Callaway Gardens

Callaway Gardens Employer Reviews

A wonderful place to get a start in the work force
Group Sales Administrator/Receptionist Assistant (Current Employee), Pine Mountain, GAOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work consist of answering the phones and assisting clients and conducting contracts as well as working with BEO's. Everyday I learn something new such as how to improve a contract. Management is very helpful when I have questions. The hardest part of the job would be trying to keep guest calm on the phone when they have been transfered to many different departments until they find the correct department. I love it when I can help them and get them to the correct department and they sound so happy and satisfied on the phone and in person as well.
Calm, professional, overall good working environment.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no overtime allowed
A typical day included the daily briefing with the previous shifts staff letting us know information about residents, such as who is sick, who is in a bad mood, if they had left over chores and etc.. Then we would look at our daily chore schedule to see what residents needed showers, whose laundry needed to be done, whose room needed to be cleaned and whose vital signs needed to be taken. Did our assigned chores while interacting with the other residents, staff, and various family members. We provided dining services, toileted patients, and did activities with them. After the last snack we put the residents to bed finished up our chores and cleaning assignments, then filled out necessary paper work for the day. The hardest part of the job was when you grew close to certain residents, and then they got sick and died. The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting with the residents and seeing the gratitude on their faces when you helped them complete a task.
Accounting Department
Accounting/Supervisory/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GASeptember 11, 2014
I really enjoyed this job all the way from Supervising for Fantasy in Lights to the Accounting Department. Always busy with customer service, reports, sales, filing, and deposits. Had a wonderful team in the accounting department and at the other sites I worked. The hardest part of the job, was leaving it.
Resort
Houseman (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: meet guests
Cons: work different hours everuday
I would first get all the clean lien the housekeepers needed. Then I would clean the porches, grills, fireplaces, windows, etc on cottages that guest where renting.
fun and interactive work place
CASHIER/SERVER (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: access to park attractions
Cons: working in extremly hot/cold conditions
A very fun and entertaining work environment.
Nice and friendly co-workers and customers
The hardest part of the job is working in extreme weather conditions.
Callaway Gardens
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free admission to the park.
Cons: the highcost of health care.
This was a very entertaining job. all the people were very easy to work with. and if anyone needed help someone was there to help. as for the Management, they were great and very laid back and the door was always open for all employees. I learned a lot from working with my co- workers they were the best. the hardest part of this job was getting parts to complete my work orders.The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that when I walked out of a unit,it was ready to rent!
Constant customer interaction
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pine Mountain,GAMay 1, 2014
Cleaning up to 30 rooms on a day to day basis, dealing with customers every day. Enjoyable people to work with, All the supervisors were nice and helpful, at the time I was there the head manager was not very supportive of her employees and constantly downed them. It was very hard dealing with her and her negativity all the time. But I did enjoy the daily interaction with customers and other employees.
I didn't like it
Team Member (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAFebruary 6, 2014
Cons: a lot
It is a very hard to get a job here because you HAVE to know the management in order to be looked at. Even if you do get hired, it's only seasonal. Recently, a lot of people were laid off or replaced and the new management only accepts applications from people in college that he teaches at.
Typical Job
Line Cook (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GASeptember 24, 2013
lots of establishments
place is out in the middle of no where. So business will most likely be slow.
Slow means you could be the only one working because all the salary workers are lazy and leave for the day.
I love Callaway
TreeTop Adventure, Instructor (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GASeptember 20, 2013
Callaway was a wonderful place to work. My Favorite of all time. I hated to leave
Not Managed Correctly
Cashier/Beach Attendant (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAJune 6, 2013
Callaway Gardens has poor Management. I learned how to use the micro computer systems as being a cashier.
Reservations Department
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAMarch 14, 2013
This position involved assisting guests select reservations, while answering posed questions.
its okay
Line Cook (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good time
Cons: food
the place was not that clean. co workers are good .. raned out of food sometimes... need more workers that are fast
Funplace to work with other employees
Manager (Current Employee), Pine Mountain, GAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: job sercuirty
The hardest part of my job is scheduling and making sure things are equal of hours. I love what I do.
A great place to learn, strive and grow.
Director of Reservations & Guest Services (Current Employee), Pine Mountain, GAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: family friendly and people are great
Cons: insurance costs
I lead the Reservations and Guest Services Team. A typical day is insuring that rate strategies are in place, phones are being answered and guests are being checked in in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your ideas are implemented and it is profitable for the resort.
Busy but fun workplace
Reservations Clerk (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: family environment
Cons: n/a
Everyday was already lined up, it was the same and i knew what i was suppose to do. I learned different programs on the computer, how to talk to different types of people and make people feel comfortable talking to me.
My co-workers were very helpful and friendly and all had the same goals for each day and helped eachother along the way. like family
The hardest part about this job was not being able to give people the days they wanted because of over capacity and no more availability. The most enjoyable part was when i got off of the phone and i knew that my customer was happy and satisfied.
Good place to start cooking career
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GASeptember 2, 2012
Cons: no available breaks
I would clock in get food started for the day ahead. I was responsible for my work and took pride in the fact that the dishes that were sent out came back empty.
It was what it was. A Job
Laundry worker/house keeper (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAAugust 23, 2012
Pros: i really liked working with some of the people, and the history.
Cons: supervisors are not understanding towards their employees.
I worked there over a year. Working in housekeeping, not being supervised. I made the mistake of getting sick, and could not get in touch with supervisor. Stayed at work, but couldn't do my work very well. Next day was asked to come into Human Resourses office. I was fired on the spot, because they said I was not doing my job. They said I was missing from the area. I was sick in the bathroom. No one came looking for me. I didn't even get a return phone call from the supposed supervisor. Human Resourses didn't want to hear anything I had to say. Took my padge, and dismissed me.
fun exciting environment with great staff and even better guests!
Intern (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches, fun environment, learned a lot
Cons: being out in the heat
My main job was at the golf course being a beverage cart attendant and waitress in the restaurant. During that typical day I would take inventory of the carts and sell drinks on the golf course to the guests. Inside I would clean up, take orders, and deliver food. When I would work at the beach bar I would help make and serve drinks or help with keeping the bar clean and fully stocked. When I worked at the gift shop I would sell merchandise,and keep the store stocked while over looking the store and keeping it neat and clean. The management was very understanding and very willing to help out. My co-workers were young and we all got along great. They would help out when needed and I would help them the same way. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the guests and members and building relationships. The hardest part was learning from the ground up because the entire staff was new at the same time.
fun exciting environment while being with people and children
Intern (Former Employee), Pine Mountain, GAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches, fun environment, learned a lot
Cons: being out in the heat

About Callaway Gardens

Open since 1952, Callaway Gardens is the centerpiece of 13,000 acres nestled in the southernmost foothills of the Appalachians. – Read more