California University of Pennsylvania

California University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Great job to have during school.
Student Worker (Current Employee), California, PAApril 29, 2013
I help professors with whatever they need. I learned a lot about scanning, copying, and filing papers. The management was very nice. Everyone i have worked with was wonderful. The hardest part of this job was going to the storage room and carrying the boxes up. The most enjoyable part of this job was to be able to get my homework done.
Great Experience
Counselor Education Department Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), California, PAApril 14, 2013
I have a great in-depth knowledge of how a higher education department runs.
Work Study in Technical Services at college library
Library Assistant (Former Employee), California, PAFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: supervisor was wonderful and great to work with
Cons: not enough hours, only worked part time 15 hours a week
Wonderful supervisors and employees. I love books and working in a library. I learned how to file and catalog books on a computer. How to use library catalogs. The hardest part was leaving work. I could have worked there all day
good learning experience
Community Assistant (Former Employee), California, PAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: free housing
Cons: working weekends
As I was Community Assistant I learned time management, and juggling work with school with play. I feel that Cal U has helped me in where I am today
An enjoyable environment, witha broad range of tasks and duties.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), California, PAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: lots of latittude in strategies and ideas
Cons: lack of accountability and timeliness amongst employees
I very much enjoyed the position, but was a bit discouraged by the lack of accountability and confusion in authority that existed in a highly bureaucratic environment.
Work Study Position
SITES Student Rep./Summer Orientation Leader (Former Employee), California, PAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: hands-on environment, flexible schedule
Cons: only allows 8 hrs per week by law.
Cal U offers work study positions to students so they may earn money to help while in school. I worked with SITES and the Welcome Center while I attended there. Both jobs helped me learn and master skills such as program planning, marketing, and human resources.
Great School
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), California, PANovember 7, 2012
Pros: free transportation on local buses
Great college. Here your not just a number, your professors know you by name. There are many wonderful professors here to help you get your degree and secure your future.
California University of PA
Student worker (Former Employee), California, PAJuly 15, 2012
Pros: cost and location
I attending this school for my Bachelor's and Master's degrees. Cal U is a great university for the teaching program. I enjoyed the professors and my peers. All of the professors were very intelligent and helpful to me as I learned how to become a Journalist and then also an English teacher.
Difficult work environment, employee back-stabbing w3as common, nearly $99M in dept, management was dictatorial, poor administration,
Assoc. VP for University Advancement (Current Employee), California PennsylvaniaJune 2, 2012
Pros: interaction with faculty, students and staff
Cons: please see review summary
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS

Fundraising – Increased Foundation Endowment from $8 million to $12.7 million through effective major gift solicitations, creative sponsorship opportunities, and effective donor cultivation. Increased number of scholarship awards by 497. I successfully managed a portfolio of 125 major, corporate and foundation prospects while administrating other fundraising projects and programs..

Administrative Collaboration – Interacted with the top leadership of government, corporations and foundations, as well as cabinets and boards, in the planning and administration of strategies that effectively supported the goals, visions and missions of each organization, thereby bringing each marketing and fundraising campaign to a successful conclusion.

Partnership Building - Built strong partnerships with leading individuals, foundations, corporations, companies, community based organizations, government agencies and educational partners to support programs and services as well as the development of a large volunteer base.

Strengthened Commitment – Using sound judgment and leadership skills, I designed and maintained Annual Fund Campaigns for nine years with emphasis on developing and strengthening alumni commitment to the university or organization..

Resource Development - Played key role in planning and success of 4 capital campaigns, $35,000,000; $12,000.000; $6,000,000; and $4,000,000, primarily for building new facilities, to strengthen financial viability, increase support for programs and services, and secure the organization’s future growth.

Entrepreneurial Character – more... – Founded student-run telemarketing system that became an important asset to increasing the support of thousands of grass-roots volunteers, members and donors for many different departments.

Programmatic Maturity - Assisted through fundraising in the formation of programs that enabled hundreds of local community members who reside in high-need, limited resource areas to improve their position within their communities and work force.

Creative Ability – Designed advanced, highly developed fundraising events that would increase financial support for specific programs, and enhance community recognition. One such event, the President’s Gala produced over $1,000,000 within ten years. – less
It is a very stable, fun and energetic workplace
Workstudy/Intern (Current Employee), Human Resource OfficeMarch 7, 2012
California University of PA HR office is a great place to work at. I was a workstudy and an intern in the office and the people are friendly and like to help you out in anyway that they can.