Call Taker

Call Taker United States Employee Reviews

Comfortable Call Center Experience
Dispatcher (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 12, 2015
Taking calls and receiving calls for customers in need of road service and/or to start up a membership, taking payments over the phone. Enjoyed the fast pace of the job and I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Very good company to work for
Data entry from the oil deliveries (Former Employee), Waterford, CTMarch 5, 2015
I absolutely loved working in customer service dealing with customers. Customers would call up and specifically ask for me because I knew exactly what they wanted and needed and got the job done quickly.
enjoy your job
Dispatcher (Current Employee), dalas, txJuly 10, 2014
Pros: learning new things daily
Cons: cant think of any
A typical day at work is preview the workload, creating and maintaining a spreadsheet, monitoring drivers activities, scheduling monitoring the delivery times of each load. I learned different types of software which include Successware and Mcloed loadmaster also hsve become proficient in Word and Excel. The hardest part of the day is going home, I enjoy my work and become attached to it and want to make sure the work is done and done correctly. The most enjoyable part or the day is getting to work, they say you have to enjoy your job and when it comes to being a dispatcher I look forward to work.
awesome place to work
customer service (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: being hired to work there
Cons: i had to give it up
welcome every day smiles. respect, benefits, holiday meals brought in if you were there besides time and a half. busy understanding and caring company.I had to quit because I had surgery and I couldn't sit or stand for long periods of time.
Life Changing
DISPATCHER (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MANovember 21, 2013
Pros: working with great people
Cons: stress of a death or accident
My job is very rewarding and yet very stressful. It basically is sitting around for an emergency to happen and when it does you do whatever you can to help that person on the other line. You also see a different side of law enforcement and how stressful an officers job really is. The hardest part of the job is when you have a caller who found their husband/wife/son/daughter or parent dead. Trying to call them down as you are sending someone to help them.
Fast paced, Great work environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Lennox, caOctober 10, 2013
Answering high volume calls, processing payments, data entry
Was pretty ok job
Operator (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MarylandDecember 19, 2012
As soon as I arrived at work I logged in on the computer and started assisting customers with transportation.I learned how to input data into a computer and I also learned a lot about customer service.Management was cool. He used to allow us to have company parties and on holidays we were all allowed to bring in a dish for everyone to try. My co-workers were like family. I loved the atmosphere.The hardest part was not being able to get the cabs sent fast enough. The most enjoyable part was that it was a laid back place of work and the interaction with the customer was behind the phone. This place ran out of money and eventually went out of business but, if I could find another job like this one I'd be very content.
When I was working the Customer Service depatment/ Mgt.
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Atlanta GAMay 1, 2012
Pros: good memories and the friendship
Cons: being on call, not enough time for lunch break, not enough pay.
It was an exicting experience that changed my life. Being on top of Customer Service is difficult because you have to satisfy the customers, even when you can't get them the prodouct or the service they wish to have. It is just basic communication and compromise. I never worked in a slow pace environment and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's not easy working with people on your team. I found how difficult it can be when every individual has there own personal probleml that affects them and from working to there full potential. At the end of the day I realize that I am human as well as every one on my team and that I have maintain proper and professional leadership, attitude, gestures, respect and language.
I loved working at the Fire dept., it was fun I learned how to properly perform cpr and I saw firsthand how the firefighters were trained.
Assistant secretary (Former Employee), Maywood, ILApril 19, 2012
A typical day at the Fire Dept. consisted of me sorting and distributing the mail, greet people, type memos and distrubute them. Assist the secretary, fire chief, and fire inspector. I filed ambulance reports, did light book keeping, answer a multi line telephone, and clean the front office. I learned how to properly perform cpr. The hardest part of the job was helping the fire inspector set up for the cpr classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with men and women who actually helped save lives.

Call Taker Salaries