Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services primarily to New York's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community -- in all its diversity -- regardless of ability to pay. To further this mission, Callen-Lorde promotes health education and wellness and advocates for gay, lesbian, and transgender health issues.
Clinical Director of Oral Health Services
Callen-Lorde is seeking an experienced, dedicated Dentist to join our team as our Clinical Director of Oral Health. This role is responsible for the clinical leadership and oversight of the Dental Department of Callen-Lorde. The Clinical director supervises the dentists and oral hygienists, oversees the quality of dental care provided to Callen-Lorde patients, participates in the operational and administrative management of the Dental Department, and operates within the framework of Callen-Lorde’s mission and applicable city, state, and federal mandates. In addition the Clinical Director provides oral health services to a diverse patient population, including those living with HIV. In this role you will perform routine preventative and maintenance dentistry, as well as complex treatments for advance oral diseases and injuries of teeth and gums.
The Health Center is open Monday through Saturday. Some evening and Saturday hours are required. Salary will depend on experience and will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package, including company paid individual medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, and 403B plan.
- New York State Licensure and current New York State Registration, Current Board Certification and DEA Certification required
- Three-five years’ clinical experience providing care to diverse and underserved populations
- Prior Supervisory experience required including performance management of staff and full administrative functions of running a clinic
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde and community based health care services
- Demonstrated knowledge of LGBT health related concerns
- Excellent computer skills (MS office) and knowledge of electronic dental records software (e.g., EagleSoft, QSI dental)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus