch 31, 2017
Work Study positions are great for busy students that are looking for a little extra money, but do not have the extra time for a full-time or part-time job.
Pros
Only 8 hours a week
Cons
Only 8 hours a week
Great Place To Work
Residence Hall Assistant (Current Employee) –  California, PAMarch 28, 2017
Great environment for learning and growing within the job as an RA. Peers, colleges, and supervisors motivate me to achieve the best quality of a person I can become both on and off the job.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
The money made goes right back into the room expense.
student work
Health Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  California, PAMarch 1, 2017
The job culture is very laid back and can be a fun time, if your on the grave yard shift be ready to deal with some wild things coming in and out of the health center.
Nice safe local university
Director of Systems & Operations (Former Employee) –  California, PAFebruary 13, 2017
The university is a nice local option for students looking to complete a degree. I always thought it was a good choice for many students. The campus is beautiful and people friendly.
Pros
Clean beautiful campus, good programs
Cons
Decreased enrollment as less people are attending college
This was a very good job to gain experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  California, PAJanuary 21, 2017
This may have been just a position as a work study but I learned a lot while there. I worked under a few programmers and network managers that were all extremely capable. They taught me to look for solutions and how to try to implement them. It was a great opportunity to grow not only as a an IT technician but as an employee in general.
Very nice work place
Graduate Assistant for University Honors Program (Current Employee) –  California, PAOctober 19, 2016
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
I learned how to get people to follow social media pages.
I learned how to write press releases.
I learned how to advertise for the honors program to have more students join.
Real World Projects
Assist professor (Current Employee) –  California, PAOctober 18, 2016
I used my work study to assist the professor in grading exams but also to work on real world projects such as humanitarian mapping for the malaria outbreak in Africa. I also create lesson plans for the ArcGIS Online Program.
Good work place
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  California, PASeptember 13, 2016
I studied at the same time working as a GA in business department. Professor are nice and generous. I learnt about team work. The job is not that hard, you just need like one week to learn the jobs.
Creative
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  California, PASeptember 12, 2016
-Typical day at the job entails assisting guests, camps, and conferences with the best customer service and working with a motivated team

-I learned how to work in fast paced environments and be a team leader when needed and perspective

-The management was well organized and consistent throughout

-Co-workers varied, different personalities and different work techniques

-Hardest part of job was dealing with unhappy/difficult clients

-Most enjoyable part of job was working on campus, convenient and easy access to work
Pros
Living on campus
Cons
No meal plan
Academic environment
Middle Childhood and Adolescent Development (Current Employee) –  California, PAAugust 19, 2016
Adjunct professor - I taught 1 to 2 classes a semester. I was able to connect with students in their pursuit of their bachelor and master degrees. I learned about their goals and the sacrifices.
Pros
Constant change; increased knowledge
Worked there as a Work Study in the University Technology department
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  California, PAMarch 13, 2016
Working there as a student work study can be a bit of a grind-- you get all of the scrub jobs. I learned a lot working there though, but they won't let you learn the things you really want to learn.
Nice place to work with a pliable schedule
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  California, PANovember 2, 2015
The university works with your school schedule to help find a job that fits it. The professors are helpful and nice when you approach them. I typically helped other students with their circuits labs. I learned how to appropriately teach students new concepts and expand on what they have learned in class. All in all, Cal U is a nice place to work.
Pros
I got to learn some new concepts on the job
Cons
Low wage
Excellent workplace that challenged my intellect
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  California, PAOctober 13, 2015
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had. It challenged my intellect, allowed my creative side to shine through, and firmed up my presentation skills.
Work study position located within my college dorm
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Building ESeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed working as a desk attendant for my college dorm. My duties included unlocking the main entrance for residents, identifying residents of the dorm, signing in and signing out of residents' guests.
Pros
time to study and complete homework
Cons
late night hours
Your typical work study
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  California, PAAugust 16, 2015
Working as a desk assistant is a good job for students as it allows them to work and practice clerical skills while giving them enough time to easily balance their school and work life.
Pros
able to balance school and work easily
Cons
minimum wage and few hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California University of Pennsylvania. Our community is ready to answer.

California University of Pennsylvania Reviews by Location