Department: Institutional Advancement
Position: Associate Director, Development Annual Fund
Location: San Diego, CA
California Western School of Law invites applications for the position of the Associate Director, Development Annual Fund. This position will work closely with the V.P of Institutional Advancement, under the direction of the Director of Development and Alumni Relations and will be responsible for managing and implementing an effective and comprehensive strategic plan for the law school’s annual giving program.
California Western School of Law is a not-for-profit, independent law school located in downtown San Diego, with approximately 800 students. San Diego’s oldest law school, CWSL was accredited by the American Bar Association in 1962 and has been a member of the Association of American Law Schools since 1967. In addition to its strong JD program, California Western offers dual and joint degrees with UC San Diego and San Diego State University and administers numerous clinical programs including the California Innocence Project, Community Law Project, and several programs focused on improving the rule of law in Latin America.
- Bachelor's degree and/or three to five years of successful annual fund management experience.
- Three or more years supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in working with donor databases, preferably Raisers Edge.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising including direct mail, telephone and reunion solicitations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- High level of computer skills in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in higher education environment preferred.
- Oversee all functions of management of the donor/alumni database (Raisers Edge and Sphere).
- Manage and implement the law school’s Annual Fund program, including, but not limited, to direct mail, telephone, reunion, employee, faculty and class and law firm giving.
- Develop and implement fundraising and program strategies for the annual fund, Juris Society, employee and faculty giving, class giving, law firm giving and capital campaigns.
- Supervise, train and evaluate support staff.
- Represent the law school at occasional alumni and development events.