Callaway Gardens Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace
Delivery/Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAFebruary 25, 2016
You get to meet new people and introduce them to fun and new activities that they haven't did or scene. The pay is fair, you also get to set your own hours that is great because you have more time with your family. The management is fair also it is ran very well. The coworkers enjoys coming to work because its very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with fraud and scammers.
Pros
Activities and new events also the Guests
Cons
fraud
Fun place to work, great staff
Recreation Food Attendant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at work included setting up eating areas, taking food orders, assisting customers with questions about the park, greeting guests and serving ordered items. Co-workers were always fun, friendly and good spirited. The hardest part of the job was filling back-to-back orders on busy days. The most enjoyable part of the job was being beach-front and working with a similar age group.
Pros
Free beach access, discounted park activities, fun work environment
Cons
Tasks could sometimes be boring
callaway gardens
Sous Chef, Food Preporation, baking, Clean (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAApril 27, 2016
great working environment, I learned how to prep an bake food an also clean . manager is amazing an its fast paced environment you learn a few new things wouldn't mind working for them again if given the chance
family oriented, fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GANovember 23, 2015
Working for callaway gardens was on eof the best experiences of my life. The employees are like family as well as the management. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the irate customers, however thats going to happen anywhere so I cant say there was a hard part. The most enjoyable part was meeting all of the people and seeing all of the families coming together. Especially during the holiday seasons
Pros
close knit family of employees, respectful management, warm, friendly environment
Four Star Resort with Family work enviorment
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GANovember 15, 2015
Everyone was like family in this Resort ! With over 1500 employees that says alot for the southern hospitality found here. Their also was room to move up within the company.
Hostess at a restaurant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, GAMay 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be meeting and greeting new people as they enter the restaurant. I learned to always have a positive attitude and make people feel comfortable as they enter. My manager and co workers could always count on me for anything and got along with me very well. The hardest part of the job was to do multiple jobs at one time when the restaurant became busy. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the satisfaction of the customers and making money.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
short breaks
Great cooperative workplace.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GASeptember 22, 2015
This was a very relaxed workplace. The coworkers and managers are extremely helpful and understanding. They also have flexible schedule options.
Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GASeptember 17, 2015
Loved it and its a great place to work.the staff and other people's there are very nice and helpful. I loved the hours most of all i loved what i did on this job.
Productive, and educational
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAMarch 6, 2015
I liked working here, it helped me gain lots of knowledge in human resources and greeting, meeting new people. A typical day work would include: answering the phone, and introducing guests to our resort. The hardest part of my job there was trying to obtain more hours and having to dealing with the minimum I received. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people on a daily basis.
Pros
gained customer service skills.
Cons
not enough hours.
A wonderful place to get a start in the work force
Group Sales Administrator/Receptionist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work consist of answering the phones and assisting clients and conducting contracts as well as working with BEO's. Everyday I learn something new such as how to improve a contract. Management is very helpful when I have questions. The hardest part of the job would be trying to keep guest calm on the phone when they have been transfered to many different departments until they find the correct department. I love it when I can help them and get them to the correct department and they sound so happy and satisfied on the phone and in person as well.
Callaway Gardens
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJuly 19, 2014
This was a very entertaining job. all the people were very easy to work with. and if anyone needed help someone was there to help. as for the Management, they were great and very laid back and the door was always open for all employees. I learned a lot from working with my co- workers they were the best. the hardest part of this job was getting parts to complete my work orders.The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that when I walked out of a unit,it was ready to rent!
Pros
free admission to the park.
Cons
the highcost of health care.
Constant customer interaction
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain,GAMay 1, 2014
Cleaning up to 30 rooms on a day to day basis, dealing with customers every day. Enjoyable people to work with, All the supervisors were nice and helpful, at the time I was there the head manager was not very supportive of her employees and constantly downed them. It was very hard dealing with her and her negativity all the time. But I did enjoy the daily interaction with customers and other employees.
It was what it was. A Job
Laundry worker/house keeper (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAAugust 23, 2012
I worked there over a year. Working in housekeeping, not being supervised. I made the mistake of getting sick, and could not get in touch with supervisor. Stayed at work, but couldn't do my work very well. Next day was asked to come into Human Resourses office. I was fired on the spot, because they said I was not doing my job. They said I was missing from the area. I was sick in the bathroom. No one came looking for me. I didn't even get a return phone call from the supposed supervisor. Human Resourses didn't want to hear anything I had to say. Took my padge, and dismissed me.
Pros
i really liked working with some of the people, and the history.
Cons
supervisors are not understanding towards their employees.
Busy but fun workplace
Reservations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAOctober 16, 2012
Everyday was already lined up, it was the same and i knew what i was suppose to do. I learned different programs on the computer, how to talk to different types of people and make people feel comfortable talking to me.
My co-workers were very helpful and friendly and all had the same goals for each day and helped eachother along the way. like family
The hardest part about this job was not being able to give people the days they wanted because of over capacity and no more availability. The most enjoyable part was when i got off of the phone and i knew that my customer was happy and satisfied.
Pros
family environment
Cons
n/a
nice place to go visit with family.
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed working here for the most part, it is an excellent fun place to bring family on a vacation but the management isn't all that great.
Pros
good hours
Cons
judgemental
Accounting Department
Accounting/Supervisory/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GASeptember 11, 2014
I really enjoyed this job all the way from Supervising for Fantasy in Lights to the Accounting Department. Always busy with customer service, reports, sales, filing, and deposits. Had a wonderful team in the accounting department and at the other sites I worked. The hardest part of the job, was leaving it.
A great place to learn, strive and grow.
Director of Reservations & Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAOctober 24, 2012
I lead the Reservations and Guest Services Team. A typical day is insuring that rate strategies are in place, phones are being answered and guests are being checked in in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your ideas are implemented and it is profitable for the resort.
Pros
family friendly and people are great
Cons
insurance costs
Productive and fun place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAMay 15, 2012
Callaway Gardens is an excellent place to work. I enjoyed serving people from all over the world. I worked with a diverse group of talented people. If you love nature, and want want to meet people from all four corners of the earth; then I highly recommend Callaway Gardens as a place to work.
Pros
delicious food, beautiful scenery, excellent benefits package
A fun and loving enviornment.
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Kennewick,WAFebruary 22, 2012
It was a rewarding job. I enjoyed working with the elderly assisting with activites of daily living. Enjoyed talking and listening to the storys about patients accomplishments. We had a wonderful careing staff. From front desk to management,and kitchen staff. It was a fun place to work at.
Pros
enjoyed working with the elderly.
Cons
i didnt have benefits.
The people you worth with make your experience great.
Assistant Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Good, down to earth people. Great location with beautiful gardens. Locally owned and run. Nice place to visit for a day or stay for a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Callaway Gardens. Our community is ready to answer.

Callaway Gardens Reviews by Location