California University of Pennsylvania

California University of Pennsylvania Employer Reviews

I love my School
graduate asistant (Current Employee), department of nursingMarch 24, 2015
I wasn't sure at the first time but it turned into a dream the time goes by. You can find everything you want easily; IT support, fun, educational contribution, friendly people etc.
Smaller University with good academic
Student-athlete (Former Employee), California, PaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: small campus
Cons: small town
Smaller school with great facilities. Classrooms have professors focus on students.
Good Place to work
Captain/Team Member (Former Employee), columbus, ohJanuary 11, 2015
Great opportunity to bound with younger kids. Also gave the chance to shape a young mind. Teach them responsibility and discipline.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee), California, PAJanuary 4, 2015
As a Student, It liked the learning environment at CALU. As a faculty, I enjoy teaching, coworkers are nice and cooperating.
Productive work place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), California, PADecember 27, 2014
California University of Pennsylvania is my current University where I am studying chemistry with minors in Mathematics and Finance. While studying here I hold a teaching assistant position for the physics department.
Great place for first job
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant (Former Employee), California, PASeptember 30, 2014
this was one of my first jobs and I really liked working here. Would recommend this to any student who is trying to find a work study.
Enjoyable and challenging
Development Events Coordinator (Current Employee), California, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: state owned institution with budget constraints
The state universities have unfortunately received less and less funding from the tax payers over the last several years which has forced us to find ways to support and sustain ourselves. Therefore, we strive daily to find ways to engage our alumni and develop corporate support in order to make a college education more affordable for our students. Most of what I do is develop events that will raise money for student scholarships or provide the venue for our staff to cultivate relationships with donors and friends of the university. The hardest part of the job is being able to do the job with diminishing state funded support, however, the most enjoyable part of the job is developing and executing an event plan that continually raises the bar.
TEMP JOB
Distance Education and Information tech (Former Employee), California, PAApril 25, 2014
FLEXIBLE HOURS
TEMP JOB
SMALL PAY
EASY GOING SUPERVISOR
EASY JOB TO LEARN
temp
nothing major. Short term job. Nice management. small pay but flexible hours.
Alot of Free Time
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), California, PAMarch 15, 2014
Great people. Able to complete any task. Long hours are great for a night owl like me.
Excellent place to work
Work-Study Student (Former Employee), California, PANovember 3, 2013
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: none!
As a work-study, I didn't have too much to do, but it was a truly wonderful job. Definitely an even balance between work and student life.
Good Benefits no training all hands on with very little supervision
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), California UniversityOctober 13, 2013
Short day with lots of projects to do
The hardest part of this job is no supervision and lack of training
Fun and challenging workplace
Residents Life Community Assistant (Former Employee), California, PASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: supportive co-workers, helping students, and meeting new people.
Cons: middle of the night lock-outs.
Work office hours and on-call days. Help any students with questions or problems they may have. I learned to manage my job and full time class schedule. Valuable experience managing all types of situations. Management was there to help you in any way. Co-workers were supportive for the most part. The hardest part of the job were the nights where you were woken up to unlock a students door in the middle of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people in need and meeting new people.
Great work study position.
Assistant to the Secretary (Current Employee), California, PASeptember 9, 2013
Everyone in the Department of Social Work at California University of Pennsylvania is absolutely wonderful. We all work hard and have a good time.
work study
University Representative (Former Employee), California, PAJuly 21, 2013
fair and flexible hours. great boss. Provides great skills for future.
enjoyable enviroment with flexible schedualing
office work study (Former Employee), California, PAJune 24, 2013
Pros: convience ot schedual
Cons: no job security or advancement possibility
I thoroughly enjoyed my emplyment at the University however it was a workstudy so there was no actual job security or advancement available. I loved the enviroment and the offices that I work for during my time there.
Research and Office Management
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), California, PAJune 10, 2013
Office coverage
University Board monthly meeting
Research based projects concerning educating Undergraduate Online-Based classrooms
Effective encouraging work place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), California, PAJune 10, 2013
As Graduate Assistant I experienced a great educational work environment at CalU. My supervisor used my strengths to give me opportunities I would not have gotten in any other Graduate position on campus.
Great job to have during school.
Student Worker (Current Employee), California, PAApril 29, 2013
I help professors with whatever they need. I learned a lot about scanning, copying, and filing papers. The management was very nice. Everyone i have worked with was wonderful. The hardest part of this job was going to the storage room and carrying the boxes up. The most enjoyable part of this job was to be able to get my homework done.
Great Experience
Counselor Education Department Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), California, PAApril 14, 2013
I have a great in-depth knowledge of how a higher education department runs.