Callaway Golf Employee Reviews

a fun job the i love doing
Demo Day Rep. and Club Fitting Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
i travel for Callaway golf hosting demo days for Callaway golf products. i also perform public/private fitting sessions for callaway golf and i truly believe this company has the best golf clubs in the world
Web Developer - Front end (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 28, 2016
Work is extremely golf centric (obviously).The environment is professional but laid back. Nearly everyone that works there is easy going and work drama is minimal if non-existent. Compared against tech companies though, the amount of time off and ease of being able to mix your home life into your work life is nigh impossible. I thought job security would be pretty top notch here due to the uptick in sales and overall good health of the company, but divisional restructuring can cause sudden cutting of jobs, even when business is good, so I can't exactly say job security is good here.
Pros
in building cafeteria, pleasant work environment, great enthusiasm for golf (best if you are a golfer as well)
Cons
Pay is generally lower than competitors, No telecommuting at all, Job security gives no prior warning before cutting you lose, even when business is doing well
Great company but poor work/life balance and job security
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 6, 2016
I worked sales at Callaway for 3 years. The people there are great and the product has been a top performer for years. They release product much faster than the competition and keep the sales force constantly selling new items which doesn't leave much down time.

Management has favorites and there is a high turnover rate. Some territories have had more than 3+ reps in the past 4-5 years
Pros
Great product, great people, good pay
Cons
middle management, work/life balance, no room for advancement
Great fun company to work for
Demo Day Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York and eastern PennsylvaniaAugust 12, 2016
Being a Demo Day Sales Rep has been an awesome job, traveling around meeting new people every day. Every day is fun and this job allows the opportunity for very hands on work. The only down fall is the fact that this job is basically seasonal and there is not much work in the winter months.
Pros
Millage, hotel and meal reimbursement along with great manager and coworkers
Cons
Seasonal position and sometimes long work days
callaway was a excellant company to work for
Supervisor machlne shop (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 28, 2016
when I went to work for callaway I was treated with great respect and I worked with 60 employees who work very hard, I learned to cope with employees problems and familys, the hardest part was working 3 shifts 6 days a week and getting calls when problems or breakdowns happened.
Awesome
Senior SAP Principal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 24, 2016
Got lot of opportunities to learn and implement a lot of different business process. Collaborative and efficient teams.
Deceit is most common at Callaway
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 8, 2016
The company views it's employees at completely replaceable even if they've been with the company for 20+ years. Management flip flops on every decision, and they are unable to produce realistic numbers for a sales target. Stay away at all cost possibly the worst company in golf!
Pros
the other reps are nice since everyone is in the same sinking ship
Cons
Too many to list!
Decent job for learning how to package pick and sort
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Typical day at callaway was starting with picking then sorting followed by packaging. Learned how to package ship and pick big orders.
Mostly good people, hard work
Injection Mold Setup and Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 6, 2015
Previously know as Spaulding, then Top Flite. Was a good company while owned by them. Fun place to work, good people and management. Safety, Quality, then Quantity actually went in that order there. Callaway bought the patents and 2 years later we all lost our jobs.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
company said see ya
Great place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Sr. Executive VP & CFO (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 6, 2015
Callaway Golf was my home for 19 years. It is a great company that I will truly miss. I left many long time friends that I will keep in touch with for a long time. The CFO (my boss) retired after 15 years at the company, as well as working with me. When the new CFO came in he decided that we were not a good fit. So ended my career at Callaway.
Pros
Fellow employees and peers
Cons
I was not offered another position within the company, since I was a good fit for Callaway for 19 years.
Productive, continuous workload
Order Management/National Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJuly 23, 2015
Great group of people within the company. Unfortunately the manufacturing moved and many jobs were lost. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility when it came to family issues.
Pros
Earned vacations and number of paid holidays
Cons
Company moving their manufacturing
fun & friendly
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 23, 2015
fun place to go to work every day, I enjoyed working with all my co workers, managers has open door policy, several work hours options to choose from
Productive, Fast-Paced
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 10, 2015
Great company, diverse environment, able to interact and learn from others.Opportunities for advancement. OSHA certified, safe environments. Able to get overtime
good compny
Associate Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 3, 2015
best company i had work for
the company offers good benefits, education,,friendly,some good management
great vacation packages
Pros
micromanagement
Cons
great benefits
outdoor services helping new and returning customers
Outdoor Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
helping out new and returning customers to our driving range and 9 hole par 3 golf course. A great smile and positive attitude go along way with people. The management went through several changes before finding a guy that was enjoyable to work for and with.
Pros
free golf, practice range. coaching from the professionals
Cons
Management in the beginning
Great Work Environment and Loved my job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 29, 2015
I will say that working for Callaway Golf was a true dream. The company was wonderful to be a part of and I so appreciated the opportunity. Unfortunately, with the large changes in management and the new direction of the company that did not allow me to further the success that I had in the 3.5 years that I was with the company. I wish Callaway Golf and their team the very best.
Pros
Great work evironment and great products
Cons
Change in Management
Productive and fun to work, good managment.
Sr Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad CAJanuary 23, 2015
Shifts begin with stretches, enjoyed to work for them.
Worked for 3 different deparments, no accidents "safety is first".
Excellet managment and co-workers.
Change word hardest for challenging.
I enjoyed working there, supervisors are profesionals.
Pros
Free coffee, easy to move between deparments
Cons
No cons
best place to work.
material handler I (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 29, 2014
I had a wonderful time working for this company. they taught me how to use a box maker & helped me with my computer skills. my co-workers did their best to make me feel right at home with them.
productive work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 29, 2014
Lots of hand movement so u get hurt and company moved so no more work.
Growths
Associate Documentation Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 29, 2014
the 17 and half years that I work for this company was a learning experience, I started as a MFG operator and work my way up to Associate Document Systems Coordinator. the management was outstanding until the owner of the company passed away. my co-worker were my 2nd family had great communication and we always helped each other out. the hardest part of the job was when i got lay off in 2011 and enjoyable moments at my job was when we accomplished every goals and superseded in all levels of demend.
Pros
recongnicion for good ideas, rewards
Cons
Health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Callaway Golf. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4