Call Taker Employee Reviews

Call Taker/ Clerk
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 6, 2017
productive and fast paced environment to work for, a typical day consists of answering multiple phone lines, providing customer service, scheduling appointments, data entry. The hardest part of the job is answering 200-500 phone calls a day with minimal help,the most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with the customers.
Pros
free lunches and great crew
Cons
short breaks
Great learning experience for my careerr of becoming a police officer.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INApril 4, 2017
Working at a Dispatch center has really showed me a great deal of how law enforcement handles some of the situations they encounter everyday on the job. Working the other side of the radio teaches alot, officer safety, radio educate and many other skills I am still learning.
Really structured environment
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2017
You gain clerical skills. I learned how to navigate different software on a desktop and how to use a multi-line telephone. It's a place where you deal with all kinds of people so you learn how to be patient with others.
Pros
Didn't have to punch out for lunch.
Cons
Always busy.
Fast pace
Call Taker/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 5, 2016
This is a great place to work. I can get extremely busy at time but that's what I love most about it because the more work there is to do the faster the day goes by.
I worked up to 50 hours a week
Call Taker/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2016
Management could have been more people friendly. There is no job security or benefits. It was very childish. The most enjoyable part was talking to different people over the phone. The least enjoyable was it was like high school. Management yells a lot.
Great place
EMS Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 28, 2016
Great place to work co workers are easy to get along with they work with you the mamnagement can be a little better it is busy but it makes the day go by faster
Great place
Call Taker (Current Employee) –  Miami flJuly 11, 2016
A great place to work for. the environment is well, the people are great and it is a fun work place. Professional and well orientated.
hostil enviroment
COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33150June 28, 2016
Management favorite curtain CSR and do not care in following the rules and regulation of the company.

Lead agents come up to you and yell in your face when on a call
Cons
short breaks
trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2016
High stress and extreme customer service. Dealing with citizens that are mostly ungrateful and never appreciate what you do.
Pros
work for the police department
Cons
Holidays are mandatory
Normal worksite
Call Taker (Current Employee) –  MASSJune 17, 2015
Everything is okay, but for my age I want to be active not just sitting on my bum all day, rather have fun & take pride in my work.
Very productive and full filling position
Admissions Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioApril 20, 2015
Very busy and intense. I've learned to work at a fast-paced while remaining focused. I met very nice people. Some of the managers performed excellent in their rolls. However, sometimes, there was a lack of confidentiality and respect towards some employees. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication between the nurses at the skilled nursing facilities. I learned a lot about the different medications that are out on the market for elderly patients.
Pros
Knowing that my job to key in patient's meds was saving someone's life.
Cons
The lack of respect from some of the RN's for their patients and employers.
Comfortable Call Center Experience
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 12, 2015
Taking calls and receiving calls for customers in need of road service and/or to start up a membership, taking payments over the phone. Enjoyed the fast pace of the job and I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Very good company to work for
Data entry from the oil deliveries (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTMarch 5, 2015
I absolutely loved working in customer service dealing with customers. Customers would call up and specifically ask for me because I knew exactly what they wanted and needed and got the job done quickly.
enjoy your job
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  dalas, txJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work is preview the workload, creating and maintaining a spreadsheet, monitoring drivers activities, scheduling monitoring the delivery times of each load. I learned different types of software which include Successware and Mcloed loadmaster also hsve become proficient in Word and Excel. The hardest part of the day is going home, I enjoy my work and become attached to it and want to make sure the work is done and done correctly. The most enjoyable part or the day is getting to work, they say you have to enjoy your job and when it comes to being a dispatcher I look forward to work.
Pros
learning new things daily
Cons
cant think of any
awesome place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2014
welcome every day smiles. respect, benefits, holiday meals brought in if you were there besides time and a half. busy understanding and caring company.I had to quit because I had surgery and I couldn't sit or stand for long periods of time.
Pros
being hired to work there
Cons
I had to give it up
Life Changing
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MANovember 21, 2013
My job is very rewarding and yet very stressful. It basically is sitting around for an emergency to happen and when it does you do whatever you can to help that person on the other line. You also see a different side of law enforcement and how stressful an officers job really is. The hardest part of the job is when you have a caller who found their husband/wife/son/daughter or parent dead. Trying to call them down as you are sending someone to help them.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Stress of a death or accident
Fast paced, Great work environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lennox, caOctober 10, 2013
Answering high volume calls, processing payments, data entry
Was pretty ok job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MarylandDecember 19, 2012
As soon as I arrived at work I logged in on the computer and started assisting customers with transportation.I learned how to input data into a computer and I also learned a lot about customer service.Management was cool. He used to allow us to have company parties and on holidays we were all allowed to bring in a dish for everyone to try. My co-workers were like family. I loved the atmosphere.The hardest part was not being able to get the cabs sent fast enough. The most enjoyable part was that it was a laid back place of work and the interaction with the customer was behind the phone. This place ran out of money and eventually went out of business but, if I could find another job like this one I'd be very content.
When I was working the Customer Service depatment/ Mgt.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAMay 1, 2012
It was an exicting experience that changed my life. Being on top of Customer Service is difficult because you have to satisfy the customers, even when you can't get them the prodouct or the service they wish to have. It is just basic communication and compromise. I never worked in a slow pace environment and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's not easy working with people on your team. I found how difficult it can be when every individual has there own personal probleml that affects them and from working to there full potential. At the end of the day I realize that I am human as well as every one on my team and that I have maintain proper and professional leadership, attitude, gestures, respect and language.
Pros
good memories and the friendship
Cons
being on call, not enough time for lunch break, not enough pay.
I loved working at the Fire dept., it was fun I learned how to properly perform cpr and I saw firsthand how the firefighters were trained.
Assistant secretary (Former Employee) –  Maywood, ILApril 19, 2012
A typical day at the Fire Dept. consisted of me sorting and distributing the mail, greet people, type memos and distrubute them. Assist the secretary, fire chief, and fire inspector. I filed ambulance reports, did light book keeping, answer a multi line telephone, and clean the front office. I learned how to properly perform cpr. The hardest part of the job was helping the fire inspector set up for the cpr classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with men and women who actually helped save lives.