- Minimum of 3 years of telecom technical experience enstalling and servicing PBX equipment with technical certifications to back up your experience.
- Minimum of 1 years VOIP experience installing and servicing VOIP PBX equipment.
- Proficient in LAN/WAN implementation and troubleshooting, specifically on the voice side.
- Preferably having a current Avaya and ShoreTel certification or similar VoIPmanufacturer certifications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Cabling skills.
- Troubleshoot digital trunks.
- Daily MAC work is required.
The applicants main responsibility will be to install and service VoIP telecommunications equipment and ensure voice quality over the LAN/WAN by assisting in the implementation of new VOIP systems or troubleshooting existing IPBX systems. This person will report directly to the Director of Net One and will working predominantly in the field addressing our customer’s daily needs.
Hours of Operation:
The tech’s daily work schedule will be from 8 AM until 5 PM every business day with a one hour daily lunch break. They will need to be available by telephone or pager to assist the field technicians with any afterhours work 24 x 7 x 365 and to assist the on-call technician if needed. They will also have a scheduled on call turn.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Setup, program, stage, and bench-test all new systems for onsite installation. All database programming information will be initially obtained from the project manager. Upon completion of the bench testing a complete set of as-built documentation must be generated with one copy going to the project manager, one copy going to the lead installation technician, and one copy being retained at Call One for their master records.
- Ensure voice quality over the LAN/WAN by assisting in the implementation of new VOIP systems or troubleshooting existing IPBX systems. If the call cannot be completed remotely the engineer will need to contact his supervisor and inform him that a technician needs to be dispatched to the customer site.
- Maintain all technical certifications required to keeping current with the manufacturers technical requirements.
- Assist in any onsite service, installation or training when needed.Additional duties to be assigned.