CallSource Employee Reviews

WOnderfuu company
Lead Trainer, New Product (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJune 7, 2017
I was hired to develop and organize a new department, from soup to nuts. This provided me the opportunity to develop a good deal of training materials from scratch and to both train internally, be the externally facing product expert for my division, and to train employees via Webex.
Top Heavy Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 15, 2017
Most of the people at CallSource work hard and want to the company to succeed.

The company is very top heavy with a too many directors and too many VP's, Some VP's would be managers at some respectable organizations. The middle management are managers nor leaders.

A lot of internal politics for a company of this size. The company has way too many directors and some of directors do not have any direct reports.

The company needs to pay their people accordingly and hire some real talents for key positions.
Pros
Bagel Friday's, employees are friendly and caring.
Cons
HR is stuck in the 90's, no one is held accountable, reactive for most things, management doesn't listen to employees and technology change is slow.
An educational experience
Interactive Course Designer/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn many new skills, starting as a customer service agent and moving eventually into the budding eLearning department. The internal politics were sometimes uncomfortable, but on the whole I'm glad to have had the experience.
No longer the same company
Carrier Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I worked 10 years at CallSource, the first 5 years were marked by a growth and expansion that match the hunger of everyone that was there. The last 5 years were marred by bad management choices made by individuals that resented the laid back culture
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
Bad Management
fun and rewarding place to work
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 15, 2017
First, you are welcomed and given a thorough training. Then you role play. Then you get to work with plenty of support from peers and management. Culture is fun and productive. Promotion from inside the company is regularly practiced.
Pros
Fun and friendly culture. Good benefits and plenty of advancement chances.
Cons
You are accountable and don't want to let your team down.
Great company, stable (26 years) and always growing. Provides outstanding products and services to our clients to grow their businesses
Manager - (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, California 91362January 5, 2017
CallSource is a great place to work. Open space environment that promotes collaboration across departments and lines of business.

Generous benefits, vacation, sick time, 401k and company Holidays. Our training of new hires is superlative and ensures success for those joining us.

Many of our promotions come from within, thus providing an ongoing opportunity for all employees to move and change laterally or upwards. This is pretty unique in medium sized companies and is a strong motivator for applicants to choose CallSource over other opportunities!

We work to do the right thing, keep commitments, practice blameless problem solving and other high minded practices. We work hard to maintain these goals...sometimes it may be difficult for some because we are, after all, a company of human beings.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is watching our people grow, learn and prosper. Very rewarding and causes me to look forward to coming to work every day! Check us out!!!!
Pros
Cool co-workers, peers and Managers, Lots of free parking, Beautiful office space, Lots of morale and culture building events each month, Fun activities, free snacks, great benefits and special times off and much more, Come and visit us!
Cons
Expensive area. We have our challenges, occasionally, like any company but we work through them and resolve them.
Work that really helps customers. Great culture, great peers.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 3, 2017
CallSource helps businesses by identifying the source of each lead generated by their marketing (by Web, Chat, or Phone), reviewing how their employees handle the leads, and coaching and training them to optimize results.

New employees are trained by experienced peers. Team leads and managers are mainly promoted from inside the company, so there are numerous opportunities to learn new skills and advance your career. Ongoing education is valued and financially supported by the company. The company provides good benefits plus numerous fun surprises, like food, costume days, and company parties.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are helping customers succeed and interacting with the other employees.
Pros
Useful work and good co-workers and managers. 401(k) and medical benefits.
Cons
Westlake is an expensive place to live. Many workers commute in.
Productive place
Development Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMarch 1, 2015
Working on production database.Completes daily about 20-30 cases and also creates UI tools to help customer service make there job easy.
n/a
Lead-Score analyst (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 6, 2014
not a good company to work for. supervisor was not fair to all employees
Cons
no breaks, no emergency request time
Good company, flexible hours.
Call Analyst (Current Employee) –  CAJune 24, 2014
Good company to work for. Flexible hours, work from home. No benefits for contract employees.
A company that can be so much more with effective management.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work was reviewing and following up on emails and customer projects and communicating with internal departments and sales reps. I learned email management as well as time management along with increased knowledge of Excel and Outlook. I had really likable co-workers and enjoyed working with them. The toughest part of the job was contacting clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing projects to the clients satisfaction.
Pros
Compensation, nice people and enough work to go around
Cons
Change without a proper time frame to test previous changes
It was a great position which allowed me to work from home.
Telephone Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  HomeMarch 9, 2013
The position required me to monitor prerecorded phone calls and score them according to company criteria. The benefit of the position was that I worked from home and set my own hours.
Pros
work from home
Cons
1099 employee
Great place to work.
Select Industries Acount Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CASeptember 27, 2012
A typical day at Callsource as an Account Manager consisted of answering emails, creating reports and making calls to existing clients.

I learned time management and how to work with many people with different personalities. Management was very helpful and encouraged me to pursue all paths within the company.

The hardest part of the job was managing a large amount of high maintenance accounts. With that said, Callsource believes in training their employees. The amount of training on new innovative business solutions was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
a great blend of people that are fun to work with.
Cons
high turnover.
Nice part-time at home job
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oak Hills, CAAugust 13, 2012
Wake up, log in and listen. Management was kind and easy to work with, all of your co-workers are on chat if you need them. The hardest part of the job is that it is extremely boring and it's hard not to be distracted by other things. The best part of the job was being able to wear what I wanted and not worry about what my boss might say.
Pros
at home, no selling or inbound calls
Cons
pay per call was .10 and some calls exceeded 20 minuets.
A place where hard work is not really valued
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 8, 2012
This place isnt a place to go to if you're looking to advance in any position. Many people work there for years and are only able to move laterally and the chances of a pay raise are minimal. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with different people in the company and getting to know some of the workers. The management is based on nepotism and usually only if you have family in the company are you able to be raised to the management level. The co-workers are really awesome but there is a lot of disfunction at the management level.