Calista Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor management with no communication whatsoever.
Shareholder Records Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2016
Was excited to join the corporation however was turned off on the poor management, and major lack of communication. The department had a total of 5 persons whom quit and 1 was fired in the a time frame of less than 4 months.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Major lack of communication
Yulista branch is a terrible place to work. Stay clear or start looking for another job as soon as you get this one.
Engineering tech (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 13, 2017
The management is a train wreck and has no clue what they are doing. They are always relying on the knowledge of the floor workers because they have no idea on how to get the job done. Then they will take the credit for all the hard work you put in and not even give you a thank you for it. The first meeting I had with my manager he told me to always cover my butt and keep an eye out for another job. Nice words of encouragement on your first week. The back stabbing and the lack of team work between the floor and management is unbelievable. They only way to get ahead in the company is to kiss tail on a regular basis or being someone's friend or relative. If anyone does decide to work here it would be best to watch what you say and who you say it to. They will twist it to suit what ever need they may have. Oh and get used to being blamed for stuff you didn't do even after you leave.
Pros
Cons
Definitely the management
Really Horrible Company
FuckedOver (Current Employee) –  ThePlace TheyFuckYouOverOctober 10, 2016
Management hasn't a clue on how to operate the company. Never had, and never will. It completely relies on the tax payers handouts to operate. This has to be one of the only companies in the world that doesn't have to focus on the bottom line. Their idea on how to run a company is to promote the most ignorant people in the world.
Pros
Cons
Everything. VP, DOP, PMs, ProjectMs, PLs, HR directors.
Calista cares about employees
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Calista HeadquartersFebruary 1, 2017
Calista is extremely generous and compassionate. I feel it is not only about the work we do, but they genuinely care for my well-bring and also the well-being of my family. The company is working diligently to increase and maintain morale and is really focusing on making Calista a fun and safe place to work.
no one cared if you showed up to work or not
Quality (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlMay 25, 2015
Had and got a good job if you had family member already working here. Not dependable or stable. Management was also family or former co-workers. Hardest part of the job is putting up with the favoritism.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many family members
nice people to serve
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the time with them, I had the opportunity to learn some new things that I have never done. The last supervisor/co worker was a good guy to work with, he was very knowledgeable.
Positive, Encouraging, and Family Oriented
Workforce and Shareholder Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  AnchorageJune 3, 2015
Calista has been the best place I have ever worked. Everyone is fun, caring, encouraging, and helpful. I see myself working here for a number of years to come!
Pros
Flexible, Understanding, Culture Rich
Cons
5.2 hours of PTO bi-weekly. I would be happy with at least 6 or 7.
Stay far away from this place.
Woker Bee (Former Employee) –  Hunsville, AlMay 21, 2015
Everyday was a challenge. Everyone comes to work in fear of losing their jobs because of what they might say or do. The nepotism and good ole boy network are alive and well here. Schedule driven, poor HR procedures, lazy/difficult co workers because nepotism allows them to be. Just steer clear of this place.
Pros
Pay scale was good
Cons
Environment of fear.
Office Department
Office Assistant/Courier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AlaskaApril 1, 2015
I worked in the office department. There was only 2 coworkers who worked in the office department. I was the office assistant. I helped out the front desk, and my office manager. I learned a lot with this job. I thank Calista Corporation for the work experience. I enjoyed working for my native corporation.

Want to know more about Calista Corporation?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calista Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9