HKG LLP’s state and local tax practice in Arcadia, California has an immediate position open for a Property Tax Associate to manage multiple tax engagements. You will also be responsible for negotiations with state and local taxing authorities and appeal proceedings in front of the Assessment Appeals Board. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a basic understanding property taxes, with the ability to accurately analyze client records and other financial information with respect to preparing practical approaches to the client's tax situation in an appropriate and timely fashion.
This candidate will be responsible for all aspects of conducting property tax engagements for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities would involve interacting closely with clients in order to formulate innovative tax strategies through effective reseach skills.
The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field. Minimum knowledge of property tax concepts is required.Strong analytical skills and attention to detail is strongly desired.
- Build & maintain relationships with our clients and their vendors
- Research tax codes, regulations and guidelines
- Conduct in-depth review of vendor invoices for issues, documenting and filing of refunds
- Extremely high level of integrity
- Exceptional initiative, ownership and of projects
- Outstanding organization, planning, multi-tasking, prioritization and time management skills
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Medical benefits, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays are offered.